ETPRO help required

audrey

you can also try to connect once to a non-fa etpro server and see if it crashes as well

I don't know I am a Linux user... but I see there are some details in the crash window... maybe it tells you the exception address

You've lost me.

Are you talking about that option "check for the solution online"?

no that 'view problem details' dropdown I see in your picture. it should contain more infos

Oh that. Okay, here you go.

Lemme PM you this.

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

if only etpro crashes and other mods don't, it's either a problem of config or something weird is going on. that's my view.

et is genuine 2.60b (same md5 as mine), so the only differences are

- mod

- config

maybe some renderer setting makes it crash. it crashes only when connecting to the server. Before you connect, only etpro ui is loaded, not the actual client. The client loads when you connect or run a local map.

you can try a local etpro server doing this:

- load ET.exe, don't join any server. (the mod should be etmain)

- load mod 'etpro', now you are on mod 'etpro' (you should see the logo, etc.)

- from the console type /devmap goldrush

if it crashes, then it's etpro, regardless of the fact that you connect to the server or not.

• Like 1

random and dumb solution

load into etpro create a profile with name and try to connect to an etpro server

Nice guess!

Still nothing though.

Nice guess!

Still nothing though.

Then just let me know when u have time so i can look into it, since it shouldn't be that hard to fix it.

I do remember I had some problem with etpro in the past as well. I'm trying to remember how I solved it...

As only etpro crashed... What about deleting your etpro folder (I suppose it doens't contain anything valuable if you never connected) and connecting to an fa-server afterwards (so it downloads all necessary files again)? I know it's the kind of "turn it off and on again" solution, but those solutions have served me well :)

Mod is overrated anyways! Not missing out on anything. Well, if something really funny and memorable were to take place and you aren't there... You'd be missing out on that. So I guess you could possibly be missing out on something but its a stretch. Etpro is serious 100% of the time. Nobody has ever even laughed while playing it, nobody.

• Like 4

• Platinum VIP

Mod is overrated anyways! Not missing out on anything. Well, if something really funny and memorable were to take place and you aren't there... You'd be missing out on that. So I guess you could possibly be missing out on something but its a stretch. Etpro is serious 100% of the time. Nobody has ever even laughed while playing it, nobody.

Am I nobody? Ill take it as an insult

• Like 4

@platonic i already tried deleting file and connecting. Nope.

@haruhi etpro not my cup of tea for sure, but i want to attend gameday :)

• Like 2

had similar problem few years ago where I could not connect to any ET pro servers, I deleted everything eith ET pro and downloaded the mod from their website (the newest one) fixed the problem, if you have not tried it, try it, doesn't hurt. Might be something with your cl_allowdownload which doesn't download when connecting to other servers (FA example as mentioned above)

http://etpro.anime.net/  3.2.6