Guns

TulsaGeoff

Gun nuts.. gun nuts all of you :P

I dont own a gun but i love shooting with them! When i was in Ukraine with my family, me and my dad went shooting with the Dragunov svd, AKM, Steyr AUG and Fort 12 9mm! It was lots of fun and there was so much power in the Dragunov!

Here is a pic of my dad shooting the Dragunov i believe it is.

post-7675-0-09081000-1358608506_thumb.jpg

Edited by LainTime SwE
  • Like 2

That is on my wish list. If I ever get enough extra money, I want to buy a Dragunov SVD. I true Russian one. Not a Tigr shorter barreled model, and not a Chinese NDM version. I want the real deal Russian SVD. They go for around $5,000 US here if you can even find one.

That is on my wish list. If I ever get enough extra money, I want to buy a Dragunov SVD. I true Russian one. Not a Tigr shorter barreled model, and not a Chinese NDM version. I want the real deal Russian SVD. They go for around $5,000 US here if you can even find one.

This was the real deal with the original scope an everything! And i was as exited as a kid on christmas when i heard that we were going to shoot with it! :)

Went shooting the other day with a Glock 19. So much fun! Put a 3 inch spread in a targets head at 30 yards! heck yes! And that is standing! Koopa, keep us updated on your Ak, it is so much fun to go through this topic and see all the changes to it. Anyone CC here? Because I am planing to as soon as I am 18. If so what guns do you use for it?

Went shooting the other day with a Glock 19. So much fun! Put a 3 inch spread in a targets head at 30 yards! heck yes! And that is standing! Koopa, keep us updated on your VZ ( :fixed ), it is so much fun to go through this topic and see all the changes to it. Anyone CC here? Because I am planing to as soon as I am 18. If so what guns do you use for it?

Fixed your blatant weapon identification error, you :noob ! lol

I will post a pic of her when she is all gussied up! Might be a month or two though!

• Like 2

Lain, that picture of you dad shooting is a keeper. Look at the brass (empty shells) at his feet. Certainly been some shooting done in that spot. B)

Think it was about 4 or 5 booths and it was shells all over the floor!

I've a friend who was invited to Russia following the demise of the Soviet Union by the former Soviet MIlitary as part of a group of Vietnam vets tour. She was given the opportunity to shoot a Dragunov. She's quite knowledgeable about firearms and says that it was a very fine rifle. They wouldn't let her bring one home however.

I've decided that I would like to acquire an M1 Garand. Iv'e shot one once and my shoulder hasn't been the same since so I figure I have nothing to lose. They're a bit cheaper than a Dragunov.

Nice pics and stories! Made it out to a Steel Challenge competition and did pretty good :D First in my bracket shooting the S&W 15-22. Did another practice shoot yesterday and I'm planning on going to another comp this Sunday.

steelchallenge.jpg

DA Bob good luck on that M1 it is certainly a piece of history.

Geoff, looks like fun. Let us know how the second shoot goes.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been shopping online for ammo and looks like most places are sold out of the kind I need such as .223, 9 mm, .40 S&W, 7.62x39. I can reload for my hunting ammo, but have not looked for components yet. For all I know powder and projectiles may be sold out too. I always hate these congressional scares due to threats of certain laws being proposed.

Want a S&W 15-22, Just don't have the money to put out for it. Been scouring backpage.com for someone who wants to trade for something I have but no one. :(

DA Bob good luck on that M1 it is certainly a piece of history.

Geoff, looks like fun. Let us know how the second shoot goes.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been shopping online for ammo and looks like most places are sold out of the kind I need such as .223, 9 mm, .40 S&W, 7.62x39. I can reload for my hunting ammo, but have not looked for components yet. For all I know powder and projectiles may be sold out too. I always hate these congressional scares due to threats of certain laws being proposed.

Academy just enacted a 1 box of ammo per caliber policy at their stores. Hopefully places can actually start inventorying ammo soon. www.slickguns.com has up to date ammo deals.

I may get some footage at the next shoot :)

Want a S&W 15-22, Just don't have the money to put out for it. Been scouring backpage.com for someone who wants to trade for something I have but no one. :(

You will love it! You can hardly find one now anyways so oh well. ;)

Found a few on backpage locally that I had wanted. Almost got it for my tablet, but then he went and stopped replying. Same with a Ruger 10/22 all decked out with scope, grip, arch angel kit and all... Damn people. :(

Academy just enacted a 1 box of ammo per caliber policy at their stores. Hopefully places can actually start inventorying ammo soon. www.slickguns.com has up to date ammo deals.

I may get some footage at the next shoot :)

You will love it! You can hardly find one now anyways so oh well. ;)

seems everything is dwindling...and the biggest complaint among my reloading friends is primers. They can find all the powder they want, it's the primers that are scarce. I don't reload. I thought about it for the .30 Carbine because even on a good day it is rather expensive. Looks like I waited too long

Luckily I have plenty of primers and powder, but need projectiles. You know, I remember when the big scare came just before the Brady Bill and what it was like at a gun show. Then people were trying to offload their stock of assault weapons. I picked up a Russian SKS, pre 50's model for $189.00 brand new never fired. The last gun show I went to this past month was completely different. The S&W - M&P that I bought for $650.00 was selling for $1,600.00. The Ammo guys [Georgia-Arms] that sell a lot of ammo at these shows had a pallet full of 223 ammo cans in 500 or 1000 rounds and they sold out within the first 3 hours of the show. I was lucky enough to get two ammo cans of 9 mm and 40 S&W at 500 rounds each before they were sold out. Heck I just buy the stuff to shoot a couple of steel targets that I have, but I may have to hold on to it to make sure we'll be able to buy more in the future. Shoot they don't need to put more restrictive laws on guns; they could just make it impossible to buy ammo. Sure there would be some that could reload, but that would be a lot less than the average shooter who just likes to plink from time to time.

• Like 1