Why Enemy Territory

DrSpreadem

So i was just wondering why we are all still addicted to Wolfenstein et  after all these years instead of playing the modern games please give your answers below 👍

For me the first time i got a pc was in 2004, my brother inlaw installed both Wolfenstein et and Medal of honour allied assault , i loved Mohaa untill all the servers died of which was a shame, i do own a console but have never been drawn to play online even with the games i have, tbh i dont like some modern games im more into the old fashion'd weapons and gameplay, for myslef Wolf et is pretty addictive and probably beats most games ive ever played and i will be sad when that day comes. Wolf et will some day die so lets keep it alive kids for as long as possible.🤔

• Like 6
  • 100 1

3 minutes ago, DrSpreadem said:

So i was just wondering why we are all still addicted to Wolfenstein et  after all these years instead of playing the modern games please give your answers below 👍

For me the first time i got a pc was in 2004, my brother inlaw installed both Wolfenstein et and Medal of honour allied assault , i loved Mohaa untill all the servers died of which was a shame, i do own a console but have never been drawn to play online even with the games i have, tbh i dont like some modern games im more into the old fashion'd weapons and gameplay, for myslef Wolf et is pretty addictive and probably beats most games ive ever played and i will be sad when that day comes. Wolf et will some day die so lets keep it alive kids for as long as possible.🤔

Liked what your saying here except that last sentence, I feel the reverse in this area for I have seen a surge in older games becoming more popular due to the nature of a classic way to test ones skill.  For instance

Older games still have there worth and give us a way to view what works in the gaming industry and how to build them for the future :)

Properly endorsed I feel that this game could have a very strong following in many pro gaming circuits just as a game like Tetris there has

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DrSpreadem said:

Thats pretty much how i got into W:ET when i was kid. My stepbrother installed it for me when i was like 10 years old.

Then i came back like 6 months ago or so just for nostalgia and been playing daily ever since.

Currently all i play is W:ET and CSGO. Somehow these "modern" games dont have that something that keeps me playing that game more than 20 hours.

• Like 2

I tried few new games, tbh I don't like their control , sometimes I don't want to learn new games. I gave my best try to Overwatch, I got free key from cousin. I played for a week , then stopped playing it and later uninstall. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Platinum VIP

Modern games are just too chaotic. The maps don't have a logical flow to them. There's so much detail, you can't even see anything until the last second. I suppose that's part of developing skills for those maps, but no thanks. You just run around and jump over debris, etc. Even simple things like public/team chat is ridiculous. To me, they're just not fun. No Trick Jumping, for example, makes movement more difficult. No custom CFG's. And they all have the same theme - modern day terrorist attack. And finally - the communities for those games will never, ever come close to the community that ET has always had. Us long time ET die-hards, even if we don't get along are like an extended family. I don't that in other games

• 100 3

It is simple to respond, a regret to be an old game, the graphics are great, the gameplay is excellent, and the idea of mapping with "missions" is something that I love to my liking.

Compared to the Counter or Call of Duty, the important thing isnt to know who is the one who the most killer,the important is carry out the mission, and as a team.

A part of all that, it was the game of my childhood (Since 2005), and I will continue playing it until the end of my times. 😁

W:ET 4EVER

• Like 2
  • Love 1

New games are bloatware,you have to spend 3 days downloading,installing,updating,making a whatever bullshit platform account,update the bullshit platform program,launch the game,download more updates then finally be able to play the game at 15 fps for 10 minutes until you give up and uninstall.

• Haha 2
  • 100 1

Personally, I have fun playing wolfenstein ET, since I like teamwork, for example, I defend here and your arms the truck, defend the tank and you defend this area, it is teamwork <3, In addition, the ET graphics, the gameplay, make it the best of the best :D

Comparing with the current games like the call of duty, fornite, among others, I personally like more ET ❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

For me it's the straight into action, object oriented, team gameplay. I have tried pretty much all big fps titles since the early '00. Usually I get bored after half an hour and uninstall. Best case scenario I watch the full walkthrough on youtube 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Platinum VIP
11 hours ago, Cumquat said:

New games are bloatware,you have to spend 3 days downloading,installing,updating,making a whatever bullshit platform account,update the bullshit platform program,launch the game,download more updates then finally be able to play the game at 15 fps for 10 minutes until you give up and uninstall.

Man, that is dead on. I forgot to mention about having to setup accounts on portal type sites just to be able to download the new game that you can only play by being logged into the portal type site (Steam, etc)

• Like 2

My first multiplayer game, i became addicted straight away. I guess i’m part nostalgic when playing it but i also like the fun of playing, the collective effort... ET is just the best!

• Like 2

was a rtcws slut  .tried et hated it .. my buddy kept pushing me to play et. got hooked ..et is like crack .. my pc wont handle new games. an ones i tired didnt have what et offers ..its the people  that make the game ..  never found cool enough peeps to hook me to another game . and teamwork when it does happen is best fun there is in  this world. and has been my scape goat from reality to long to change it.lol

question are u the mad doc from way back ..this isnt a new name in et

• Like 1
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

was a rtcws slut  .tried et hated it .. my buddy kept pushing me to play et. got hooked ..et is like crack .. my pc wont handle new games. an ones i tired didnt have what et offers ..its the people  that make the game ..  never found cool enough peeps to hook me to another game . and teamwork when it does happen is best fun there is in  this world. and has been my scape goat from reality to long to change it.lol

question are u the mad doc from way back ..this isnt a new name in et

i've only used this nick on the FA servers my previous name was Menace.😜

• Like 1