Fps increase

Shana

You can get a bit more out of that :) especially on low spec hardware...

Also it's good to experiment with some values on different setups and test it with timedemo since the results can be different on different machines.

/seta r_facePlaneCull "0"   // 1 is faster, activates Z-Culling and ET won't draw surfaces that are not visible

/seta r_ext_compressed_textures "1"   //needs to be tested, for me 0 gives more fps

/seta r_primitives 2   // 2 should be the same rendering method as 0; 1 was always the slowest for me and 0 the fastest but worth to try 0/1/2 on different videocards I guess

/seta r_stencilbits 8   // Only used with cg_shadows 2/3, which is bugged and slow, can be 0 to save a tiny bit of video memory and cg_shadows 0 of course

/seta r_depthbits 16   // Doesn't make a  noticable difference in fps but values lower than 24 should be restricted imho :P

/seta r_roundImagesDown 5   // Can be 0 or 1; 5 doesn't harm but is useless

Also you can get quite a few fps by sound settings, lower these settings till you get dropouts or crackling in game, then up them a bit again till the errors are gone (after changing them in game do /snd_restart):

seta s_mixahead "0.2"   // Here I can play with 0.06 without errors
seta s_mixPreStep "0.05"   // Playable without errors with 0.04 on my PC

And always test it with a demo, preferably a short one of about ~5 min. Type /timedemo 1 first in console before starting the demo. The demo will then be played faster than normal and at the end you can see the fps values in the console, only way to get reliable results when testing this stuff.

Edited by S3ti
  • Like 4

P.S.

How is it even possible to play with 25 fps? I can't even look at 76 fps without getting a depression :P

Oh and you could add to that list:

seta r_ext_multitexture "1" // Default is 1 but you never know, has quite a big impact on fps
seta r_ext_texture_env_add "1" // Should be 1 if multitexturing is 1

• Leader

/seta r_drawfoliage 0 is cheat-protected on jay2.

I will have fun checking the others.  I had better save my current settings for safety!

S3ti I'm a patient person :) and those 25fps go down when sb uses lots of flamer or when there are really big maps but normally it's stable :)

RedBaird Good Luck!

seta r_ext_texture_env_add "1" // Should be 1 if multitexturing is 1

Mine is setted on 0 and increase my fps.. For the rest you mentioned above, seems we got same settings and I agree your statement.. Reached 2333fps, useless but a way to check my settings..

edit: forgotten to say /r_dlightbacks on 0 will increase strongly your fps.. /r_lobdias 3=custom settings, I use this one since my render is a customised one and allows me to choose a lower quality than with the setting 2  ;)

Even with my old pc with or without a graphic card I was able to reach the 125fps stable.. 25 seems to me quite low and not normal..

Edited by Ann!b@l

Mine is setted on 0 and increase my fps.. For the rest you mentioned above, seems we got same settings and I agree your statement.. Reached 2333fps, useless but a way to check my settings..

edit: forgotten to say /r_dlightbacks on 0 will increase strongly your fps.. /r_lobdias 3=custom settings, I use this one since my render is a customised one and allows me to choose a lower quality than with the setting 2  ;)

Even with my old pc with or without a graphic card I was able to reach the 125fps stable.. 25 seems to me quite low and not normal..

Just tested it and r_dlightbacks 0/1 makes no difference on my PC and it's anyway only active if r_dynamiclight is 1.

Setting r_dynamiclight 0 makes quite a difference in fps I noticed (it's on the list already), I just had it off to get rid of the flashlight when shooting. Some settings should just be tested on different systems and prolly Ati and Nvidia cards handle some settings different.

lol 2333 fps, what the hell is that? I reach between 170 and 240 with timedemos dependant on the map :P

Edited by S3ti

yep 2333fps.. And it's close to be stable online and on every maps, when I'm not on a weak place for fps on some maps even if I still get more than 1000fps..  :P I had already posted a screenshot with 1000fps but I don't use them because at 800/1000fps the picture of my gun start to vibrate, my crosshair freezes/immobilises himself, losing so the control of my mouse in game.. Only way to fix this, is to restart the game each time.. Also, I always get a interrupted message of connection when it's so high.. Anyway, all this amount of fps is pretty useless so...  ;)

20130207000747subway.jpg

ps: it's an Nvidia for my part

Edited by Ann!b@l