Covert Ops Weapon Pickup

Roboes

Covert Ops Weapons  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should Covert Ops in Silent be able to pick up SMG/MP40 when dressed as different class?

• YES
    • NO

I thoght that if you had your crosshairs on a covie long enough, that it would say "disguised enemy?" And in silent, for some reason undercover covies have a red circle above them, yet there isnt TB or TK? But on HC I dont see this red circle above covies undercover.

There is a red circle above a disguised covert's head only visible by your teammates to avoid being team killed. I don't recall it on silent1, I don't play there often I have like 4-5kxp there lol. I think there also should be a red circle but its not really needed because you can't harm them if they're your teammates.

Hello @ all

I voted yes, because having played NQ as covert for many years. I think it's already pathetic and stupid enough any active player on the server to have a huge board saying 'Enemy Disguised'. There's no point being disguised unless for you to get extra XP / points. Picking light weapons would balance that a bit.

• Like 2

Hello @ all

I voted yes, because having played NQ as covert for many years. I think it's already pathetic and stupid enough any active player on the server to have a huge board saying 'Enemy Disguised'. There's no point being disguised unless for you to get extra XP / points. Picking light weapons would balance that a bit.

There's an advantage on being in disguise because you can open doors from the other team, and also at first sight you wont shoot a player in your team so, your reaction to shoot will be delayed. And not everyone see you are in disguise I think, just if you have mastered a certain class wich I can't remember .

I already gave my opinion on this topic, you can always try to test it but I dont think it will be a major thing.

• Like 1

There's an advantage on being in disguise because you can open doors from the other team, and also at first sight you wont shoot a player in your team so, your reaction to shoot will be delayed. And not everyone see you are in disguise I think, just if you have mastered a certain class wich I can't remember .

I already gave my opinion on this topic, you can always try to test it but I dont think it will be a major thing.

Open doors is not an advantage, should be any covert's obligation.

I always hit players who came towards me, FF is OFF, so no point in asking first shoot after. Couple that with big letters 'Disguised Enemy' and too easy to spot Sten, FG and Mauser/Springfield.

At least give the ability to pick when players are actually disguised.

Edited by zrong
  • Like 1

Open doors is not an advantage, should be any covert's obligation.

I always hit players who came towards me, FF is OFF, so no point in asking first shoot after. Couple that with big letters 'Disguised Enemy' and too easy to spot Sten, FG and Mauser/Springfield.

At least give the ability to pick when players are actually disguised.

it's an advantage because no other class can do it...

it's an advantage because no other class can do it...

Basically, what you're stating, assuming that, is the obvious.

Medics/Nurses with shotguns also it's an advantage, no other class can do it... But a covert with a light weapon is a huge advantage!!!

1- is it even possible??

2- what happen once you ll be discovered? Staying with enemy weapon? Go back to original weapon?

3- would it apply to flamer?mortar?panzer? Imo that woukd creat an advantage

1- is it even possible??

2- what happen once you ll be discovered? Staying with enemy weapon? Go back to original weapon?

3- would it apply to flamer?mortar?panzer? Imo that woukd creat an advantage

1 - I've seen it done before

2 - You'd probably keep the weapon you are using until you die and respawn with default covert ops weapons.

3 - Nope. Doubt it. Only soldiers should have the ability to handle heavy weapons. They are the muscle in the game.

• Like 2

on silent if you are disguised you can trip enemy mines without taking damage. And nades I think, and maybe panzer, remember I took a panzer to the face while being covie with uni and survived. On silent only FOPS can see if you are in disguise and seing there is only 2-3 fops at a time out of 9-15 people you got quite the big chance to get behing enemy lines

on silent if you are disguised you can trip enemy mines without taking damage. And nades I think, and maybe panzer, remember I took a panzer to the face while being covie with uni and survived.

Not possible on Hardcore since Friendly Fire is enabled. 

• Platinum VIP

What Moses said.  When in disguise they must have like 500hp on top of not taking explosive damage.  I don't think the class needs any help...

What Moses said.  When in disguise they must have like 500hp on top of not taking explosive damage.  I don't think the class needs any help...

Well that's a bit of an exaggeration. Yes I agree that covert operatives in disguise evidently take on more damage than usual but that's one of the perks of choosing the class.

Engineer : Can plant mines, use rifle grenades, plant dynamites' etc

Medic : Regeneration, health packs, revive

F.Ops : Ammo, airstrikes, artillery.

Soldier : Reduces explosive damage, heavy weapons, increased clip sizes and weapon storage.

I don't see why covert ops can't be utilized properly. That's the class and that's how it would be like realistically.

• Like 1

1 - I've seen it done before

2 - You'd probably keep the weapon you are using until you die and respawn with default covert ops weapons.

3 - Nope. Doubt it. Only soldiers should have the ability to handle heavy weapons. They are the muscle in the game.

1. It's possible as somebody already stated if the covert is disguised or not. For disguised only would require a script.

2 .That's correct.

3. You can set the option if coverts can pick soldier's light weapons or only light weapons from other classes.

Edited by zrong

On server side it's as I said earlier it's not possible to pickup smg in the this Mod simply cause there is no shrub bot bit flag for Silent.

silent mod is based on ETPub 0.9.1 

It's just not possible not that I can think of. Most all of silent is from default x86 binaries I maybe going over my head saying you would have to decompile the binaries or write new from source just to find this and modify it to make it work. In essential make a new mod all together and it wouldn't be the same. Even if there was a extension in DLL files it would probably never work. Cause you are referring to a bit flag cvar that is part of NitMod and NoQuarter which are different binaries all together.

This is going to get very long in detail I advise to read cvars and understand them. This is the most current list I could find for this mod that has extensive details about what they do http://templars.2ap.pl/silent.html

• Like 1