Windows Heady's New Gaming PC Build :D

HeadhunterZ

Hello all,

thought I would start my first gaming PC Build during this isolation, my intention to keep it budget friendly and still hit my main objective of 60 FPS in most games at Ultra/1080 P settings. I will be updating this thread constantly through out my build as I am curious my self how it will turn out and maybe you will find this build interesting like me.

EDIT #1: April 6th. 2020 

Purchased the following components:

image.thumb.png.9d79b00e5b9a1165d16a503f6d5ace7d.png

Also

3 Pack 120 mm cooling fan for $14.99 - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B072LDYKQ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gaming Keyboard and Mouse for $44.99 - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B016Y2BVKA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

**Still deciding on which GPU to get, there are many options are out there i was looking into either***:

1. AMD RX 580 8GB - Priced at ~$250

2. GTX 1660 6GB ~$289

3. GTX 1660 Super 6GB $330

Will need your options, i am trying to not go above $1100, as this is really my max.

ALL PRICES ARE CAD!

Next Edit will contain all the parts that have arrived along with my decided GPU.

PRICE W/O GPU: $786.80 CAD INCLUDING TAX (12%)

• Like 3

Looks nice and too late but......

CPU:-  A bit pricey given its 2nd gen Ryzen 5 (2000 series) instead of 3rd (3600)....I mean they will probably release the 4th gen Ryzen around Sept time 2020 meaning your CPU will basically be 2 years old sort of thing.

Motherboard:-  I've actually got the same motherboard you've chosen, it is nice but again outdated and would have advised you go for a 500 series (550 for instance).

However if you stick with the one you have currently purchased there is nothing wrong as AMD have already stated they will stick with AM4+ sockets till after 2021, so any newer CPU's released this year and next should be AM4+ and will work fine in the motherboard you have chosen, might need a BIOS update for CPU's not currently released (like the 4000 series Ryzens but thats actually really easy to do on that board, very easy in fact. 

Also the motherboard you have chosen has an M.2 Nvme slot so you could always grab a Nvme SSD later on in life as it would be waaaay quicker than a SATA3 drive, I currently have the EVO 970 plus M.2 Nvme which has a read/write of 3500MB/s compared to the standard 500-550MB/s that SATA3 SSD's can handle...so is a lot quicker, plus the Samsung EVO 970's have a 5 year warranty so no worries about it breaking. :D

GFX card wise:- well tbh depends what you want  to do, i currently have a GTX 970 and does everything i want it to do, if your wanting super dooper gfx on the latest games you might be better off grabbing an RTX 2060 as they have dropped a lot in price due to the imminent release of the next gen cards, BUT i would be happy with the 1660 or 1660 super all day long as it would do me for my needs, could play any current game sort of thing and doesn't break the bank.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

@Snuffs99 

Wow, that is some very helpful information. I will definitely consider that for future! I do realize the CPU is an older model, but for the price grabbed it. I was defenitely looking into the 3600 for sure, and maybe i should of picked the 3600 but oh well its paid and shipped to me now 😕

Well see how the motherboard performs :D

The SSD i snagged was on sale too! as well my friend advised me that Samsung's is good quality SSD cards. The RTX 2060 are still pricey, at least here in Canada they got around $500+ so that's off the list.

I am considering to go with the 1660 Super most likely.

all in all i am not a hard core gamer, just wanted a nice budget friendly build. 

really appreciate you coming here and giving your input man :)

Edited by HeadhunterZ
forgot something
  • Like 2

Hey Heady, that's a pretty similar build to me. I went with that Ryzen 5 as it was like $100 USD off the other day. 

I went with a pretty underpowered gfx card (1650) because I dont play anything except ET. I plan to mess around with Blender and Ableton but with me being such a novice I couldn't justify paying much more than I did for the time being. 

Cant wait to see your build come together!

• Like 1
  • 100 1

8 hours ago, ogeazy said:

Hey Heady, that's a pretty similar build to me. I went with that Ryzen 5 as it was like $100 USD off the other day. 

I went with a pretty underpowered gfx card (1650) because I dont play anything except ET. I plan to mess around with Blender and Ableton but with me being such a novice I couldn't justify paying much more than I did for the time being. 

Cant wait to see your build come together!

Thanks OG!

EDIT #2: Ordered the MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER VENTUS XS OC 6 GB GDDR6 $366.45 CAD (Including Tax).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT #3:

Finally after 6 hours I got the PC built, it took a little longer than expected as my MoBo decided to not have a user manual to be included. Had to watch a whole bunch of videos, and read many reddit topics (thank god for that).

anyway here are the results :)

61DFCDDD-8B46-4B2E-AD57-FFA999436E56.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 100 1

On 4/27/2020 at 4:49 AM, HeadhunterZ said:

EDIT #3:

Finally after 6 hours I got the PC built, it took a little longer than expected as my MoBo decided to not have a user manual to be included.

Errrr, you could have just downloaded the manual from gigabyte mate.  :) 

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-manual

Looking good though. 

Edited by Snuffs99
  • 100 1

• Administrators

That's mine ... I need some liquid cooler but don't have budget for it, now! :)  @Mufasa helped me on this one! 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Surprise 1