Can't connect multiple computers to F|A RECRUITING XP SAVE

Nerbil
Go to solution Solved by Nerbil,

I am returning to ET after a 2 year break, and am having some connection issues. I am able to connect to F|A RECRUITNG XP SAVE without any issues, unless my son is already connected. We have two PCs in the house, both trying to connect to the same ET servers. We got it to work earlier today, but now only one of us can connect at a time.

Scenario:

- Two Windows PCs on our home network (behind a NAT from our wireless router, connected to our cable modem)

- 1st machine can connect fine (who ever connects first).

- 2nd machine cannot ever connect, no error, it just waits for a connection forever.

I tried modifying my launch shortcut to use a different port, like this: et.exe + set net_port 27961, it just modifies the outgoing connection port to the ET server, which then fails.

Interestingly, if the server is full, I instantly get a connect failure and redirection to jay2 ET server.

Are the Fearless Assassin ET servers blocking 2 connections from a remote IP? If so, why did my son and I get it to work earlier today (we were both playing at the same time)?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Hello there!

This might sounds stupid, but...

Do you and your son have same files installed?

=> is it the same ET key and/or silent guid on both computers?

(these stuff are like ID cards of players for server, so if they do appear twice, only the first one getting on server can play)

Im only guessing your both on the same ip address type ipconfig in command prompt and check if both are the same it will look some what like this. I've only had this happen once in over a decade can say it's internet settings related its about all I can remember . Will have to set one of them up with a static ip address something like this https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

C:\Users\DD>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix 

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2  <------ this the one Im refering to. also known as your ip address in windows xp and 7

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :192.168.0.1

try these on et shortcut 

TCP (outbound) 27950, 27952, 27960, 27965
UDP (outbound) 27950, 27952, 27960, 27965

+set net_port #
+set fs_homepath #

Put different number on each for each pc I think thats it

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks DoubleDragon, that's the info I needed. Putting it in the config file doesn't seem to work for some reason.

For playing behind a NAT with multiple computers, change the net_port value to something unique (and unused locally) in the game shortcut.

Like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" + connect jay1.clan-fa.com +set net_port 27961

Default port if unset is 27960, so I just increased the value by 1.

Thanks all for the help!

to me I was told that two computers on the same server, the regulation is prohibited.

however I just tried to have two different etkey

and disable the punkbuster

cl_punkbuster 0

pb_cl_disable

but the administrators of the servers do not want two computers connected on a single server with the same ip address

example:

you can play on jay1

while your son plays on Jay2

so there are no problems for anyone

• Leader

but the administrators of the servers do not want two computers connected on a single server with the same ip address

That should not be true.

When we used PunkBuster, it did not allow two players with the same IP to connect to the same server. I since have seen others play on two computers from the same IP. 

I can see on Jay#1 that Nerbil & JKamino connect from the same IP but have different GUIDs and MACs.

• Leader

I was scolded because of jay3 I entered with 2 pc

Hmmm, depends on the situation. One player using 2 pcs on one server might be 'spying'.

I was scolded because of jay3 I entered with 2 pc

in your case you had the FA tag without lvl with your 2nd pc. That's why you have been kicked out by server. But this has nothing to do with OP's issue. And if I'm not wrong, server allows 3 connections per client with same infos.. Even though it's of course advised to have differrent ones for each.

only the first time I came in with the same cfg and tags, I had forgotten, but after I downloaded another etkey, and I changed the name to Lenovo.pc2, and I was told, I do not remember which of you not revenue 2 pc from my home

I totally understand the cheating or spying rule, and we will respect any rules placed upon us. JKamino (my son) and I play on different PCs in different rooms. Quite frequently we don't even play at the same time.