ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Bunnny said:

Last two or three times when i have played FA_temple on jay1 every time almost half of the players have crashed on some point of the map

Even on new temple? 

1 hour ago, daredevil said:

Even on new temple? 

yes..i had to restart this toaster 🙄 its crashed before but never to a point ive had to restart my machine, another map also Kerkya? might have spelled it wrong but when the server reaches it peak amount of players the lag becomes unbearable for most or everyone

Edited by DrSpreadem

+ NFL Map and maybe NBA. Both were fun maps and since its NFL season, why not. Big open spaces could make it fun for high player counts.

+ Stalingrad. Plays well with any amount of players and seems to be a well liked map.

+ Graverobbery. Been a while since I've seen it in the rotation, I remember it being requested in here a couple times. I personally enjoy the chaos in the various chokepoints however allies tend to get stalled quickly.

+ RTCW Depot would be fun to play if the server population is low. 0-32 perhaps?

+ Millennium Falcon would be worth at least trying out in low to mid population. If it plays well, maybe up the player cap for it?

+ V2 Base. I haven't played this one in a long time and would like to see it back. Good mixture of long and close range fights.

+ Rommel GA. I remember playing this ages ago and it running smoothly with lots of players.

Riverport I'm indifferent on. It's not a great map and lags badly when server is near full but I know some players enjoy it and I have my flank routes when I play on axis.

Hotchkiss is significantly defensive sided. If it's possible, change how axis can breach the wall instead of running 2 objectives then holding that area for 90 seconds. Then next issue with the map is the extreme bottleneck that offense has to push through and pretty much run through a constantly respawning defense. It's just not fun being axis here and it shows when the admins are constantly having to ask people to go axis to balance due to leavers.

- Kerkyra. This map performs poorly and the first tank barrier is a nightmare for axis objective players. To plant the dynamite they are exposed to so many angles that allies can shoot them from. No cover from arty/mortars. This map just drives people off.

- Marrakech pro. The version previously on server was significantly better than this version and the comments in server seem to say the same thing. I have seen allies get a couple of times without even getting the gates to the city breached. Seems the damage-able tank and keycard were bad changes to the map. Not to mention Idk if allies have ran to the 2nd axis spawn thinking the objective was still there and ran towards multiple spawning axis lol.

- Capuzzo. Very laggy on full server. Seems to be extreme opinions on from those who enjoy and those who hate the map. The middle phase of the map is just annoying to deal with, really only seems to be like this so allies can have a "feel good" that they're progressing in the map.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, CabaL said:

+ V2 Base. I haven't played this one in a long time and would like to see it back. Good mixture of long and close range fights.

That one is really bad map because you can camp outside and slaughter team coming out from door or directly shoot at spawn from the top. That map its tough and gets one side if team goes bad - pretty bad fast. 

39 minutes ago, CabaL said:

+ NFL Map and maybe NBA. Both were fun maps and since its NFL season, why not. Big open spaces could make it fun for high player counts.

Link to map please? 

39 minutes ago, CabaL said:

+ RTCW Depot would be fun to play if the server population is low. 0-32 perhaps?

I had added that and people voted out very fast. 

Problem is any new map we add, players whine like anything - either this or that  - i.e. map, choke points, FPS lag, etc. 

40 minutes ago, CabaL said:

- Kerkyra. This map performs poorly and the first tank barrier is a nightmare for axis objective players. To plant the dynamite they are exposed to so many angles that allies can shoot them from. No cover from arty/mortars. This map just drives people off.

Can remove it for few days. 

How is Rushers? 

43 minutes ago, CabaL said:

+ Rommel GA. I remember playing this ages ago and it running smoothly with lots of players.

I can add that for a change. 

Rommel bad, lot of choke points, can just camp in fuel.

Rushers easy to rush, needs clipping or its over in 1 minute.

Depot is not new, is from rtcw but classic, also there are several ways to get to obj, might be a good sight. Also dual obj.

Nfl is dual obj, can be fun on jay 1. Good alternative for baserace ( https://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase=&fid=619 ) cant go there, its corrupted for me

Edited by Meshuggah
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GGAmerican said:

I really miss playing Cortex but I heard community regulars do not enjoy it? Anyone have input on why?

I like cortex. but it really is a huge map. so ur mostly running all over then fraggin 

14 minutes ago, THE BEAST said:

I like cortex. but it really is a huge map. so ur mostly running all over then fraggin 

Yeah i could see that it's just one of those maps I really missed when I was younger. Maybe ill run a local host server and hop around alone hahaha

• Like 1

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, GGAmerican said:

Yeah i could see that it's just one of those maps I really missed when I was younger. Maybe ill run a local host server and hop around alone hahaha

Will add in map voting 

4 hours ago, GGAmerican said:

I really miss playing Cortex but I heard community regulars do not enjoy it? Anyone have input on why?

The main issue with cortex is it almost requires admins spectating cause when it was in the rotation, people were constantly pushing teammates off.

2 hours ago, CabaL said:

The main issue with cortex is it almost requires admins spectating cause when it was in the rotation, people were constantly pushing teammates off.

Honestly as a youngster I remember doing this on the table, so I could see this being an issue. 

• Administrators
On 10/26/2019 at 10:12 AM, Grizzlyoldman said:

Helmsdeep Beta 4 a other good map 

https://et.trackbase.net/map/51

Helmsdeep is my fav! @tipsy Whats the issue with that one? 

• Haha 1

• WhiteWidow changed the title to JAYMODE 1 MAPS ROTATION SUGGESTION