Silent Servers Map Voting

schNee

Silent servers map voting  

67 members have voted

1. 1. click for the maps to remove:

2. 2. click for the new maps you want:

• 4 months later...

Just bumping this thread because not much has changed on Silent 1, and the complaints are getting louder and more frequent.

- Goldrush TE is still a dreadful map for 16v16 and needs to be replaced with the original version or just any other version

- People are complaining more and more about the same few maps getting played constantly. Personally I think increasing the 5 map rule to something like 7-8 would be a good remedy for this.

- People are just requesting new maps in general. Of course they rarely if ever sign up to the forum and post about it when you tell them to, but the demand is there nevertheless. Maps like Ice and Teuthonia that get played basically never sit there and rot when they could be replaced with maps people want to try.

I'll cross post this in the other relevant thread.

• Like 2

Also, we should delete baserace or at least have a more stable version :

When the server is full we got error message like this ( http://bildr.no/image/MEhkYTlW.jpeg ).

Which is really annoying especially when you can't aim (like myself) and the only shoot that should hit are "disabled" -> Hello darkness my old friend, i've come to talk with you again

PS: glad you made that topic schnee

• Like 3

Also, we should delete baserace or at least have a more stable version :

When the server is full we got error message like this ( http://bildr.no/image/MEhkYTlW.jpeg ).

Which is really annoying especially when you can't aim (like myself) and the only shoot that should hit are "disabled" -> Hello darkness my old friend, i've come to talk with you again

PS: glad you made that topic schnee

I didn't want to say it outright because I hate the map but +1 deleting Baserace.

• Like 1

Just bumping this thread because not much has changed on Silent 1, and the complaints are getting louder and more frequent.

- Goldrush TE is still a dreadful map for 16v16 and needs to be replaced with the original version or just any other version

- People are complaining more and more about the same few maps getting played constantly. Personally I think increasing the 5 map rule to something like 7-8 would be a good remedy for this.

- People are just requesting new maps in general. Of course they rarely if ever sign up to the forum and post about it when you tell them to, but the demand is there nevertheless. Maps like Ice and Teuthonia that get played basically never sit there and rot when they could be replaced with maps people want to try.

I'll cross post this in the other relevant thread.

^ Agreed with all this.  New maps in general would be a good idea on Silent.  I too have been seeing a pretty steady cadence of complaints recently.

Subway would be great.  Bridges and Ressurrection sound good too.  A few other names I thought I'd toss out are:  Axis Lab, Stalingrad, Eagles_2ways_b3, and Lighthouse.

I didn't want to say it outright because I hate the map but +1 deleting Baserace.

+1.  To deleting that one. :cheers

• Like 2

before removing any maps, should look into the changing the version of Goldrush and Oasis, reason; those are popular maps which should NOT be removed, but it's the wrong version for the server. In the past we tried to fix the issue by changing the spawntimes for Axis and Allies. Did not change much. 

Deli, Radar, Italy, Beach, Battery, Beerun, Goldrush can't be removed since they are quite popular maps. 

Having 3 of em on each rotations, where the rotations are changed every 2nd week would be good though.

I gave my vote even though I have not seen/heard half of these maps before. (Where they voted to be added to the list?)

• Like 4

Deli, Radar, Italy, Beach, Battery, Beerun, Goldrush can't be removed since they are quite popular maps.

True that, Italy, Beerrun and Seawall Battery are perennial favorites.

before removing any maps, should look into the changing the version of Goldrush and Oasis, reason; those are popular maps which should NOT be removed, but it's the wrong version for the server. In the past we tried to fix the issue by changing the spawntimes for Axis and Allies. Did not change much. 

Having 3 of em on each rotations, where the rotations are changed every 2nd week would be good though.

I gave my vote even though I have not seen/heard half of these maps before. (Where they voted to be added to the list?)

no i spend a nerd weekend and looked up big maps and tested them to see if they maybe good. some were voted by people to be added. 

i know about the goldrush issue and will look it up. 

agree with the popular maps being in the rotations. 

=)

no i spend a nerd weekend and looked up big maps and tested them to see if they maybe good. some were voted by people to be added. 

i know about the goldrush issue and will look it up. 

agree with the popular maps being in the rotations. 

=)

Nice, thank you! 

To fix the goldrush map, chnage the current version Goldrush SW to either Goldrush GA or Goldrush original (stock map).

Same for Oasis, just the other way around, current version Oasis original (stock map) chnage to Oasis SW.

• Like 3

Voted for 5 out and 5 in, this is how I would rate them even though they are really huge maps for hardcore server.

1. Canyon Depths

2. Bridges Final 

3. MLB Daybreak / Ressurrection *

4. Breakout

(?) HKF1 Beta 1.3

• Like 1

ok the rotation suggestions was send out by today. 

plus maps to add and remove. 

so fingers crossed we get new maps soon =)

Gold rush map it will be good if comes to originates... 

More easy to allies rush and probably, more fight.