Help with Configuration/settings

Sparrow

8 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

what happened to your pc. 

well its a Asus X555lj, the quality of construction is weak, i let it fall and stopped to recognize the hard disk. It is common on these laptops to happen this issue, i just acellerated it 😕

On 1/31/2021 at 2:00 PM, kYmo said:

This should help you loads i dont think you could hit 60 fps stable with those laptop specs.

I've had a look at your etconfig.cfg file and these should be changed which will help you as stated earlier you only have 1 gb ram which is low.

seta r_customaspect 0

seta com_hunkmegs 96 (if game freezes change this to 128)

seta com_soundmegs 24

seta com_zonemegs 48 (increase this to 64/96 if u experience issues on big maps like crashes)

Make a text file then rename it to autoexec.cfg and put it in your mod folder or etmain folder and it should open when you load into game, if you see no difference then open the console with the ~ key and do /exec autoexec.cfg

seta r_mode 4

seta r_picmip 3

seta r_picmip2 3

seta r_texturemode GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST

seta r_depthbits 16

seta r_lodbias 2

seta r_vertexLight 1

seta r_dynamiclight 1

seta r_finish 0

seta com_maxfps 43

seta cg_drawfps 1

seta cg_atmosphericEffects 0

vid_restart

yo mate, wich so do u suggest? remembered about it now

On 1/31/2021 at 2:00 PM, kYmo said:

This should help you loads i dont think you could hit 60 fps stable with those laptop specs.

I've had a look at your etconfig.cfg file and these should be changed which will help you as stated earlier you only have 1 gb ram which is low.

seta r_customaspect 0

seta com_hunkmegs 96 (if game freezes change this to 128)

seta com_soundmegs 24

seta com_zonemegs 48 (increase this to 64/96 if u experience issues on big maps like crashes)

Make a text file then rename it to autoexec.cfg and put it in your mod folder or etmain folder and it should open when you load into game, if you see no difference then open the console with the ~ key and do /exec autoexec.cfg

seta r_mode 4

seta r_picmip 3

seta r_picmip2 3

seta r_texturemode GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST

seta r_depthbits 16

seta r_lodbias 2

seta r_vertexLight 1

seta r_dynamiclight 1

seta r_finish 0

seta com_maxfps 43

seta cg_drawfps 1

seta cg_atmosphericEffects 0

vid_restart

When you reply if you press the + by the "quote" it allows you to multi quote, pressing the + on various posts adds them all in to one

22 hours ago, Sparrow said:

well its a Asus X555lj, the quality of construction is weak, i let it fall and stopped to recognize the hard disk. It is common on these laptops to happen this issue, i just acellerated it 😕

32 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

22 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

As above so all your posts are on one mate. ;)

• Like 1

so if i heard u right ur hdd went to shit thats very easy fix in a lappy. hell easy in a pc too.  i bet i even have  few hdd setting around here would fit right in that lappy. or are u talking about a optical drive those are even easier to swap out.

i got from your post u dropped it and the optical drive for your cds is broken?am i right? if so u should pm me and i can help u with this.

47 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

so if i heard u right ur hdd went to shit thats very easy fix in a lappy. hell easy in a pc too.  i bet i even have  few hdd setting around here would fit right in that lappy. or are u talking about a optical drive those are even easier to swap out.

i got from your post u dropped it and the optical drive for your cds is broken?am i right? if so u should pm me and i can help u with this.

Nope mate, just bios doesnt recognize the disk, i bought anoter one and sometimes work, sometimes it doesnt, i probably have to buy another connector

• Thanks 1

On 03/02/2021 at 9:21 PM, Sparrow said:

Hey dude check out this topic will help you lots!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Good advice. As its Vista get a vista essential tweaks guide and turn off all the shite MS put in that OS.

Then get TCPoptimizer and set up networking correctly. if you can change textures to low and stuff you might squeeze 43fps out of it. If not use it as a doorstop and I'll send you my old dual core Mobo and cpu you just need a case.. 😛

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, Barn!e said:

Good advice. As its Vista get a vista essential tweaks guide and turn off all the shite MS put in that OS.

Then get TCPoptimizer and set up networking correctly. if you can change textures to low and stuff you might squeeze 43fps out of it. If not use it as a doorstop and I'll send you my old dual core Mobo and cpu you just need a case.. 😛

i have a case its lime green but it works. maybe we can help out a  buddy ..

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • 100 1

10 hours ago, Barn!e said:

I have Mobo dual core and 4Gb Ram and a HD7970 no case, HDD or PSU. Give me Address I'll ship it.

Thats really kind of you barnie! 👌

• Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 4:35 AM, kYmo said:

Thats really kind of you barnie! 👌

i dont know but i think sparrows not a pc guy. maybe we need to chat get this together and send to him so he just has to turn it on. anyone got a psu they want to donate.

• Like 2

I really thank you guys, are you sure you want me to play with a decent pc? Ehehe I don't have the words to show how really thankful I am, but I wil decline the offer with respect, I will soon get another pc. Once more thank you guys.

• Like 4