fa_italy CP

Smileyyy

Ok folks. So before I release the italy remake I'd like to ask opinions on the new CP position. When spawning in CP u almost always take fall damage, so I switched up the position of the CP and the spawns connected to it. With that I also replaced the cabinets. When I got enough feedback, release will arrive soon! :) 

Thank you in advance, if u want to test on testserver just shoot me a PM.

2018-06-05-161546-fa_italy_b1.jpg

2018-06-05-161542-fa_italy_b1.jpg

• Like 2

Yes that cp spawn is badly designed and made even worse in uje version.

The cp placement is great i think.

Isnt that too small of an area for spawning?

The problem i find  with that spawn placement is,what if you want to go to this area after respawning as allies on cp spawn.

This way if many people take that route,only one at a time can climb that ladder to get there.

I like to go that route in original italy,jump as soon as i respawn (no hp lost as you spawn close to the edge) and start shooting axis fast,with the spawn down it would take longer to get into fighting,and you would have to avoid taking the ladder because people will block and have to take another route.

It also gives you a disadvantage if an axis is camping on the opposite end they will easily kill you by the time you finish climbing and get proper balance to shoot.

Another good thing,this will introduce more fighting in the tunnels leading to that cp.

Googling for a picture of italy this came up:

link

Would you be able to do something like this?

It would solve the issue with the ladder i mentioned

Edited by Cumquat
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cumquat said:

Oh haha that changes everything.

I assume that box is gonna get removed right?

Uhm no box is still there, but I moved the ladder going up the bridge to the side so box doesn't block you.

10 hours ago, MosesIsComingLookBusy said:

looks great, but you can just jumpo from CP to the small house roof with pipe to prevent fall damage in the UJE version.

Also if you fall on to the railings on the side, you don't receive any fall damage. Another way is to jump onto the ladder in front that leads to the roof of the building opposite. There are plenty of ways to avoid fall damage. Even if you do, dont believe from 110-156hp you would drop to 76. Id expect if there was any fall damage, it would max out at -20. I haven't quite tested this properly though so I may be wrong but thats my initial approximation. :P

Medics should have no issue with fall damage, just heal. Its the other classes that are probably going to be at a disadvantage. but as mentioned here and in Moses' post, there are ways to avoid it. :)))

That being said, i much prefer where smiley is potentially adding the new cp. Changing up popular maps is fun. Objective is the same but it gives us a new experience. ;)

Edited by CheepHeep
  • 100 1

Just now, Lettuce said:

As long as the chicken is still there everything will be fine

All chickens are exterminated from the map.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smileyyy said:

All chickens are exterminated from the map.

but not their will and souls ;-;

• Haha 1

As much as I dislike this map, I thought the placement of the old CP was pretty good. I loved that they made the area more open on the UJE version as it was also easier for allies to double jump through the window to take the CP spawn. I didn't know people were having trouble with fall damage as it can be so easily avoided - especially on jaymod where the spawn protection is like a year long  :P. Anywho if this change does go through what's gonna happen to the old CP location? It seems like that area becomes pointless. Will download the map and play around on it after I wake up and add more feedback.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

to be perfectly honest, I dont see why the original makers of the map didnt use the same hallways as the ones used in cs_italy. the whole underground area now located at the CP leading to the barrier is all ET exclusive but I would rather have the entrance to that tunnel at the place where it is located in cs_italy

edit: as for the old CP as @ElEl mentioned, there is so much you could do there. For example you could make it a secondary spawnpoint at cp (f.e. spawnpoint 4 is new cp location, spawnpoint 5 is old cp location) and use the now empty old cp area to add construction parts there, the construction could be a stair from the old cp roof to the regular roof pretty much the same way it is done at the mg. To add even more debt you could remove the vertical ladder as a whole making allies only able to access the roof via constructable stairs and/or the entrance to the bank

Edited by Dest!Ny
  • Like 1