THE BEAST

Rebuilding pc soon 

Need some help budget is 800-1000USD 

My current set up 

Graphics card: 4gb 970 msi

Processor: 4300 amd FX 3.90ghz quad core

Motherbored: asus m5a7bl-m

ram ddr3 16gb

I need something that can run et 2020 with out mutithreading problem pretty sure thats why stable fps dont exists on my pc 

• Like 1

OK I'll start by saying I know nothing about ET 2020.  I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I thought I would at least throw some stuff out here for you to look into. I tried to keep it as budget friendly as possible while giving you a nice upgrade all around. The CPU is not the current gen out, but it's still an upgrade to 6 core 12 thread. The Ryzen 3 3300x would be my first option, but I have heard it is impossible to find one. Let me know what you think and depending if you have existing hard drives/ssd's you want to use those can be removed or tweaked.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($137.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($56.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 120 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO GAMING Video Card  ($310.00 @ Walmart)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $884.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-08 00:17 EDT-0400

UPDATE: I just checked youtube and saw that this guy had just released a video on building different pc's at different price budgets. Like I said in another post I like this guy and he gives good advice. The main difference between his builds and mine were he went with the newer CPU vs the one i added, gave you only 500 gb nvme (that is probably assuming you have another hard drive to add into this pc). His $800 pc had a slightly worse graphics card than the one i suggested, but his $1000 pc had a nice 2070 in it.

Here is his build for $800

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($173.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB OC Video Card  ($239.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA BR 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Total: $740.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-08 00:51 EDT-0400

and $1000

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($173.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Video Card  ($419.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA BR 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Total: $920.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-08 00:51 EDT-0400

Edited by Corey
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

Multithreading isn't your problem. I can guarantee you that. That's a nVidia issue.
I can tell you where your issues exist though. AMD's drivers.

And your CPU is in dire need of an upgrade too, so let's change that up.
I'd second Paul's $800 build that Corey linked. As for the 1k build, 2070 is nearing EOL, and I wouldn't recommend that to anyone- especially based on the games you play. But the 1660 is perfect for ET, 1080p streaming, and games you've shown on your YouTube channel.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

if u can possibly help me with my fps issues i wouldnt need to upgrade  :D but new processor an mother bored an ram forsure soon 

On 8/8/2020 at 4:34 AM, Xernicus said:

Multithreading isn't your problem. I can guarantee you that. That's a nVidia issue.

22 hours ago, THE BEAST said:

if u can possibly help me with my fps issues i wouldnt need to upgrade  :D but new processor an mother bored an ram forsure soon

I'm always happy to help! And you're always free to shoot me a PM, or tag me on a topic. This is a tricky one since you made so many changes at once, but...
here's a wonky idea that crossed my mind:
Try renaming your et.exe file to quake3.exe and see if things stabilize out. (Keep in mind that if it works, you'll need to update your shortcuts)

• Like 2
  • 100 1

52 minutes ago, THE BEAST said:

@Xernicus Thank you!!!! Renaming exe file seemed to do a trick no more fps drops. AMD really coded like that?. smh never will go with amd again 

Tbf to AMD the Ryzen CPU's are far superior to the FX ones mate, i previously had the FX6300 but since moving to the Ryzen range (2700x currently) i've not had FPS issues and the CPU's have only got better and better.

• Like 2

lol shat im running a 550 duel core. black edition. lol i have a 9850 but .not really needing it now.lol

i am really happy u finally got ur pc figured out for et.. we did tho tell u this before im sure of it.lol

so i hope ill be seeing u on jay2.. im not around as much as i used to be ..but would enjoy a game or two with u bud!Indiana Pacers Fun GIF by NBA

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

The issues are with AMD graphics cards, not the CPUs. The CPUs are great, but their graphics team burned me after being a loyal customer for several years.
I switched to nVIDIA, and I won't be looking back for a long time. Glad to hear your issue got sorted out!

EDIT: I see you're running an nvidia gpu after double checking, then this issue must be an AMD chipset thing indeed... their extensions are wonky AF.

Edited by Xernicus
  • Like 2

• Platinum VIP
On 8/15/2020 at 10:42 AM, THE BEAST said:

@Xernicus Thank you!!!! Renaming exe file seemed to do a trick no more fps drops. AMD really coded like that?. smh never will go with amd again 

My last build was an AMD. I ran it for some years but always battled heat issues, mostly, as well as the ones detailed in this thread. Even though the Ryzen's look really nice, I'm just fine with Intel and nVidia GPU's.

• Like 1