Enemy Territory - Busted private cheat users

daredevil

• Administrators

Are 51 and 52 recent? I've seen both those alias's on silent or hardcore in the past day or two.

Yes. Both of them are banned.

RaZiel seems to still be around.  Could just be a popular name these days too :>

Edited by Haruhi Suzumiya

• Administrators

RaZiel seems to still be around.  Could just be a popular name these days too :>

Could be another one or same. We have pretty much banned up lot's of proxies but it's really impossible to ban all. It's cat and mouse game but we have more then 80 proxy servers banned and each 80 are subnet bans. 

Ex - 173.208.*.*

You play from any proxy from that subnet auto ban applied. Normal players wouldn't use proxy so no banned valid and good players. Plus we monitor logs to see if any valid player is connecting from those IP's and those IP's are still owned by Proxy servers and not re-assigned to public pool or someone else. 

I will check logs. Jay1? 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Playing through a proxy kills your ping on most cases. Not worth the effort, I'd say

• Like 1

• Administrators

Playing through a proxy kills your ping on most cases. Not worth the effort, I'd say

Good proxies, no. This cheaters pay premium price for everything and then they loose their passwords cos lot's of cheats have virus, trojans or anything inbuild. As saying goes - You rip what you saw. 

If they pay same price to cancer NGO's then they would really help in saving kids life who can't afford the treatment.

• Like 2

Hi.

I found the post after it was posted on another clans forum and wish to say the following.

Before you say anything please read it all through.

I'm a long time player since 2003, been also server owner, admin for a very long time, ET is my favorite game and one of the only ones I play.

I don't think this is true that a person who uses a proxy/vpn is always a cheater. This is often a must against a ton of problems.

I'm talking here from my experience - I play since 2003 and I use a vpn every day I play that means also on your server (started using them around 8-10 years ago? sorry cant remember exactly)

There are people out there, admins, members who for example !finger or /rcon #### status the IP addresses and then do rather unpleasent

things with them. I remember heavy ddosing via booters and even people getting "hacked" somehow via the IP. For a person concerned about the online safety, it is a must to do so.

I never connect anywhere online without such services, never - After I discovered and started using 8-10 been using ever since. I want heavy encrypted traffic to ensure my safety, all programs firewalled to allow only vpn traffic and so on...

Also the ping does not go worse by any means. In fact it often is better than my real connection. I know that cause I've been customer of all kind of providers for a long time.

Instead of bothering with the ip problem, you should enforce the bans via similar systems like the silent mod, a bit stronger bans that keep the average Joe like cheaters away.

We all know that the experienced ones can always get back, but it keeps most of them away. By attacking people who use such services you are not solving the problem at all.

Most of the people have access to more than 1 ip range. A dedicated person looking for a way back to game could simply get a different ISP and still be back under a new identity.

I don't defend the cheaters but the people who take online safety very seriously and have a need to use such services.

So here are tons of reasons why I have believe so :

You don't want to go on skype and have your newly added friends have your IP and suddenly one day find them DDOSing you or something else happen.

Teamspeak, all kind of public places. Hell there are threats like that everywhere.

It's always better to be safe than sorry.

The list goes on... but it would be way too much to post here right now.

If I was to connect without these services I'd feel completely NAKED and that's not something I'd want to do.

So then the question would be .. into what kind of problems a person like this could run :

Yes I've had before problems with same IP's for example being banned somewhere but rarely (I believe happened only once?). Cause there are hundreds.. and hundreds of providers with IP's changing all the time and ET is not so big game anyway, there are not that many cheaters.

Most of them that you encounter nowadays use humanized aim, not even wallhack, cause wallhack seems to be the easiest to bust - similar detection to pb_screenshots and silent mod anticheat wh detect?

I've seen on silent mod how people turn their humanized aim very high and they leave absolutely no trace to server. It doesn't even flag them as cheaters. I think in the end you can't catch them all anyway, or pokemon - gotta catch them all?

(Sources - My own experince, time spent on gaming and administering servers, and a lot of various friends across all the fields of life)

Thanks for reading :P

Edited by FrMoloch
  • Like 1

IMO, nobody needs VPNs all the time, especially to the extend you believe. You use VPN at work when certain domains and IPs are to be whitelisted? You will get in big trouble...
FYI, we run private anticheat on our servers, as you can tell by this topic. It is more advanced than Silent AC, and subnet bans are only the start.

Only reason to "fear" our Fearless Autoban is if you cheat. So play like any normal player, and you will be fine :) Nobody here will harass you with your IP. It is illegal anyways, and none of our members are looking to get into trouble, especially not on behalf of the clan.

• Like 1

Hi. I personally always use them though. My experience from the past says that you never know where or what could be coming next, especially in online games.
I play as a normal player, I don't break rules at all, always follow them, don't even use public chat :P only focusing on gameplay.
I have no problem with any of the autobans ( I don't use cheats) just trying to explain you why I personally use proxy services and why some people do.
You have a wonderful community, servers,  but after i saw the post, simply felt like posting a few of my words.

Edited by FrMoloch

Let's be clear.. We have no problem with any proxy in particular.. Only with the use than some of them make of it on our servers. Unfortunately for clean and fair people, there's no other choice than ban its whole use.

• Like 1