ET 2 Update

ScoOfi

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, valkk said:

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but what is this big update? I didn't quite catch it.

ET2. There is another thread with details of a group putting together a new version of ET. It’s quite nice, actually

8 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

ET2. There is another thread with details of a group putting together a new version of ET. It’s quite nice, actually

Yes I've seen it, but I was on about the update that was released yesterday. Didn't understand the big ordeal of it.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
9 hours ago, valkk said:

Yes I've seen it, but I was on about the update that was released yesterday. Didn't understand the big ordeal of it.

The biggest thing I got is that they've successfully been able to connect on a multiplayer platform. 

• 100 1

2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

The biggest thing I got is that they've successfully been able to connect on a multiplayer platform. 

Yep that is pretty much what i got from that "update" too. Can connect to one another but other than that.......its going to be another 16 years before its finished. :D

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

Yep that is pretty much what i got from that "update" too. Can connect to one another but other than that.......its going to be another 16 years before its finished. :D

God I hope not! Although from the graphics, it might take technology form 16 years in the future to run it stable lol

24 minutes ago, valkk said:

I personally don't know why now, why not use the funds to do stuff within the current ET.

Because the source code is closed source, so there's not really much that anyone can do

• Like 1

Just now, -=HipKat=- said:

Because the source code is closed source, so there's not really much that anyone can do

Real shame. 

Although its great that ET is being worked on, im just worried a little that the current playerbase ET has will be split up.

• Platinum VIP
Just now, CheepHeep said:

Real shame. 

Although its great that ET is being worked on, im just worried a little that the current playerbase ET has will be split up.

Oh, I think it'll kill the current base after it becomes stable and people are secure playing it to the point that RTCW is today

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Oh, I think it'll kill the current base after it becomes stable and people are secure playing it to the point that RTCW is today

Time to protest. #ETLIVESMATTER

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mufasa said:

Indeed, the source for ET has been open since 2004.

If this pans out, it will be a win for all. The current game engine is past it's limits, and runs poorly on even the best of the most recent hardware- despite what your FPS count might show.
The connectivity to multiplayer platforms is actually a huge win-- it means new networking engine is 100% backwards compatible with the Quake backend.