Mess in my console possibly cheat idk dont ban me I love you

GwS BadBoy
Go to solution Solved by Aniky,

Hey. There's a mess in my console (check the picture). When I move the mouse then it appears like million of times.
Can somebody please explain what that is?
It's part of a config that one player made for me.
Is that allowed? Is that considered a cheat?
The player told me it was something to just 'correct the mini-moves or my mouse' or sth like that. Thx for the answer

Your Gw$Badboy, Reznik, Grinch... The official FA troll

DSC_0040.JPG

no idea what this is exactlly but i guess if you dont have a ban message it should be oke, and you always can remove the cfg. I will show the topic link to dare he probably knows what this is

1 hour ago, GwS BabBoy said:

Hey. There's a mess in my console (check the picture). When I move the mouse then it appears like million of times.
Can somebody please explain what that is?
Is that allowed? Is that considered a cheat?
The player told me it was something to just 'correct the mini-moves or my mouse' or sth like that. Thx for the answer

Your Gw$Badboy, Reznik, Grinch... The official FA troll

DSC_0040.JPG

I don't know what it meas also, but in my opinion if it's used to 'correct the mini-moves or your mouse' so that it gives you an advantage about others players, should be evaluated more cautiously :) 

• Like 1

• Leader
5 hours ago, GwS BabBoy said:

Can you PM me a copy of that file?

6 hours ago, GwS BabBoy said:

my nick is wrong xD BabBoy

I can change it to "GwS BadBoy" if you wish.  I am very sympathetic to anyone self-victimized by their own typos.  :D  Otherwise, you can change it yourself after a certain number of months.  

12 hours ago, RedBaird said:

Can you PM me a copy of that file?

I can change it to "GwS BadBoy" if you wish.  I am very sympathetic to anyone self-victimized by their own typos.  :D  Otherwise, you can change it yourself after a certain number of months.  

Cool im gonna send that file to u. To the nick, I think its been a number of months by now but i dont rly know how to do that :D would you do it please? Thx

• Solution

Can u just post the config here, didnt really see stuffs like that yet, so wonder what cmd actually does that.

Nvm, reminded its for showing ratio between mouse movement and sensitivity.

cl_showmouserate ETMain Client Spams console with with how fast you move the mouse in ratio to sensitivity setting.

Useless stuffs to have it enabled so just write in console /cl_showmouserate 0

First part show's the movement u have done and second part shows the sensitivity u have.

Edited by Aniky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Leader

@GwS BadBoy , @Aniky was Very Right.  :D  Shown below is part of your config file:

The "seta in_mouse "1" "    // Toggles support for mouse (according to antman's site and is in the default cfg from installation)

I will just copy your // Mouseettings to here and add the antman //comments  (mine in //green)

// does anybody know why the first 5 cvars might be anything other than 0 or 1 ?  

seta in_Mouse                "1"            // Toggles support for mouse
seta cl_showmouserate  "1"            // Toggles smooth mouse                              // "0" is what you want here

seta cl_freelook               "2"           // Toggles mouse to Look Around                 // 0 or 1 ... perhaps it is only tested for 0                   

seta cl_mouseAccel         "0"           // Toggles mouse acceleration
seta m_filter                     "3"           // Toggles smooth mouse                              //  0 or 1 ... searching for 2,3 found nothing                                                                                                                                                                   // bitwise, a 3 might be detected as a 1                 

seta m_yaw                     "0.0165"   // Sets horizontal speed of mouse when in freelook
seta m_pitch                   "0.015"     // Sets vertical speed of mouse when in freelo

an Antman.info explanatory config source-link

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory CVAR List (on the F|A Home Page, along with other useful links :D )

@GwS BadBoy  I was just about post when I had a BSOD.  Luckily, the forums did find my almost-finished post... :D

Edited by RedBaird
fix alignment...but failed at different resolution :(

• Leader

/Moved to "ET Support", from "Home > General Section > General Discussion > The Lounge"

... so that I could mark Aniky's post as "Best Answer" :D  Good Job, @Aniky , getting the answer without seeing his file. (I think).

... and because this forum is the place for such questions. 

4 hours ago, RedBaird said:

@GwS BadBoy , @Aniky was Very Right.  :D  Shown below is part of your config file:

The "seta in_mouse "1" "    // Toggles support for mouse (according to antman's site and is in the default cfg from installation)

I will just copy your // Mouseettings to here and add the antman //comments  (mine in //green)

// does anybody know why the first 5 cvars might be anything other than 0 or 1 ?  

seta in_Mouse                "1"            // Toggles support for mouse
seta cl_showmouserate  "1"            // Toggles smooth mouse                              // "0" is what you want here

seta cl_freelook               "2"           // Toggles mouse to Look Around                 // 0 or 1 ... perhaps it is only tested for 0                   

seta cl_mouseAccel         "0"           // Toggles mouse acceleration
seta m_filter                     "3"           // Toggles smooth mouse                              //  0 or 1 ... searching for 2,3 found nothing                                                                                                                                                                   // bitwise, a 3 might be detected as a 1                 

seta m_yaw                     "0.0165"   // Sets horizontal speed of mouse when in freelook
seta m_pitch                   "0.015"     // Sets vertical speed of mouse when in freelo

an Antman.info explanatory config source-link

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory CVAR List (on the F|A Home Page, along with other useful links :D )

@GwS BadBoy  I was just about post when I had a BSOD.  Luckily, the forums did find my almost-finished post... :D

The answer to your question about other values than the specific one is that whoever set up his config is rather clueless when it comes to whats useful and useless in terms of setting up a cfg and therefore my guess would be he just copied it from someone else without actually possessing the knowledge to know what each CMD does.

At past i used to know nearly each cmd what it does what, but its been ages since i have been dealing with any cfg questions so some knowledge gets a bit rusty.