GUID

Gravemaker

My game says invalidate user information?Put my GUID in notepad then paste it to main and PB folder.Nothing works at all.So, -?|?-Gravemaker is my name till it's fixed somehow.Thanks for reading...

• Like 1

Not sure what you have done. The fastest option to fix it, get new etkey from www.etkey.org, paste it into etmain folder. Connect to game, type in console /pb_myguid (enter) /condump newguid.txt and copy the last 8 digits from your guid and update your profile. that's what i would do.

It must be something basic, question is what...

Summing all basic things might solve things for you:

-run et as admin like von rantala said

-start jaymod (mods->jaymod before connecting), type /name =F|A=Gravemaker

-type /seta pb_cl_enable

-connect to the server

If this doesn't work, download etkey here: http://fearless-assassins.com/etkey-enemy-territory/index.php. Follow the instructions from this tutorial: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/200-how-to-get-a-new-etkey-guid-since-pb-dropped-et-support/. Repeat the procedure above.

If you don't understand any of the steps, feel free to ask. Hope the solution is somewhere in these basics.

• Leader

Gravemaker, does that "providing invalid information" prevent you from playing, or does it just sometime pop up when you play?  I get it occasionally, and it repeats a bit, but I can still play.

===========

I removed my etkey file from etmain and tried to run ET.  The game refused to join an FA server and replied in an ERROR window, "You have an invalid GUID.  This might be a temporary problem, and you should try reconnecting."

I get the same error with a badly-constructed etkey file.

The PB_guid in my profile is not the same as the numbers in my etkey.  That means that the numbers in the etkey is a "seed" to generate your GUID from.  

Thanks for all the help, I have all the things done you guys said.Now my tags might have to be set again???Still get kicked for tags, will wait for a admin to set levels, or try something more.May the force be with you all...always!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help, I have all the things done you guys said.Now my tags might have to be set again???Still get kicked for tags, will wait for a admin to set levels, or try something more.May the force be with you all...always!!!

Use the Tracker to let Recruiting+ know where you need levels. Also grab one of them on xfire and ask if they'd be able to help set you up :)