Guns

TulsaGeoff

Well I haven't got it yet but I ordered the RM1HRASSP Service Grade HRA listed here:

http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/m1garand.htm

I thought long and hard and then took the advice of a collector I know who shared an experience of getting a slightly lesser grade and then having to spend a bunch to bring it up to really good condition. 

The M1 Carbine I acquired a few years ago was a similar experience. I bought it for a song and then spent a fortune bringing it back to life. It's now a completely stock 1943 Saginaw M1 Carbine. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought I had posted pictures of my shotguns but apparantly never did.. so here they are:

H&R Protector pumps:

Top is my HD weapon, speedfeed forend and blackhawk specops stock

Bottom is my various duty weapon. Hogue OD green O.M. stock and forend, awaiting a scope. And will be shipping the receiver out to be fitted for a couple extra barrels of varying lengths, including a rifled slug barrel.

post-4795-0-30450300-1370128076_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Geoff I don't know if you recall that I wanted a Mark III 22/45 like yours and you provided a link to the site where you got yours.  Well since the scare with all the guns and ammo I've noticed that getting these pistols has been difficult. About 6 months ago I found a used target Mark III not the 22/45, but a nice target .22 for a real good price.  I picked it up and have been plinking with it.  I shot about 150 rounds today at some swinging metal targets I bought.  I had a blast. Also shot 50 rounds out of the .357 at a walker and silhouette target and about 50 rounds out of a .45.  Good times today.  Below is a picture of the Mark III that I got with a red dot on it.

post-9160-0-52971200-1371415801_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice Mark III. Something to be said about having an all metal frame. I sold the one that I posted earlier and bought a 22/45 LITE and tricked it out for shooting steel challenge. I thought I had a pic, but I don't right now. Shooting .22 is just a lot of fun. Except the fact that I still haven't been able to find any since December for normal prices...

Bump for a new AR :) They are finally coming back down in price so I snagged this basic Palmetto State AR. Now only if I could afford to shoot the darn thing. I may leave this one setup for iron sights.

pvox.jpg

• 1 month later...

It arrived. A 1943 Springfield Arms M1 Garand /.30-06 version. A few parts have been replaced and the barrel looks either pristine or new. All in all the CMP did a wonderful job putting this together. Sucker groups very well but after being accustomed to the .30 Carbine, this thing is a monster.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My gun buying days are over for a few months. I need to focus more on ammo. I've got pretty much everything that I want for now, and I let my C&R expire last month. I might make another go of it, but I don't see much new in the way of surplus coming in.

My gun buying days are over for a few months. I need to focus more on ammo. I've got pretty much everything that I want for now, and I let my C&R expire last month. I might make another go of it, but I don't see much new in the way of surplus coming in.

You should post some pics of urs