W:ET GUID Submission not needed anymore

daredevil

• Administrators

All the current GUID in your profile are removed and will not be available to public anymore. The field in itself is removed and not visible to anyone except staff. It will be removed from staff view also after 2 weeks.

Maybe its better when admins are taking it slow who knows what happens in a few weeks between activision and EB :). And i guess as higher admins only will have visibility there wont be abuse ?

• Administrators

It's all corporate BS... They are going to support Wolfenstein but can't swap to ET? Mean who the f*** plays Wolfenstein ..... It's all about Brink & failure to fix things on PB side.. More or less VAC is mostly free which doesn't do shit lol

So...how will we know if the applicant is a cheater or not now?

I guess there really isn't a way to do a background check, but I guess right now our only option would be to monitor the applicant while they play. Have an admin or whoever is on spec them for a period of time to check whether or not they are clean. It would be tedious work to do it for the large amount of applicants FA gets, but its worth it in the end to filter out all the non clean players.

I suggest that it becomes protocol to ask someone to send you a pm on the forum before you set their level on a server.

But then I'll have to log off and open F|A to send the pm, then come back on, and repeat...

Can't we have a challenge-response system in pm in-game? The challenge word gets changed every week/month, and the response word differs from member to member?

But then I'll have to log off and open F|A to send the pm, then come back on, and repeat...

Can't we have a challenge-response system in pm in-game? The challenge word gets changed every week/month, and the response word differs from member to member?

Good point. Personally I think there should be a hidden field in everyones profiles (visible to colead+ or w/e) like a passcode/password they choose for when they get asked to confirm their identity before a !setlevel. Easy, and just as quick as checking the forum GUID..

• Like 3

• Administrators

We already have a tracker where you can report which server you need levels on. As for people applying that are/were cheaters we already have a system of verifying who is who.

Alt+Z will minimize ET if you have it so you can go to forum, tracker, etc.

Yes but when I come on again, my mouse goes all strange and I can only rotate to 6 specific points around me.

Run ET through Steam so you have the Steam browser, aw yeah! :D

Xfire browser lags (mouse) for some reason :S

• Administrators

If you loose GUID, I am not giving you admin either because once you loose GUID you will not get one and if I do !setlevel on your generic GUID everyone will get admin level for free .. lol no shit .. i am not giving admin level to any users who don't have GUID. LOL

If you loose GUID, I am not giving you admin either because once you loose GUID you will not get one and if I do !setlevel on your generic GUID everyone will get admin level for free .. lol no shit .. i am not giving admin level to any users who don't have GUID. LOL

Euhm, how can we lose it? What do we have to do/needs to happen to lose it?

So I can make sure I never end up losing it :P