ET NQ #1 Voting system Vs. Regular map cycle

Siwex89

Voting system Vs. Regular map cycle  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do You prefer?

• Voting system (leave it as it,I prefer to suggest new maps in suggestion topic)
    • Map rotation (I'm sick of all that old maps, I want new maps every week! )

Discussions about this matter has been everywhere lately.

Many members and regulars are complaining that we are playing same maps over and over again.

So let's see what players really think about this.
As you can see this topic contains poll and here are some rules: 
- if you are not a regular on NQ1 server ,please DON'T vote, votes from random peeps will  distort the poll.
-when you are not sure and you have mixed feelings, you don't need to vote, but this is the best place to share that feelings, so don't be shy and share your thoughts.

IMO map cycle is worth of trying, I'm sick of all the same maps, sometimes I'm so bored of oasis/goldrush that I'm playing with my eyes almost closed and slowly turning into middle aged asian dude.

That would be all,
thank you.😝

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I would love to try a map rotation, even if it's just for one week.
The boredom of playing a limited number of maps over and over again would be reduced by having more maps which are played.

I find myself a lot in spec lately just because we always play the same 5-6 maps and I lose interest because of it

• Like 2
  • 100 1

I think we have a third option maybe (I am not sure how much work this would be but..): The entire number of maps available in the rotation should change, say, every week and it will come back every month or so. (although some maps that people like will be gone for a while, which may affect people playing in the server too)

Isn't it also possible to adapt settings for the rotation? E.g. maps do not come back for voting for say 5, 10, 15 played maps.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

I hope you don't hate me for saying this, but I love Goldrush and Oasis :D I always vote for them, but I don't mind trying out map rotation just for the sake of it. So I vote for map rotation.

16 minutes ago, amovos said:

Isn't it also possible to adapt settings for the rotation? E.g. maps do not come back for voting for say 5, 10, 15 played maps.

That is also a good idea. This might mean that I don't get to play my favorites that much, but it might make the server more popular overall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amovos said:

Yes, that's possible , I don't know what value we have on server, but IMO 5 should be minimum

cvar

g_minMapAge

• Administrators
3 hours ago, amovos said:

I think we have a third option maybe (I am not sure how much work this would be but..): The entire number of maps available in the rotation should change, say, every week and it will come back every month or so. (although some maps that people like will be gone for a while, which may affect people playing in the server too)

This one we are working on. 

Feel free to suggest maps of your choice. 

My Goal is to create 5 rotations - 5 weeks in some month and based on that - we change rotation on Sunday night! @Old Owl is working on 26 maps for each week. So 5 weeks and based on feedback we can always swap maps. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Old Owl said:

The idea is old and already accepted.

more like flashback from the past

before NQ 1.2.3 -> 1.2.9 update there was rotation on NQ1

this is a big change so me, @Smultronstallet , @BLAAT decided to create this poll to see what all other players think.

You clearly love this idea (me too), but we need to know what other players think. I'm sure that this can attract new players to stay on nq1 but also we need to keep in mind that long time regulars might not like this and leave.

• Like 3
  • 100 1

Thanks Dare for pointing it out. The first map pool was completed "on the fly" because I need to start for good, as it's all new here, for me and probably for you as well.

I would like to say that for me "rotation" means g_gametype 2 (objective) and not g_gametype 6 (map voting).

Actually I am providing a list of map pool, but since now, I have to keep in consideration the overall preferences expressed in the DareDevil topic mentioned above.

It would be nice to give a try for the maps rotation (gametype 2), for that I say thanks for the recent poll about this matter, created by Siwex. I hope to see a good amount of preferences for rotate mode. 🙂

Edit: Just to explain what I said before: "already accepted", probably I misunderstood DD words, when he say "rotation", for me is the rotation mode (as explained in green) :D so I thought it was already accepted. But I agree on the fact that it's nice to see what the others think.

Edited by Old Owl
A better explain
  • Like 2

@Old Owl

correct :) 

we didn't have such big changes in years, so IMO it's better not to rush and talk this through.

Some old regulars might see new maps that they never seen before and get a heart attack (could be me) :D

And also its possible that 5/6 favourite maps that  we are playing, won't be visible on map list for days, so that might be a shock.

Let's wait it out a bit and see what other players think.

I edited some explanation in poll choices to make it more clear, thx Owl :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Old Owl said:

The idea is old and already accepted.

In case you have doubts about the rotation that should give a boost to our NQ1, can you please comment for any changes?

Thanks

Owl made great job with rotation so now its our turn to make it happen as regular players to test it.  Im allways all in for Rotation cycle :), Some players will like it because they are tired of playing all time the same maps,some players will don't like it because they want to play few maps only . We atleast could try it for 1 or 2 weeks and see what happen then decide. Most of this maps which is posted by Old-Owl in nq1 map suggestion topic is great maps, without crashing errors and playable.

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Almondo said:

...not every week , lets be serious, Siw!  :)   ...voting should be disabled imo.   Good map rotation is the best idea. 

Voting is here to stay and not going away. Let players decide what they want to play. On jaymod every day someone is requesting for map voting.. i guess people always like what they don't have hehe 

• Like 3
  • 100 1

From my view, during the afternoon a variety of maps get played.  Between 6PM to 11PM (server time) there are a lot of repeated maps.   I personally get bored some nights, playing the same maps over and over.  Sometimes to the point that I just stop playing.  

And maybe it's just me, the same maps played over and over has made everyone an expert at defense.   It just feels like the attacking team gets crushed more often by defense.   When it's a lesser played map, players are still looking for new spots and vantage points.  I love finding a new spot in a map, redundant maps have nothing new to learn giving the advantage to the rambos.  I am mediocre player after 16 years of ET and constantly getting owned by defense makes the game less enjoyable to me.  

Forced rotation can be a pain from an administrative standpoint, it requires someone to constantly change the rotation.  If you have the manpower, I encourage a weekly rotation.  Best one I ever played had axis/allies attacking/defending every other map.   Hard to do as most maps are Allie attacking centric.

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Blunt said:

And maybe it's just me, the same maps played over and over has made everyone an expert at defense.

That will change soon because 1 week - we will put in brand new maps to pick from!  Like Out of 26 - may be 20 new maps :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2