Croatian - Post your questions here

How strong is "Serbian Hating" trend? :/ 'cause i love Croatia,and i have a lot of friends there,and i don't dislike Croatians at all,even though my family has been moved out and whatsoever,it's just that i don't give a damn :D That was past,and stuff happens.But whenever i go on a Vacation,i see a couple of bad looks whenever i say some Serbian word,at some places people won't even sell me "hleb" untill i say it as "Kruh" (bread) and i know they understand me.But i have to say,for this couple of years i go to vacation in Istra,i have never had one incident.Soo,Viva la Croatia!
:D

Oh crap,this is about language,sorry for missing the point of the topic :o 
Just to give some balance,is "djir" more of an Italian word only used at some places,or its common for entire Croatia?

Edited by Burn
  • Like 1

That trend is slowly but finally dying. When the new generation comes, the ones not so affected by war, it'll get easier. Youth of Croatia is welcoming already, as is youth of Serbia. As I hear, we're always been nicely met there. There's some things we can't forget and will never forget, but it's not the fault of the entire nations. Serbian people who lived in Croatia all their lives were forced to leave their homes when war began, and I'm really sorry for that and for what happened to your folks. It wasn't fair. We'll overcome it though, both sides will :)

Đir is used only in Dalmatia, it's sleng in a dialect. I believe it comes from Italian "gitta". We use it as a expression for going out on the town, strolling around, hanging around..

:)

• Like 3

HAHHAHAHAHAHA Just saw

Kralj lavova 2: Simbin ponos

"ponos" means - proud!  And in all eastern Slavic languages it means "proljev" or "diareja"  lol  :D  :D  :D  (sorry for little off-top) but I can't stop laughing

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 1

HAHHAHAHAHAHA Just saw

Kralj lavova 2: Simbin ponos

"ponos" means - proud!  And in all eastern Slavic languages it means "proljev" or "diareja"  lol  :D  :D  :D  (sorry for little off-top) but I can't stop laughing

ponos means pride, not proud :P

ponosen - proud

Edited by Aniky
  • Like 1

You are nearly shared the same language, are you not? :P

Yeh they are somewat similiar, tho there are most of the worlds that are different or at least slighty different.

We have differences in our languages. He knows how to speak mine really good, I don't know his :)

NP, still got a lot of time to teach u being perfect slovenian girl :D

Edited by Aniky
  • Like 1

That trend is slowly but finally dying. When the new generation comes, the ones not so affected by war, it'll get easier. Youth of Croatia is welcoming already, as is youth of Serbia. As I hear, we're always been nicely met there. There's some things we can't forget and will never forget, but it's not the fault of the entire nations. Serbian people who lived in Croatia all their lives were forced to leave their homes when war began, and I'm really sorry for that and for what happened to your folks. It wasn't fair. We'll overcome it though, both sides will :)

Đir is used only in Dalmatia, it's sleng in a dialect. I believe it comes from Italian "gitta". We use it as a expression for going out on the town, strolling around, hanging around..

:)

It's a good thing that its fading away,in Serbia it depends from the general IQ level of the area heh,anyone with a tiny bit of brain doesn't hate Croatians,many older people have friends and relatives from Croatia(my family from mothers side lived there for 16 years) so i too have a lot of friends there.Oh and no need to apologize,it's not like its your fault :D

Djir was the word that was the first word i heard when i visited Croatia for the first time when i was younger,so it also has a symbolic meaning,since it reminds me of the past :D

But i just looved Bitange i Princeze,and Rene Bitorajac is probably one of my favorite actors ! So many good stuff from Croatia

• Like 1

So many good stuff from Croatia

Guys, ja gledam Dora Istrazuje sada, (kao malo dijete :) lol), ali ima jako puno dobre rijeci na ucenje!
Ja sam razumijevanje gde to o 70-80%

Super za smotrenja ovo

(Imagine how I felt after Russia invade Ukraine, have wars with neighbors like Georgia , denounced all Baltic countries...)

haha, naučili novi glagol: Veslanje -->  ot veslo ! :)

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 2

Auu,kad se setim Dore ahaha,she can get quite annoying after some time :D
And yeah,with Russia it's a similiar situation,too many people are suffering everywhere...

Ahah nice :D 

• Like 1