[FIXED - READ FIRST POST] TXT ERROR/CRASH

4estw1zzard
Go to solution Solved by rambozo37,

10 minutes ago, AnG3L said:

I deleted the map of game day and all is fine now for me......

I can remove the map from NQ1 for the time being until its resolved so new comers dont download it and have the same issue. Is that ok?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CheepHeep said:

I can remove the map from NQ1 for the time being until its resolved so new comers dont download it and have the same issue. Is that ok?

Go for it but if you could replace it with another baserace for the time being i'd be greatful.

I'm probably one of a few who actually like baserace as for me it allows me to play my own game and not really care what my team is doing...i like it as aiming practice sort of map. lol

I'll remove the pk3 from my etmain and see if i still have problems on other NQ servers because as i say i have no issues on FA NQ1 at all.

**EDIT I have now removed fa_baserace_v1.pk3 from my etmain folder and can confirm i no longer have crashes from other NQ servers i play.

Just to be sure i connected to an NQ server i get crashes from before i removed fa_baserace_v1 and my game crashed straight away when pressing T, i then removed the pk3 and connected again and no more crashes.

@rambozo37

Well done that man/woman, i've spent weeks trying to figure why my game was crashing with no luck so am really pleased someone figured it out. Thank you and really appreciate the find.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2020 at 4:00 PM, Johnwick said:

Okay i have same problem and for me /vid_restart didnt help,only if the map is over ,loaded new map then i can start type again.Made some videos also 

Second video shows your guid at 0:12 🧐

I did what I read above :

- do /vid_restart at each map : 9/20

- bind /vid_restart and using it at each map : 11/20

- removed once forever fa_baserace_v1.pk3 from etmain folder : 20/20

Thank you all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
4 hours ago, 0siE. said:

Second video shows your guid at 0:12 🧐

@Johnwick I will remove that video from your post on this F|A forum.  Only you can remove that video from YouTube!  Some 'muckers' are said to be able to use your GUID against you on various servers. :( 

📣 Thanks at Osie.

• Like 2

I started lately  to get my game crashes as soon as i press either T, Y or esc.I play on silent1 the most so idk if it would happen to my game  in the others FA servers.From what I remember my game worked fine until a week ago  or two...lately it's hard for me to stay connected for so long because of so many crashes ...I thought it was just me.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cata0709 said:

I started lately  to get my game crashes as soon as i press either T, Y or esc.I play on silent1 the most so idk if it would happen to my game  in the others FA servers.From what I remember my game worked fine until a week ago  or two...lately it's hard for me to stay connected for so long because of so many crashes ...I thought it was just me.

The solution is posted above. Remove the fa_baserace_v1.pk3 from your etmain folder. Should do the trick. ;) 

• Like 3

• Leader
2 minutes ago, Cata0709 said:

is it ok now?

did you delete in your etmain folder fa_baserace_v1.pk3?

edit* Cheep is to fast :P

Edited by rambozo37
  • Haha 1
  • Surprise 1

4 hours ago, rambozo37 said:

is it ok now?

did you delete in your etmain folder fa_baserace_v1.pk3?

edit* Cheep is to fast :P

I will do now and will let you know how it works. Thanks in advance ;)

• Like 1

• Leader

We will definitely keep this topic OPEN for a while!

I have heard plays & admins having the same complaint on the servers long after Rambozo posted the fix here.

I have been giving them this topic address or telling them to search these forums for " TXT ERROR/ CRASH " to find an answer.  Actually " error/crash " should work, too.  I will go test it now. :D  NOOO, "error/crash" finds over 5,000 results, although this topic is at the top of the list...

ACK, they would have to put quotes around the search term, like this, "TXT ERROR/ CRASH", to find this topic properly.  Right now, that term only finds this topic and my words in this post.   I am going to remove the space between the / and the C to make their searches easier, for "TXT ERROR/CRASH".

I added some 'tags', but don't know how useful they will be.

Edited by RedBaird
failed idea#1, #2, hope for #3

• RedBaird changed the title to TXT ERROR/CRASH
  • Leader

Last few days Many (players and/or admins) asked about this txt crash and never looked here or didn't find what they searched for. Maybe we should find a better way to inform the players

• Leader
2 hours ago, rambozo37 said:

Last few days Many (players and/or admins) asked about this txt crash and never looked here or didn't find what they searched for. Maybe we should find a better way to inform the players

Some of us admins could make scripts/binds to inform them, once a map.

On the minus side of that, they might get the impression that F|A is "flaky"!  :D (but truthful.)

We could just say 'remove that file from your etmain', instead of directing them here...

"Remove corrupted "file-name" from your etmain, which has been causing problems for some players".   Only show it once a map, or just @ beginnings & near ends of maps?

I say "some players" because I never seemed to have a problem.  BUT, I may have a "too large " sound megs setting???

ADDED:  Rambozo gave a download-link for that map, and I can do tests with it later. I had deleted it, instead of my usual "save it somewhere else".

Edited by RedBaird
  • 100 1

Just a question :

why no vote to make real answer up and help next guy who gets that prob ?

I already voted.

Your turn.

Yay !

Edited by 0siE.
CAUSE IT DONE
  • Like 1

• CheepHeep changed the title to [FIXED - READ FIRST POST] TXT ERROR/CRASH