Super gold rush

ddog12340

I was thinkinbg of maybe putting this on etpub and hardcore its a veryyyyy fun map

The starting time limit is now 8 minutes. When the Allies steal the tank, the time limit will be extended to 20 minutes. When the tank gets past the first barrier, the time will be extended to 25 minutes. When the tank gets into the bank courtyard, the time limit will be extended to 30 minutes. This makes it for the Allies have to steal the tank quickly, but once they get it in the courtyard they have much more time to get the gold.

� Tons of things are now buttons you can press, and something (funny) will happen. See something that is by itself, or something that catches the eye? Try going up to it and pressing activate. Something might happen!

� Allies can flood the bank by pressing a button in the "Control Room". They can only press this button every 2 minutes. Flooding the bank will kill most people inside. Although this will kill people inside, while the bank is flooding no one can get into the bank. So use it when the time is right. Only Allies can press this button.

� Allies OR Axis can kill people in the bank entrance by pressing a button in the "Control Room". This will make a few spikes drop down from the ceiling killing anyone in their path. This button can only be pressed every 60 seconds.

� Improved lighting

� New textures in a few places

� You can now plant landmines on the bridge.

� There is now a room up high I now dub "the control room". Inside is a table and when you press a button a few special things will spawn on the table. There is also monitors there showing different parts of the bank. Also there are now buttons there that activate traps in the bank and you can see the traps in the monitors. (Great Fun!!)

� Most chicks taken out due to request by a few servers that wanted to run the map. In place of them are either new passages or new pictures.

� Easier to get inside the bridge

� MG nest by the 2nd tank barrier has been re-made

� A few buildings taken out

� Even MORE rooms and paths

� All bugs fixed (I Hope, since this if the final version and I won't be able to fix any after this)

� Tons of useless "decorative" structures removed to speed up compile time and to better FPS.

� Tons of stuff now caulked, even more caulk then the original goldrush so FPS *should* be better.

� Almost every clip (prevents people from walking or flying somewhere) removed; except for ones that are nessesary, like on stairs. This will allow you to go almost anywhere you desire but the downside is if you go up too high you will see much of the map invisible due to caulking.

� I included the .map file in the pk3 if you want to see how anything is done. I thought, well if the original goldrush is going to be open source then why not SuperGoldrush? Feel free to use anything I made in it as long as you give me credit in your readme (like I am giving credit to people).

Known Bugs:

� There are a few spots in which the FPS rate drops low. I have tried everything possible and no matter what I do this is not fixed.

� In one of the hidden underground tunnels, there is a spot that has a hall-of-mirrors effect. I have no clue what the heck is causing it. There is nothing there at all except what should be there.

� When the bank is flooding, if you are behind the bank and look up you can see the water rising into the air. LOL.

� When you flood the bank the announcer says the bank is flooding TWICE. Don't know why it does this it should only play once.

What was new in the previous version (SuperGoldrush2, the funner version):

� That middle tower thing is now hollow on the inside and you can climb up it.

� New spiral stairs in the bank

� New air vent in bank

� More tunnels with a few surprises ;)

� A teleporter somewhere in the caves in a hard to get to spot that teleports your right behind the bank.

� Many more rooms and paths

� A few bugs fixed

� New Lights in some of the darker rooms

� An even more efficient map which will give you lower FPS then even the original goldrush :D

� Better lighting even more then the original goldrush :)

� Slightly more efficient scripting here and there

� More realistic placing of the ambient music in the map (pvs)

� Allies can dynamite a "back door" in the bank to get the crates and escape easier.

� After truck reaches final spot game waits a few more seconds then normal before ending.

� New sniping spots

You can get INSIDE the bridge and shoot from there.

Random decor here and there.

New underground tunnels

Even more stuff I can't think of right now :(

What was new in the first version (SuperGoldrush, the fun version):

More rooms than original goldrush

Some clips removed

Better lighting

Some fun things like "you are an idiot."

New paths

Underground tunnels.

here is all the info on it and the donload page

Tell me what you think.?

Thanks,

Ddog./?

here is all the info and download page for it

This could be a really fun map for etpub to add. It would also be a good one for jaymod... Probably not for hardcore thought. I don't go in hardcore often so I don't know what the people there think of the same maps over and over and over again. But it's definitively a good addition for etpub and jaymod in my opinion.

It causes lag problems on servers, like the old versions of baserace, at least that's what I remember when DTDM tried running it years back. They might have fixed those issues now, but I haven't kept up on everything. Probably not the best map for hardcore though. ;)

Edited by Brisk

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhhhhhhh that demon thing in the tunnel scared me!!!

i was like : hmmm i wonder why does it says stay out? oh hey look a tunnel , i just need to ....(DEMON SCREAM)......HOLY QUACK!!! SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!!!!

dam you nullzilla!!!

DAM YOU!!

Bad map for ET pub and Hardcore servers. These servers are more focused on team play rather than fun.

There are lot of fun features there.ET pub is only 20 slots server, of which 50 percent players will be busy making 'fun' rather than doing any objectives.

I was thinkinbg of maybe putting this on etpub and hardcore its a veryyyyy fun map

go play on jaymod.

Reason why allies never win grush Gold rush has been proven to be a fail map, adding a second one would be a disaster.

Lol probably not a good version for a big server, specially with the secret room full of weaps with 10000 ammo :/ Panzer noobage to da max!

That's a good idea, i used to love this funny map :) and Goldrush is one of my favorite map of ET, must be why!

i was like : hmmm i wonder why does it says stay out? oh hey look a tunnel , i just need to ....(DEMON SCREAM)......HOLY QUACK!!! SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!!!!

dam you nullzilla!!!

DAM YOU!!

Lmao, hahahah, the first time i saw it, i really screamed, was like wtf is thattt!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dam you nullzilla!!!

DAM YOU!!

ahahahahah me too!! ahahahahahah!! XD XD XD f***in bastard!! I took a leap of two meters!! xD

uhm I wanted propose this map.. but maybe is too much nab...no more play, only disco, devils, discover secret rooms and others.. so it would be nice to have this map on jay1,2 or 3..my opinion =P