RInput - Enemy Territory Software

Ann!b@l

RInput

View File

RInput v1.44 (latest version)

RInput allows you to override low definition windows mouse input with high definition mouse input (raw input, which is more accurate for high cpi mice).

Advantages:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Prevents negative acceleration
- More accurate
- Bypass windows mouse settings (1:1, Low Level)
- Less overhead than Direct Input

How to use:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- Start RInput.exe with Admin rights.
- Provide the name of the executable in the DOS prompt command (in this case: et.exe)

Note: if the process is not running, RInput will wait for the process to be in running state.

I used for years the old v1.31 version.. Used each version (from v1.32 until v1.43) at their releases.. And use this latest version since its release the 26 Feb. 2016 without a single issue.

All the credit of this latest re-worked version with bug fixes goes to VolsandJezuz.

• Like 5

Will this work with other games like insurgency? or only et exclusive?

Works with a lot of other games.. It's not WET exclusive. Still, the best way to be sure is to put the exe name of the game when prompted by RInput, launch the game and see in the console if it finds the PID process of the game and successfully injects the library like it should.

jf74c4vebroygfhzg.jpg

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

Apparently, Insurgency is based on Source engine.. Like Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2 or even CS:GO are. So it should work and not cause issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurgency_(video_game)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Fortress_2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_(game_engine)#Games_using_Source

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 3

Some asked me through pms if you had to execute this process (run RInput & type et.exe+Enter before launching ET) each time.. And the answer is, yes.

Protip: for my part, I placed the RInput.exe and the RInput.dll on my desktop (this way no shortcut).. Then right-click on the RInput.dll, properties, and tick the box "hide". There's also another solution implying to create a batch file which I also used in the past.

Edited by Ann!b@l

• 1 year later...

i cant use rinput in both csgo and cs1.6.i'm using windows 10 1809.after successfully launched rinput and csgo.i can use keyboard in game,i can shoot or change weapons using mouse.but i cant make my crosshair move at all.may i get your help please?

19 hours ago, ed_ said:
This program doesn't work under the x64 system.

Oh. Really? I mean, who uses 32-bit systems recent years,since we all have over 4gb ram.Is there a way to fit rinput in a x64 windows? Because i really want this software to work.Actually i just reinstalled windows 7 for it, and it still seems to have some problems. If i start rinput before csgo, it's the same as windows 10,which is not working. But if start rinput after csgo started,rinput seems to work. with csgo in-game raw input set to off .my crosshair is smooth,unlike not using rinput and set rawinput to 0.And when it's working, setting csgo m_rawinput to 1 make my crosshair stop moving,while rawput 0 can move. Just the opposite of the situation i mentioned before.Very strange.

Edited by francis
a mistake were made.

The application requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 with elevated privileges but yes it is only for 32 bit according to the binaries

I will try to explain this is the only assembly in the binary if you take a sec to glance you will see only win32 the type and version used at the time

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
  <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
    <security>
      <requestedPrivileges>
        <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false"></requestedExecutionLevel>
      </requestedPrivileges>
    </security>
  </trustInfo>
  <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC90.CRT" version="9.0.21022.8" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
    </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>
</assembly>

A little bit of computer language this is what you will be looking for to resolve any C++ issues Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable 9.0.21022.8

After hitting google for search options this was the first one here that includes the version required https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15336

I wouldn't try any other install because this matches the version required in the build of the model and more installs could lead to a corrupt operating system be sure to do a save point for system restore before installing any system files that aren't made for the system.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ancalimon said:

How do I use this program with a process that have a space in its name?

Did you try enclosing it with quotes? Eg "process name has spaces.exe" 

This is just a thought, I don't know if it will work. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...