The best sport to lose weight?

hisoka

Maybe swimming could be good for you. As Unknown* said, it may hurt you to go running when you're a bit heavier, so I think swimming could be the solution, because you don't really have to carry your body weight. The risk of getting an injury during swimming is low and you use a lot of muscles while swimming. It also develops endurance. You can do a lot of different things. If you find swimming to the other side of the pool and back for the whole time boring, you could try to find a way to make it more interesting. Maybe you can set challenges for yourself, like "I'm going to try to swim ... meters in ... minutes." and after a week or two you try to swim the same distance a bit faster. Maybe you'd also like aquajogging, I read somewhere that that burns pretty much calories too, so maybe you could switch between swimming and aquajogging? I don't know what you like to do, maybe you could go to the gym besides this. But swimming is great in an outside pool / lake when the weather is nice, so maybe that's better than going to the gym at a beautiful day? c;
Sometimes at the swimming training I go to we have some periods that we can choose to swim with oversized T-shirts to build up strength, and I'm pretty sure that burns more calories too... 

Eating the right food is also important.

I don't know if this helped you, but I like swimming a lot and I think it could be a good way for you to lose weight. Or well, maybe you get leaner but stay at the same weight, but muscles are more dense than fat, it takes less space? So I think it's worth a try, and if you really don't like swimming, you should try something else you like, because if you do something you dislike, it's not really going to work; you should do what you enjoy, you'll probably struggle a lot if you do something you dislike and don't give 100%. 

Good luck with your weight loss and finding something you enjoy - and holding on to that! :3

EDIT I: Unknown* said that you should exercise before breakfast, but I thought that your body would take proteins from the muscles then. You probably burn a little more fat, but I don't know, I'd probably eat a little bit with some proteines and carbs... Some people who work out on an empty stomach will feel very dizzy or faint, so watch out for that if you're going to do that. 
EDIT II: Green tea boosts your metabolism, you could drink like 3 cups a day. :3

If you're just trying to lose weight 30 minutes of 60-70% of your own max intensity (for aerobic capacity), 5-7 times a week; combine with muscle hypertrophic training to increase basal metabolism, 3 times a day. Assuming you do not have any machines at your disposal, you should at the very least get a kettlebell and/or two dumbells (2kg each is plenty) and include, at the least:

-Warmup 5-8 minutes jump rope (for plyometric calf contractions and cardiovascular preparation)

-Deep squat (3 times 8 repetitions, hold one 2kg dumbell in front of you with stretched arms. Each repetition should include the deep squat position for 10-15 seconds)

-Lunge; advance to lunge steps whenever able. You may use two 2kg halters in each arm hanging down during the lunge to increase weight. Make sure you stay in the sagittal plane (meaning, do not sway to the left or right)

-Push-ups if able. Start by sitting on the knee if you're unable to perform the correct one. You can either focus on your upper arm muscles by making sure your arms and elbows are parallel to your body while performing the pushup, or focus on your chest muscles (which I would opt for, they have a greater bearing on metabolism) by increasing the distance between your hand and body.

The how-to on squats and lunges are easily found on youtube.

People very often make the mistake to limit training to cardiovascular training such as running, while every valuable article on the subject tells you to include muscular training. I'm studying to be a physiotherapist :)

If you're actually training to be running marathons or whatever then you should include anaerobic capacity training, which basically means you run at 60-70% but beyond 30-40 minutes. That's usually the point where you're starting to feel ill, hungry, thirsty, dizzy and all that crap.

/e No rest between repititions, 1-2 minutes of rest between each sequence of 8 repetitions

//e As to the actual sport, swimming > running > cycling.

Edited by Raoras

I lovely cycling. It's such an addictive sport to get into. I don't know if it's just us men who love our shiny bits of kit, but the combination of fitness and being able to fix things yourself and upgrade things yourself makes cycling so much more than just a sport. I hope you get into it like I did recently!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The best I tried was jiu jitsu... I learned it in a militar regiment (expert fighters) of my country.

Quite an experience. Effective in all senses.

Martial arts have the virtue of working with the body and the mind. Is all about respect and honor.

• Like 1

From football (running sports) and swimming can be most quickly loses weight (Regarding spots)

I am thin I am 174 cm tall and weighs 58 kg, I coach football, you can try when summer arrives, go to the pool before peered how much you weigh and after swimming, see how much you lose weight :)

• Like 1

I believe that running is the best .

But you have to run at a good pace .

Should run four times a week.

The key is running slowly for a long time ( 10, 15, 20 km) , at a slow pace .

Once a week , do interval training .

You will be able to eat what you want, if you run a regular basis.

The diet does not work :) .

I eat what I want , kebabs , pizza, drink beer , and I'm slim.

If you learn your muscles regular exercise will burn fat all the time:) 

• Like 1

I eat what I want , kebabs , pizza, drink beer , and I'm slim.

If you learn your muscles regular exercise will burn fat all the time:) 

You are young, try to do the same things when you will have 40 :P

You are young, try to do the same things when you will have 40  :P

Certainly it will be a little harder , but running addiction  :)

For two weeks I'll be running a half marathon:)

• 4 weeks later...

Try a combination of healthy food and sports. But remember when you sport like 4 /5 times a week as I do, your body needs more healthy food and rest.

I use the combination of gym and running which is really good if you want to lose weight. But don’t run to fast! You need to control your breathing and keep your heartbeat 50 beats below your maximum (220 – minus age). You will burn fat instead of carbohydrates. If you want to train your condition you will have to speed up and do interval training 2/3 times a week. But once again take enough rest.  Try to take a walk for example and skip a training if you feel exhausted.

This year I am going to train for the marathon. It will take some time ;)

Kind regards,

Monk