New built/bought computer.

nAbish

• Platinum VIP

New cpu I got about a week or so ago, not familiar with building my own or what everything consists of. What do you guys think? Is there anywhere I could improve, if so, where? Spent $1000 just for the computer, worth it?

gaming pc specks.png

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by nAbish
added pictures
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, nAbish said:

New cpu I got about a week or so ago, not familiar with building my own or what everything consists of. What do you guys think? Is there anywhere I could improve, if so, where? Spent $1000 just for the computer, worth it?

gaming pc specks.png

Don't take this the wrong way but.........

I'm glad your happy but i'd be asking for my money back tbh, everything in that list is obsolete, and obsolete by a good few years (3+ years old). So in answer to what you could improve.....well all of it.

$1000 for a Ryzen 7 1700 in a B450 mobo with a crap RX580 graphics card, sorry to say but they saw you coming mate.

• Like 1
  • 100 3

so i seen snuffs post.. not taking wrong way. but if u was to buy all this stuff on newegg brand new right now it woulda cost u 1880 roughly so i say he got a deal .. but im a guess it was all used. so it would make it half the worth of new so 940 woulda been a better price.  ive also been told rosewill psus are junk.. i had one for 11 yrs  worked great ..till it died. im not up on all the new tech stuff. but i have built last 3 pcs i have..and fixed many. i hope  u didnt spend 1k on used pc just for et.  glade to see u happy tho. not tryn a be a douche here.  .

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Newegg are not exactly the cheapest and older parts tend to be expensive because they are obsolete and harder to get......Point in case, My G700s mouse i bought for £90 5 years ago sells for £2-300+ now as they are obsolete and hard to get.  

To give the thread a bit of context I sold some older parts before Xmas for £100....All the parts were used but consisted of a Ryzen 5 2600x in a Gigabyte B450 mobo with 16GB of DDR4 (2x8GB) and an AIO 120 cooler master water cooler.

Look i'm certainly not trying to be an arse either, my wife just said i was for writing what i did but i wont say it was a good buy as IMHO its really not. 

I dare say all the parts are brand new, but new in the sense they never sold and were still boxed etc. 

• Like 1

• RedBaird changed the title to New built/bought computer.
  • Leader
12 hours ago, nAbish said:

New cpu I got

I removed the "cpu" from your title and inserted "computer".  

The CPU is the 'main processor' in your computer.

I didn't want other readers to get confused.  

nAbish, if it meets your needs for a few years, then it is "good enough".  I built this desktop 8 years ago and am still using it.  I cannot play the latest games, like the most recent GTA (unless I add another GPU [graphics card]).  I also didn't realize that the CPU speed was 'locked'! ACK!

Most home computer builders are keen on getting the best bang-for-the-buck and are harsh-minded about the less-than-the-best.  😄  Many are after the Movie Star while most of us are happy with the Girl next door. 

In the years to come, you can self-educate yourself about computer hardware and systems on these and other forums, and build an idea of your next "dream Girl".

2 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

older parts tend to be expensive because they are obsolete and harder to get

That reminds of when I tried to find the x-version of my CPU.  They wanted the same HIGH price as when it was new, a half-decade before!  I went :o !

• Like 2
  • 100 1

@nAbish

I'm sorry if my post comes across like i'm sticking my nose up at your PC, I can see that my post maybe insensitive and probably shot your happy mood down.

For me it was more a "you've paid how much for what" moments and if truth be told i'm more annoyed at the crooks who sold you the parts for not saying "hey instead of getting that 3 year old PC here is a much newer one with the latest components and is better equipped" etc.

FWIW that system should more than be enough for ET etc.

Sorry again.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• Leader
1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

Sorry again.

Not necessary.  I think that most of us have had that experience where we build or buy something and a month later we might see something new to us that makes us say, "Oh, 💩".   It is somewhat similar to buying automobiles.

I bought a 'gaming laptop' a year ago, planning to copy files and programs to it to be "ready to go", if  and when this aging desktop goes kaput.  I have not done a blessed thing yet. 😢  I should start doing a long-term BlueTooth copy, I think. :?: 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP

No hard feelings! The guy I got this from had all the boxes from the components. He had just built it, brand new. He builds and resales these as he makes them. This computer does indeed outperform any computer I've personally ever ran. This def opens my eyes of what to look for in the future. Big hint here too, my brother spent 1k on it for me, said i just had to pay back $750. I'm the only person to run anything on it. Literally brand new nothing shows signs of use/wear/tear. All feedback is much appreciated!

• Like 3

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-6600-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700/3514vs3917

The i5 6600 will be better in the ET. I have a processor for $ 125 and I have 3333Mhz memory for it.

Edited by FILIPE
  • Thanks 1

@nAbish This computer is good for playing. And you will play something strong. This computer is good for you. Not for me, because of the selected components. 😜

Alternatively, you can sell one and buy one.

Edited by FILIPE
  • Like 1

tbh, i Share snuffs opinion, but! 

i also was trying to build my own Pc and order my parts all over the EU online, and was pretty suprised how expensive my build have gotten... 

usually i plan between 1000-2000€ for some of the best price/value parts alltogether,

but the whole hardware prices have raised so tremendously in the last couple of months, i didnt see that coming,...

i ended up on about 2500€ and was pretty surprised how expensive stuffs are, especially grafic cards and boards with cpus.

thats why i am still waiting to order... but the history shows that stuff wont get cheaper in the Future. 😬

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Vice86 said:

tbh, i Share snuffs opinion, but! 

i also was trying to build my own Pc and order my parts all over the EU online, and was pretty suprised how expensive my build have gotten... 

usually i plan between 1000-2000€ for some of the best price/value parts alltogether,

but the whole hardware prices have raised so tremendously in the last couple of months, i didnt see that coming,...

i ended up on about 2500€ and was pretty surprised how expensive stuffs are, especially grafic cards and boards with cpus.

thats why i am still waiting to order... but the history shows that stuff wont get cheaper in the Future. 😬

Things will always get cheaper because something better enters the market for the same price. Coincidence wants that we have pandemics and prices are rising due to inaccessibility. 🤧

Bitcoin's price has risen and they're buying graphics cards for miners. And therefore they are not available.

I assembled my computer at the beginning of the pandemic. I overpaid $ 16 for the 8x2GB 3333Mhz to i5 6600 ram memory. 😒

The price of RTX cards has almost doubled. No availability on the market in Poland, anticipates until June. 😔

Edited by FILIPE
  • 100 1

On 1/25/2021 at 5:20 PM, nAbish said:

No hard feelings! The guy I got this from had all the boxes from the components. He had just built it, brand new. He builds and resales these as he makes them. This computer does indeed outperform any computer I've personally ever ran. This def opens my eyes of what to look for in the future. Big hint here too, my brother spent 1k on it for me, said i just had to pay back $750. I'm the only person to run anything on it. Literally brand new nothing shows signs of use/wear/tear. All feedback is much appreciated!

Nothing at all wrong with buying previous year's equipment to save some bucks. I do it all the time because I hate paying early adopter premiums. PC parts are the most volatile pricing there is - there are literally new CPUs and GPUs every year sometimes multiple times per year. Each release drives the previous model's price down so depending on timing you can get a steal or overpay. Having built my own PCs going back to the 90's, I can say we are very fortunate these days in both technology and simplicity. They have gotten so much easier to build and look so much better!

What's important is getting the most stable, highest performance within your budget. Great job!

9 hours ago, FILIPE said:

Things will always get cheaper because something better enters the market for the same price. Coincidence wants that we have pandemics and prices are rising due to inaccessibility. 🤧

Bitcoin's price has risen and they're buying graphics cards for miners. And therefore they are not available.

I assembled my computer at the beginning of the pandemic. I overpaid $ 16 for the 8x2GB 3333Mhz to i5 6600 ram memory. 😒

The price of RTX cards has almost doubled. No availability on the market in Poland, anticipates until June. 😔

Yes the RTX 2k series is even more ridiculous now than when they came out, but the 3k series is much cheaper if you can find one :)

Edited by Gameplan
  • Like 2