Lag free/help cfg

• Clan Friend

cl_packetdup duplicates packets, it doesn't delay them

If you don't have packet loss it's useless, but it won't do anything bad either (aside from using more upload bandwidth).

The server doesn't execute a command that was executed already, so if a packet is a duplicate of some you already sent, the server just discards it.

If you had some packet loss and you didn't manage to send it before, the duplicate command is useful because the server can still execute it.

• 1 month later...

AmazOn's cfg:

http://www.2shared.com/file/GW5gBjGw/AmAzOn.html

screenshotmxi.png

Might be that Quovadis already posted this one, though I didn't see him mentioning its AmazOn's cfg.

A question, can you tell me the command to put the logs in the upper left of the screen, instead of just appearing in the middle as normal?

Regards.

• Clan Friend

A question, can you tell me the command to put the logs in the upper left of the screen, instead of just appearing in the middle as normal?

Regards.

which mod do you play? that is probably etpro

• Clan Friend

Hi SunLight

Normaly he plays on j4 (Silent).

Regards

then the answer is what u said :P

hud editor, then drag and drop, and save

The above image employs r_picmip (set to 3 I think) as a cvar :P - hence why the textures look crap. Oh and this cvar also makes you be able to look through trees litte bit better :P...TISK TISK.

Yet another cvar that the player relies on to have the "edge"...siiighhh

• 3 years later...

This setting determines if duplicate commands are sent, range is 1 to 5 and is 1 as default. if a packet gets lost then a 'backup' command may still be received. Set to 1 as default which is recommended if you have packet loss. If you have an excellent connection with very little or no packetloss at all then this could be set to 0 and cl_maxpackets possibly raised. However, as with all settings experiment to see which is best suited for your connection - See cg_lagometer for a guide on how to determine if you need to adjust this setting.

This setting determines if duplicate commands are sent, range is 1 to 5 and is 1 as default. if a packet gets lost then a 'backup' command may still be received. Set to 1 as default which is recommended if you have packet loss. If you have an excellent connection with very little or no packetloss at all then this could be set to 0 and cl_maxpackets possibly raised. However, as with all settings experiment to see which is best suited for your connection - See cg_lagometer for a guide on how to determine if you need to adjust this setting.

Please don't "necro" topics- that is reply to ancient topics that are 4 years old.

That said, I really like your forum activity and willingness and desire to help others! Remember to keep things simple, or add explanations so that our non-tech inclined members can understand what you mean!

(I have a hard time with this myself :P)

Please don't "necro" topics- that is reply to ancient topics that are 4 years old.

That said, I really like your forum activity and willingness and desire to help others! Remember to keep things simple, or add explanations so that our non-tech inclined members can understand what you mean!

(I have a hard time with this myself :P)

I like to help others, but also to be helped. My problem is related to my connection, which is very good, but I have the router in the apartment on the second floor, instead use the Notebook, in the second apartment on the first floor, the distance in wi-fi is about 20 meters , sometimes when you shoot, the drain too fast charger when they are fighting against each other, while the opponent still has to finish downloading the magazine, which is why I'm trying to solve the problem with the cl_packetdup command, the real problem it is that the shots do not enter the delll'avversario body, in face to face combat, with little distance, the opponent or remains unscathed, or left with 1 hp, and maybe his table was about 200 and I 50. The wi-fi is really bad to play online, I have a lot of experience, and I had so many different connections, but it is the first time that game with wi-fi connection, the ping is never stable, and sometimes the lagometer has triangles persistent yellow, and the green line occasionally pauses for a few millimeters, and it always happens when I press mouse1 to shoot the face-to-face, perhaps the opponent is not strong, and I die as a fool, sometimes comes the depression I hahaha