headset

krAzy :)

im going to buy a new headset and i need some help choosing the right one...

usb or normal one---> what are the differences?

behind neck or over head---> which has more comfort?

big ones or normal size?---> big ones have probably better quality (u dont hear 'outside' rumors)...but if weather gets warmer it can be disturbing....

HELP

thx

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I prefer standard so I can do this. I use a over the ear benind the head type(similar to the one in Alexandra'a post and wear it upside down on my neck like I do my torc so that the mic sticks up near my mouth. Then only plug in the mic cord and just use my speakers for sound. Now that I think of it based on that I may not be the best person to ask :)

If you are wondering this is a torc and that is not me.

post-3783-029465200 1282160395_thumb.jpg

Edited by AntiThought

If you buy headset with normal microphone and stereo jacks you could get an external usb sound card. It looks like a small usb flash drive with sockets for mic and stereo jacks and when paired with a normal headset it behaves like an usb headset. You can find them for few dollars on those online miscellaneous shops. It's cheap compared to usb headsets, though I'm not sure about quality.

I have that one, I would recommend it. Has good sound quality, and block's out MOST outside noise's, and I live in Arizona, and it gets hot but doesn't make it nasty to wear during the summer.

im going to buy a new headset and i need some help choosing the right one...

usb or normal one---> what are the differences?

behind neck or over head---> which has more comfort?

big ones or normal size?---> big ones have probably better quality (u dont hear 'outside' rumors)...but if weather gets warmer it can be disturbing....

HELP

thx

hires_Fatal1ty2.jpg

I got these Creative labs Fatal1ty headset because they were cheap lol. It was on a super sale and costed me around $24.99

They are normal microphone/stereo jack, and average size. It has a on/off switch and volume control like most headsets (nothing special). Also the microphone jack is removable, if you want to use it as a headphone.

If there is one advantage about this headphone, it has to do with the material they used. When it is 32 C and I put this headset on, my ears don't get that hot. I don't know exactly the material they use for it but I like it (in the past i had lots of logitech headphones and they always made my ears sweat)

Also I know someone who has a Razer Piranha and it seems pretty damn good http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169419100/categoryId.35209700 . I was going to get one but then i got the Fatal1ty instead because I was low on $$$$

hires_Fatal1ty2.jpg

I got these Creative labs Fatal1ty headset because they were cheap lol. It was on a super sale and costed me around $24.99

They are normal microphone/stereo jack, and average size. It has a on/off switch and volume control like most headsets (nothing special). Also the microphone jack is removable, if you want to use it as a headphone.

If there is one advantage about this headphone, it has to do with the material they used. When it is 32 C and I put this headset on, my ears don't get that hot. I don't know exactly the material they use for it but I like it (in the past i had lots of logitech headphones and they always made my ears sweat)

Also I know someone who has a Razer Piranha and it seems pretty damn good http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169419100/categoryId.35209700 . I was going to get one but then i got the Fatal1ty instead because I was low on $$$$

Onion, your totally jacking my style man. Seriously though, I bought them for the same reason. Cheap, good material and good sound quality.

Onion, your totally jacking my style man. Seriously though, I bought them for the same reason. Cheap, good material and good sound quality.

Ya it was a surprisingly good headset =P (i thought it might be some junk, but it really blew everything out of the water). Sorry I stole your style muahhaha. Try to get it back now ! XD

i use speakers so dunno much about headsets , altought when played etpro i had this behind neck one, and it was pretty shi.t , it pulls ur ears down with time lol. so my tip would be to buy one with thingy over the head, buy some steelseries ...heard they very good.

i use speakers so dunno much about headsets , altought when played etpro i had this behind neck one, and it was pretty shi.t , it pulls ur ears down with time lol. so my tip would be to buy one with thingy over the head, buy some steelseries ...heard they very good.

What he said. Steelseries = win. Logitech i guess isn't too bad, but it seems like its falling apart or at least being outdone by razer and every logitech headset i've had hasnt lasted me very long at all. Most really good headsets are huge(http://www.crossfire.nu/images/users/225_n1265346608_7517.jpg)

Edited by Razz

I use headphones and stand alone mic. Imo better solution, cuz there is no good headset 2 do something else then playing. Most of them suck when U play music on them. So if U wanna multitask headphones buy Sennheiser HD 555 :)

Rich boys gtfo with these prices lol. Get yourself some random headphones, just make sure they are not to heavy because i don't like mine just cuz of weight. It's like having another extra head when i have them on.