headset

krAzy :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I fully agree with Husa. You only need to clearly hear the voice and that's it. No need for any fancy&expencive stuff

Are you talking about ET or TS/Vent/some other chat program? In ET, it's definitely benefical to hear more than just voices. Being able to hear footsteps, hitsounds, enemy fire, etc. greatly contributes to your playing ability. Why pay $20-$30 for a crappy headset, when you can pay $50 for a nice one? It's like buying a ball mouse instead of a laser one, simply because the ball mouse is less expensive. Get a good headset.. you might have to spend a little money, but it will be worth it.

I recently got myself a $40 Logitech headset. It works really damn well. I dont recommend spending a hell load of cash on a real good headset if you arent gonna play comp ET or comp in any other game

Due to my history with headsets, I refuse to get anything more than 20$. Why?

Each one meets their demise quickly, after every time I get out of my chair and hooking my leg in the cord, sending them flying across the room with a high chance of me LANDING on them. I could twist tie what cord I don't need of course, but habit and a need for flexibility quickly ruins that smart idea.

Edited by ZetaG

I don't have a mic, but if you are going to get just the headphones, I would recommend the Beyerdynamic DTX 800.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-DTX-800-Headphone-Design/dp/B000F2BLQK

My uncle bought them for me as a present about 4 years ago, and they are still amazing. On the lowest setting on my laptops volume, footsteps are amazingly clear, they are comfortable, and they have like a 1.5m cord, so you won't have them flying with your foot. The only drawback is the sound bleed. About half of the sound put out goes outside the headphones, but other than that, they are brilliant.

I have a $30 Logitech headset. The sound quality is great and its lasted 2 years with no major issues. Its not to clunky so it should be fine for hot weather although masybe you shpuld buy an air conditioner as well :lol:

Rich boys gtfo with these prices lol. Get yourself some random headphones, just make sure they are not to heavy because i don't like mine just cuz of weight. It's like having another extra head when i have them on.

+1

i dont want to buy an expensive headset...

when i buy stuff i always try to get into 'middle-class', because price/performance proportion is always better....

cheap stuff break easily----expensive stuff is not always better than other (cheaper) devices, you actually just pay more for nothing

+1

i dont want to buy an expensive headset...

when i buy stuff i always try to get into 'middle-class', because price/performance proportion is always better....

cheap stuff break easily----expensive stuff is not always better than other (cheaper) devices, you actually just pay more for nothing

I'm not completely agree with this, if you're someone who likes listening to music with good sound quality and in the game to hear the footsteps of who is on your right, left, behind or in front, with mediocre headphones u will not get, but with good ones quality is assured. I had before mediocre headphones that caused me a headache, now i have cyber snipa sonar 5.1 headset, they r really good :wub:

I have that one, I would recommend it. Has good sound quality, and block's out MOST outside noise's, and I live in Arizona, and it gets hot but doesn't make it nasty to wear during the summer.

For price best headset out there imo.

mines

http://www.hexcs.com/hp-premium-stereo-headset/

19.99 at walmart.

sounds good, no static. cheap, comfortable.

sometimes cheap is good.

i also saw this ones....

how are they in the summer when it gets hot? still comfortable?

coz here in italy temperature can go up to 40° (and above)

i also saw this ones....

how are they in the summer when it gets hot? still comfortable?

coz here in italy temperature can go up to 40° (and above)

well its pretty hot here too. but it doesnt get too hot

its pretty comfortable unless you wear it for 5 hours(which i have done)