Guns

TulsaGeoff

Well I was able to pick up some primers and projectiles for my .270 relaoding. I'll reload 100 rounds in the next couple of weeks. The gun store where I purchased these at had little to no AR's on the rack and only a few AK's. Ammo was almost non-existant and I did see a sign stating only one box per customer. This got me to thinking so I did a search on "Ammo Shortages" and found news articles from the past two weeks and from all over the county (USA) reporting the shortage and how it is affecting local law enforcement. This article that was posted yesterday in TN was the most indepth:

http://www.ihoneida.com/news/2013/01/gun-blitz-local-buyers-hit-by-shortage/

Changes I've made. I went from the Magpul flip up peep sight to a TruGlo red dot to now a 4x12 scope. The main reason is if I want to kill pigs with it I shhot them in the head at 60 to 100 yards and I need that pin point accuracy and I can always go back to the other sight options quickly. I also canged the hand guard, stock, and grip to the Magpul forest green. I need to get a couple of magazines in that color too, but right now Magpul magazines are way too expensive. I saw a pair of the forst green sell on gunbroker last week for $179.00. I mean, really? Anyway these are the changes and after looking at the original and what it looks like now I like it a lot better. The stock is the CTR (Compact / Type Restricted) with no wobble what so ever in it. The grip is a plus grip and is more of a rubber feel than a hard plastic feel to it. See below:

Original as purchased:

photobucket-9834-1344105396725.jpg

Now with added items:

AR15changes_zpsc8d02d77.jpg

Changes I've made. I went from the Magpul flip up peep sight to a TruGlo red dot to now a 4x12 scope. The main reason is if I want to kill pigs with it I shhot them in the head at 60 to 100 yards and I need that pin point accuracy and I can always go back to the other sight options quickly. I also canged the hand guard, stock, and grip to the Magpul forest green. I need to get a couple of magazines in that color too, but right now Magpul magazines are way too expensive. I saw a pair of the forst green sell on gunbroker last week for $179.00. I mean, really? Anyway these are the changes and after looking at the original and what it looks like now I like it a lot better. The stock is the CTR (Compact / Type Restricted) with no wobble what so ever in it. The grip is a plus grip and is more of a rubber feel than a hard plastic feel to it. See below:

Original as purchased:

photobucket-9834-1344105396725.jpg

Now with added items:

AR15changes_zpsc8d02d77.jpg

Looks awesome! Even tho i think the original looks cooler ;)

Nice upgrades to the AR and VZ! I've never looked down an EOtech.

I just got my Primary Arms Micro red dot in that I've been waiting for months to get them back in stock. Mounted on an Arsenal AK 101-S using RS's mount.

photo1pgf.jpg

I don't know if I've posted this yet. I got this for my B-day from GF + Family. Springfield Range Office.

photo2hf.jpg

Also in the middle of building this one until my Larue Predatar 5.56 gets built and ships. Hopefully I get it... I may be waiting 6-10 months for it.

imageryqn.jpg

Shooting Steel Challenge tomorrow. Woohoo .22 fun :D

Locally, I have seen the price of AR's go down about a grand. No longer in the $2k range which makes me happy. Down to about $1500 with a couple mags, an optic and a few other nice things. Hopefully it goes down a little more so I can convince the fiance to let me buy one.

Locally, I have seen the price of AR's go down about a grand. No longer in the $2k range which makes me happy. Down to about $1500 with a couple mags, an optic and a few other nice things. Hopefully it goes down a little more so I can convince the fiance to let me buy one.

Depends on what it is. A nice Colt 6290 that isnt TOO bad of a price. For a S&W Sport or DPMS thats terrible. But yeah. Atleast they are coming down.

Well it's an improvement. I was looking at Smith and Wesson M&P 15's going for almost 3k with no mag or attachments.

• 4 weeks later...

My VZ has been updated! 

Got a new stock on her, and a light mounted underneath.  Might buy a side rail for my PRI upper mount and mount the light there sometime.  I have a railed spring cover coming in the mail to mount my EoTech on, so stay tuned for pics of that :)

IMG191_zps7ea3b13d.jpg
IMG195_zpsd2600dd1.jpg
IMG192_zps8b36fb3c.jpg
IMG193_zpsd43bc4d4.jpg
IMG194_zpsce98fb14.jpg

Got a new stock on her, and a light mounted on the side.  Bought a side rail for my PRI upper mount and mounted the light there.  Also mounted the Railed Spring cover (the kind you can get from Zahal.org, got it from http://www.corwin-arms.com) and put the EoTech 512 on it.  I really like this setup.

My wife says it looks mean now.  She thinks it should be banned.   O0  :P BTW she is only kidding! ;D

IMG1019_zpsd7952569.jpg
IMG1020_zps821588bb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well it isn't a gun, but I thought I'd show off my support for the 2nd Amendment. Especially during the rough time gun owners are going through here in New York...

This just arrived yesterday, and it was nice enough today to install it.

Lancaster-20130414-01137_zpse1cb2c3b.jpg

• Like 1