Announcer lag

Question

I asked for help on this at the FA discord server and was told to post about it here. I was adviced to add "+set com_soundmegs 256" to the properties, i did it and it didnt help at all. The lags come from example "objective destoyed" announcemenst but not from killing sprees... Next thing i was told to do was "snd_restart", and again it helped nothing. I guess at the discord they ran out of ideas but i would really hope for a solution becouse i lose 1 v 1s automatically on announcements and it makes me not want to play the game.

Thanks already for anyone trying to help!

Before I got new laptop I used to have announcer lag too. Tried everything, had max values for all the com_megs, nothing helped.  Good thing was the sound only lagged the first time it played. After 2-3 maps in there almost was no lag.

try to check for updates manually one by one if you dont know how to do it you can check online how to maybe that some drive to need to update