ET Server Suggestion ETPro Server

ScoOfi

Hello dear friends :]

I see that our F|A Servers are the most famous Servers and the ppl like to Play there! Nice Maps, nice staff, active community!

The ETPro Scene is dead, and many of my old Friends use to Play etpro on HBC or Hirntot.. they dont like the admins there and the Server config (Spawntimes etc.)

https://et.trackbase.net/server/46455/

https://et.trackbase.net/server/43401/

that are current the only one 2 active etpro servers.. 😕

So is it possible to recreate an ETPro Public Server to Keep the ETPro Scene active? For all ETPro Players, users from www.Crossfire.nu and other communities.. we Need a good public Server or even two when its gettin full.. like the old CYBERGAMES Public Servers..

As I am from the Scene, I can help you with the Server config (Spawntimes, classes, weapons, Maps..) and would like to lead the Server ingame.. watchout for cheaters etc.

I will publish our Server then on crossfire.nu and other etpro community sites.

I can see that you have already an ETPro Server but I would Change it a bit.. the Settings and the colours

https://et.trackbase.net/server/44319/

So you dont Need to host a new Server, just Change your inactive etpro Server a bit and we would make ET great again and support the etpro community :)

Would be nice if its possible..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

another EU et pro server would have to compete with the two popular servers you mentioned

i would play / promote a USA based et pro server which im sure would be popular when silent and jay1 are full 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, MikeSlayer said:

another EU et pro server would have to compete with the two popular servers you mentioned

i would play / promote a USA based et pro server which im sure would be popular when silent and jay1 are full 

+1 I agree with you. Even good for players in america/asia 

1 hour ago, MikeSlayer said:

There's already a US ETPro server. Every time I tried to populate it, it would last for a couple maps and then die off even with spamming discord and inviting people from HC/silent

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Mufasa said:

There's already a US ETPro server. Every time I tried to populate it, it would last for a couple maps and then die off even with spamming discord and inviting people from HC/silent

Dang that's to bad, maybe if we get a strong base going this time we could have better luck?  Never know until you try... again lol :)

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Cit0 said:

Dang that's to bad, maybe if we get a strong base going this time we could have better luck?  Never know until you try... again lol :)

Unfortunately in the current state of ETPro this would be incredibly difficult. Even in the main ETPro forum people are struggling to get anything going. In the whole month of October there was 1 ET match streamed on GamesTV.

I have tried multiple things for our ETPro servers some years ago and if you can just keep coming back every week and somehow make it interesting to play on the server every week then you can get a more or less active playerbase going.  We have had times where server was looking active every week for a few months and then suddenly out of nowhere none would visit again in the span of maybe two weeks and you would have to start from 0 again with a new event because you won't get these players back by doing nothing.

All in all it takes a great event staff and admins who know how to ref and know what the people like to get a permanent playerbase. And even if all of that is sorted activity can turn on you in the blink of an eye. Getting a playerbase on every day of the week is a step way too massive for now but you can try to create events on a weekly base and see how many are interested.

Some examples/history lesson 😛 :

Edited by Dest!Ny
  • Like 3

We've got a club with 112 members on the forums, surely it wouldn't be hard to set up a weekly event so we can at least get some activity on the server? Then after that people could start to give feedback on how they want the server configured.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I agree, do some nice Game-Events/ Tournaments and Change the Server config. For example: Enable Map Voting like on HC/Silent1 after a map finished (so Players wont leave when its a shit map..) Change Spawntimes (30axis,20 allies f.e.), Classes (1 Rifle max. per Team, max. 6 Landmines per Team, Panzer only allowed if there are at least 10 Players on server), Good Staff (I would be interested to do ref 🤗🙄 ), ...

Maybe just add the Standard 6v6 config and fix some things

Add good 15 min Maps that are playable on 3v3/6v6 and do maximum 20 Slots! 

But this shouldnt be only for F|A ETPro Club members.. I would publish this Server on every etpro community so we reach almost all etpro Players around the world :)

Maybe Add XPSAVE? :P

And add nice Colours so the Server gets Attention :)

A nice Event would be: 10v10 or 8v8 Baserace 

Maptime: 60 min

Team scoof vs Team XYZ for example

or Team blue vs Team red

if we have more Players we could do 2-4 teams

or Weekly 3v3 tournaments on sundays! 1 map per game, final with 2 Maps and on GTV! (Grand Final would be played on our ETPRO Server)

Edited by ScoOfi

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, ScoOfi said:

I agree, do some nice Game-Events/ Tournaments and Change the Server config. For example: Enable Map Voting like on HC/Silent1 after a map finished (so Players wont leave when its a shit map..) Change Spawntimes (30axis,20 allies f.e.), Classes (1 Rifle max. per Team, max. 6 Landmines per Team, Panzer only allowed if there are at least 10 Players on server), Good Staff (I would be interested to do ref 🤗🙄 ), ...

Maybe just add the Standard 6v6 config and fix some things

Add good 15 min Maps that are playable on 3v3/6v6 and do maximum 20 Slots! 

But this shouldnt be only for F|A ETPro Club members.. I would publish this Server on every etpro community so we reach almost all etpro Players around the world :)

Maybe Add XPSAVE? :P

And add nice Colours so the Server gets Attention :)

A nice Event would be: 10v10 or 8v8 Baserace 

Maptime: 60 min

Team scoof vs Team XYZ for example

or Team blue vs Team red

if we have more Players we could do 2-4 teams

or Weekly 3v3 tournaments on sundays! 1 map per game, final with 2 Maps and on GTV! (Grand Final would be played on our ETPRO Server)

I think you are coming with some good ideas already. We used to do our gamenights on SW with official servercfgs but switching to obj might bring some interesting changes to the standard.

The baserace idea is also neat. Relatively easy to set up and would just be a nice monthly thing or sth like that.

The weekly ODC will probably be a little too much to ask for. You could contact @Mufasa since he is already working on a 3v3 cup (not ODC) and recently also hosted a 1v1 cup.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

I think you are coming with some good ideas already. We used to do our gamenights on SW with official servercfgs but switching to obj might bring some interesting changes to the standard.

The baserace idea is also neat. Relatively easy to set up and would just be a nice monthly thing or sth like that.

The weekly ODC will probably be a little too much to ask for. You could contact @Mufasa since he is already working on a 3v3 cup (not ODC) and recently also hosted a 1v1 cup.

Thank you. Yes its all About the Server Config, Maps and Staff. Did you Play in past on CYBERGAMES ETPro public? They were 24/7 full. Just add the 6v6 cfg with some extra Settings like I said above, classes, spawntimes, mapvoting after a map finished, and 15min Maps that are playable on 3v3/6v6. Remove Maps like Oasis, fueldump, battery, railgun and  add all 3v3/6v6 league Maps! Host the Server in USA because we got already 2x EU Servers like Mike said, so we will have more Players from canada, USA, asia, Australia, around the world :)

Lets give it a try! I would ref this Server if you Need some help.. and we can just get Feedback/suggestions what we can do even better for the Players on Server :)

if we never try we'll never know :)

Just Change the Settings

https://et.trackbase.net/server/44319/

as mentioned above by destiny, with the current state of the etpro playerbase (and ET's playerbase in general) it will be difficult to have a somewhat decent amount of players that play on a regular basis UNLESS you want to host weekly events / gamenights.

the past has shown that this will last only for a couple of weeks, maybe 3-4 months if you are lucky. the activity will drop to 0 afterwards.

best of luck with your plan though.

i like the idea of a 3v3 cup hosted by FA and would love to participate in it.

• Like 1

your USA server appears to be down and set to stopwatch this is the server i hope will be used 

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=761700

stopwatch setting is limiting this server whilst competition players relish the idea of beating the other teams time most public players loathe having to play a map twice in a row. 

map voting would prob be best to utilize the most maps or a smaller campaign with xp save something like frost bremen braundorf radar supply adlernest delivery decay goldrush as an example

you cant make campaigns too big or they dont work. but you can make multiple campaigns and have them voteable or loopable something like 

* small maps  - frost adler delivery goldrush bremen brandorf 

* large maps - oasis fuel dump baserace italy radar missile

* 1 vs 1 maps - valhalla et_headshot frag arena

all maps and campaigns are examples only

i suggest doing a little bit of prep work on the server before you start populating it so players dont try it out not like something and never return

• Like 1