[FIXED - READ FIRST POST] TXT ERROR/CRASH

4estw1zzard
Go to solution Solved by rambozo37,

hey everyone ... i have been having some trouble now and again when im playing ET online and go to type in a message to all chat and as soon as i press t my game freezes and then crashes ... so far only fix is to type /vid_restart in console every time i join a server or load client

thanks for the help

much love

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Okay i have same problem and for me /vid_restart didnt help,only if the map is over ,loaded new map then i can start type again.Made some videos also 

Edited by RedBaird
deleted 2nd video
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @4estw1zzard

Hi @Johnwick

Could you just precise :

- Is it on every MODS?

- If no, which(es) MOD(S) is/are concerned.

- What OS are you runnning both?

- When did the problem began

If is it Windows please do following commands:

Windows + R

Fill execute by typing:

winver

If it is LINUX let me know which distribution it is :

lsb_release -a

Paste here the output.

• Thanks 1

@GHARIB Only NQ worked for me ,jay,etpro,and silent crashed.But silent didnt throw me after crash to desktop.

Running win 10 version 1903 (OS 18362.535) ,well i dont really know when it started ,like 2 months ago . I think maybe something jaymod or etmain folders ? because i just got new laptop ,and i took those folders from old PC ,and installed ET 

silent,didint throw me to desktop.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • 100 1

@GHARIB hey SO right now im running windows 10 version 1909 ... and it seemed to be across all mods. now this was using the 2.60b client .i just recently installed the legacy client and the issue seemes to have fixed it self at least on this new client. thanks again for the responses hope this helps :)

@Johnwick You do vid_restart after you join a server bud.

I don't know what the fix is and I know many have the same issue - this is the only thing that kinda works right now until something more permanent comes along.

• Thanks 1

Try to disable sound.

I have two installed ET: one I use only to silent mod, jay2 and beg2. Second: for all servers. First never crashed. Second constantly with the same message you have. 

• Thanks 1

I don't have this issue on FA NQ1 server running 1.2.9_6 BUT i do have it on another NQ server i play running NQ 1.2.9_6 where my game crashes as soon as i press either T, Y or esc.

I was thinking it was because FA uses a windows NQ install and the other server i play uses Linux but if some are having the same issues on FA NQ server then that theory goes out the window.

I'm yet to find a fix or cause as the really odd thing is it doesn't happen on all maps and nor does it happen on the same maps all the time, i can be playing Goldrush for instance and pressing T or Y to talk or even using esc will simply crash ET with no info other than its crashed (like JohnWicks image above) and yet other times i could be playing Goldrush and can press T Y and esc without any crash.

Like i say i dont have the issue on FA's server and my Windows/linux argument made sense until i read this thread. lol

I'm going to try some things within windows as this is seeming more like a windows 10 issue, i'm currently on windows 10 pro build 1909 so it could well be a simple compat issue, i'll try running ET in various compat modes and see if i still have the problem.

EDIT*** yeah tried all compat modes from 95 up and running as admin but still same issue

If anyone does happen to find a fix then like others i'll be greatful, must also add that like JohnWick this issue is a few months old for me too, a clean widnows install and ET install since have made no difference.

My current ET install uses 1440p Resolution on a Windows 10 pro 1909 x64 system using more than enought hunkmegs etc (tried changing that and few other setting too just to see, dont help)**EDIT

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CheepHeep said:

@Johnwick You do vid_restart after you join a server bud.

I don't know what the fix is and I know many have the same issue - this is the only thing that kinda works right now until something more permanent comes along.

Yes ,tryed now this way also ,now did not crash anymore but weird resolution after vid_restart,maybe really instll Legacy client ,what for is it anyway ? 😁

• Like 1

@Johnwick

Legacy client is just a newer version of ET that was made to help run on newer systems .. you should be able to use any resolution .. also you should,nt have to run /vid_restart on legacy

Edited by 4estw1zzard
@
  • Like 1

• Leader

Just saying,

last time I had pk3's from the polskie swiry server I had sh** toon of problems... Made a clean up and never went back to that place solved all my problems. Also in your Etmain folder do you have a toon of maps, cfg's… Doing a clean up sometimes helps allot.

Also try this, always help

• Like 1
  • 100 1

@4estw1zzard

@Johnwick

Happy, that you solves your problem ( I read it after i sent this message) for the future, to identify a technical problem follow the current lines.

1. launch ET.

2. Before all,  in menu, open console and type 

/seta logfile 1

3. Go to server mod where it will crash.

4. Open the T menu to crash it

5. After the crash go to your ETMAIN folder

6. You will find a file named ETCONSOLE.LOG

Please send us etconsole.log

It might contain all clues to find the reason of the crash (any crash)

It will really help to find the reason of any crash.

And of course, as said @rambozo37 , cleaning the folder with auto PK3 cleaner , should be a good thing! 

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

• CheepHeep changed the title to [FIXED - READ FIRST POST] TXT ERROR/CRASH