Jaymod servers are extremely laggy for me

Beeshbum

Wondering if anyone has any ideas why I might get extremely poor performance on the Jaymod servers only.

Windows 10, plenty of power on the gaming rig, especially for a game this old. Silent and NQ run fine. Nice and smooth.

What kind of performance issues are you facing? Dropped FPS? Lag? 

You tried /r_primitives 2 - if you are experiencing FPS lag, thats the first thing I'd do. I realise you may have done this already but mentioning just to be safe.

• Like 2

• Leader
2 hours ago, MikeSlayer said:

copying your silent cfg to the jaymod profiles folder

First backup  your current jaymod etconfig.cfg or rename it in your jaymod profiles folder.  Keep a "path of retreat" from any changes. :D

I just had a laggy few minutes on Jay#1, from California, but I believe that it was caused by a background process, possibly my online backup provider, although I did set it to run more slowly.

I keep the win10 Task Manager pinned to the task bar so that I can check such things very quickly.  It turns out that Carbonite was still Updating.

On 1/19/2020 at 7:45 PM, CheepHeep said:

What kind of performance issues are you facing? Dropped FPS? Lag? 

You tried /r_primitives 2 - if you are experiencing FPS lag, thats the first thing I'd do. I realise you may have done this already but mentioning just to be safe.

Certainly dropped FPS. Considerable lag. So much that it's actually unplayable for me. I don't often go there but silent server was down the other day.

On 1/20/2020 at 12:02 AM, MikeSlayer said:

try copying your silent cfg to the jaymod profiles folder so it uses the exact same cfg then you can determine if its cfg or another problem

I'll try to give that a shot.

On 1/20/2020 at 2:48 AM, RedBaird said:

First backup  your current jaymod etconfig.cfg or rename it in your jaymod profiles folder.  Keep a "path of retreat" from any changes. :D

I just had a laggy few minutes on Jay#1, from California, but I believe that it was caused by a background process, possibly my online backup provider, although I did set it to run more slowly.

I keep the win10 Task Manager pinned to the task bar so that I can check such things very quickly.  It turns out that Carbonite was still Updating.

I don't think it was anything on my PC causing it because I went to NQ servers after experiencing extreme lag on jaymod and it was fine.

• Like 1