Jay1 Connecting issue

mayan

Yo,

So last night I connected on Jay1, it took a long time to connect, and when I got on the server my lagometer had constant red bars, but normal ping. Today I tried all sorts of stuff and made it worse, now I cant connect at all.

https://gyazo.com/52cf66b62b1cc7a115bf8f57d701ebe9

Console shows this upon connecting

https://gyazo.com/9684a7724f01f186dbfd0312a7778040

WinMTR

I tried your other servers and they worked fine just now, Im baffled.

Thx,

- Mayan

• Leader

=F|A= Puni reported having the same "...etguidauth..." problem on jay#1 today.

@Ann!b@l  once said that we can uninstall PB, since it does nothing for us these days.  I suggested the same to @Puni , but I don't know if he did it.

52cf66b62b1cc7a115bf8f57d701ebe9.png   This is from Mayan's first link.

• Like 2

• Leader

Here is FA-Puni's report https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/100342-lagging-badly/

He had mentioned the ...etguid.. problem when we were on jay#1 earlier today.

• Platinum VIP

Pretty sure this is the same problem I had a few yrs ago and I added these lines to my CFG, which seemed to solve it

pb_sv_enable
pb_sv_guidauth 0

• Like 1

• Leader
1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Pretty sure this is the same problem I had a few yrs ago and I added these lines to my CFG, which seemed to solve it

pb_sv_enable
pb_sv_guidauth 0

The "_sv_" in chose cvars should mean that they are server cvars.  I suspect that DD has turned off the pb_sv_ cvars.  ?

From 2004 on "Golden Turkey", speaking about the same error statement.

Add pb_sv_guidauth 0 to your servers cfg, restart your server, and you wont have this problem anymore.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

pb_sv_enable
pb_sv_guidauth 0

Placebo. Both are server cvars and wouldn't do anything good for client. 

• Platinum VIP
Just now, daredevil said:

Placebo. Both are server cvars and wouldn't do anything good for client. 

Seems that way, but weird that as soon as I added those lines, the problem stopped and I just never took them out of my cfg

• Like 1

• Leader
8 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Maybe it was a coincidence?? I know I started a thread about it a few years ago

(DD  beat me to it, again :D) 

Yes, coincidences can be the curse of troubleshooting!  I had reported to DD last week that a forum problem was now "fixed", but he had to burst my balloon 🎈 by saying that it was just a one-time coincidence. :(  I had to delete a Forum Announcement saying that we could all be Happy now!  😢

Edited by RedBaird
typo

Any resolution to this ? I cannot connect to Jay1 at all now, I can connect to all other FA servers though... 🤔 When I try and connect to JAY1

it starts to connect and the loading bar get full then it just exits to desktop.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, fisticuffs said:

Any resolution to this ? I cannot connect to Jay1 at all now, I can connect to all other FA servers though... 🤔 When I try and connect to JAY1

it starts to connect and the loading bar get full then it just exits to desktop.

I am on discord for next 15 mins. Pls ping me if u are on. I would be off on this weekend. We can do teamview and fix it for you.

• Love 1