Does Ol' Smoke text too much??

Ol Smoke

Do I bother your game when I text in the game?

I was asked to stop texting the other day, and I just wondered if it screws up your game when I do it?

I know that when Mandi first came on he was texting a lot and there people complaining, so I don't want to be like that.

One of the things I like to do is spec someone and text him things about his gameplay.  Mostly Sgt. Assault and Drake.

Let me know.

Who told you to stop texting?

Don't worry I got warned for balancing teams.

Smoke don't listen to the haters do what the schlong does and keep talking and keep the server entertaining.

Love Wolfie!

• Like 3

I can see that people think of it as critique, but honestly, i would love it to have such a person hover over me in spec ;)

Just keep on doing what you are doing, nothing wrong with that ;)

• Like 2

Most people generally don't care for being spectated. It's a bit distracting, especially if there's commentary.

That said, there's no rule on yappin' so talk away. As long as it isn't spamming there's nothing wrong with it. Some people can put a god damn tampon in.

Who told you to stop texting?

Don't worry I got warned for balancing teams.

Smoke don't listen to the haters do what the schlong does and keep talking and keep the server entertaining.

Love Wolfie!

Ah haha. I've been warned for it too in the past. Take evidence, do it anyway. Screw the robots that can't use common sense.

• Like 2

• Leader

Do I bother your game when I text in the game?

I was asked to stop texting the other day,   ..........

I know whatcha mean, Brother-in-Spam!   :D

• Like 1

Honestly, only since you asked, yes it does. But, it doesn't bother me enough to say anything, and you are playing the game. That is why I enjoy TS so much, but nobody has been on lately while I am playing COD4, and even than I haven't been playing that much.

What really bothers me, is when people are in spec just typing away a full conversation, or are in game but not moving or playing, just typing away. When that happens, I will kindly ask to move the convo to steam or evolve. While the game does have a chat function, it is very distracting to those trying to admin and play, at least for myself. Because we have to keep an eye on the chat for general well being of the server and when asked to spectate someone. Not saying you cause this, at all, but this can also explain why some admins will miss request to spectate somebody or requests for other admin functions. They have become numb to the chat, ignoring it, because if they did try to read everything that comes through it (at times), they wouldn't be able to play at all. I would prefer chat be only for gg, saying hi, and trying to contact admins. Just my 2 cents though.

Nope doesn't bother me at all Smoke. I mostly ignore chat that is why I get in trouble when there is a hack and I missed it :)  I mean honestly, I am there to play most of the time not to chat, so I ignore it.  If you really want my attention, tell me to go to TS and I will gladly chat there.  Although even then I have a tendency not to talk much as I am PLAYING the GAME.  It is nothing against anyone, I just focus on what I am doing and don't pay attention to much else.  Game play is my way of getting away from the real life for at least a 30 minute map.  I do appreciate your chat when I do pay attention to it :P   I don't see any rules against chatting.  You are not trolling, you are not spamming, so feel free to wear your fingers out.  Most people sit in spec and chat, not much said there.  It is when someone becomes nasty, rude, a troll, or spamming that it becomes an issue.  IMO 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

doesn't bother me one bit. hell I use it as a way to distract them for easy kills. when your as bad as me you gotta use every advantage possible. hell u and I have some good matches taking and holding a building or two. besides nobody is forcing people to type or to even read the chat so I don't really see why itd be a problem. besides. uve been in the server longer than some of these other pups that's showing up now days, I think that gives you some extra pull. lol

• 2 months later...