Jay2 map request/suggestion

tipsy

• Administrators

Well people like songs most of the time... but you are correct they can be spammed and hence we have vsay protection.. I don't think spamming is an issue on jay3 anymore. 

• Administrators

I try to add some. Just give me name of program to optimize those files.

audicity is what i use.. But also do note that sometimes if you optimize it.. sound would change and in that case if KB is not saved much ... just leave the file as is... 

• Like 1

Done. :) I have packed two folders (128 bit rate is that "fa" folder, whereas, 64 bit rate folder is in main catalogue) into that zip file. There is quality difference between those two versions. I would suggest to put nonetheless the version with 128 bit rate quality, due to the fact that this soundpack is not huge one. It is just a few Megabytes. Hope all is alright.

What about map voting system? It works perfectly on hc, silent. It would be great to run it. And crucial thing, 64 slots are useless, neither we reach even 30 players, nor it doesn't bring any benefits. For that reasoning, there are following aspects: I remember when there were 50-60 players on server, it wasn't playable, spikes laggs. Secondly, players don't like playing 30 vs 30, they prefer 20 players maximum per team, the more players the more laggy it is. And finally, I don't insist to have 40 slots for ever, just for the time being until server gets populated more. Maybe when the players see by clicking "play online" that there are just 25/40 players on server, they would come eagerly than when they see 55/64. Please let's check it. If it won't help, then you can set it back to  64.

What about map voting system? It works perfectly on hc, silent. It would be great to run it. And crucial thing, 64 slots are useless, neither we reach even 30 players, nor it doesn't bring any benefits. For that reasoning, there are following aspects: I remember when there were 50-60 players on server, it wasn't playable, spikes laggs. Secondly, players don't like playing 30 vs 30, they prefer 20 players maximum per team, the more players the more laggy it is. And finally, I don't insist to have 40 slots for ever, just for the time being until server gets populated more. Maybe when the players see by clicking "play online" that there are just 25/40 players on server, they would come eagerly than when they see 55/64. Please let's check it. If it won't help, then you can set it back to  64.

I dont like vote system, then we start see same maps time after time, we have servers where is vote system, its good that we have different servers, servers where is more slots, server where is vote system, server where is friendly fire on etc... its a lot better to have different servers than many servers what look like same. We have jay2 regulars because they like current jay2 system, like i. So its better that we not have vote system, then we see whole map rotation. On slots i vote that lets keep that on 64 slots because then we can run gamedays in Jay2, if we drop that slot amout we cant run gamedays in Jay2 anymore. Plus we have servers where is smaller slots amount. Slots amount not affect server populity in my mind.

I only encouraged to use vote system due to the fact that if we do not have many players on server, then not every map is loaded. For example, minas map needs 32 players on server to be loaded. We don't even reach to 30 players. So, the suggestion is to change map loading settings to these: 16, 64 in bigger maps like temple, minas, subway, trmfght_beta2 , am_hydro_dam. Small maps can be as they are like 0, 40. 

Well, I've never had any problems with jay2 settings untill it became more  empty than full. Now some changes are inevitable. Like the rotation problem, cause we don't play all the maps in rotation and that's sucks.

So, the suggestion is to change map loading settings to these: 16, 64 in bigger maps like temple, minas, subway, trmfght_beta2 , am_hydro_dam. Small maps can be as they are like 0, 40. 

Ahh right it was also possible on etpub. Mmm... so let's with this what is in quote. And take a look at the latest map proposal i gave. It's more about map sequence and 0,64 thing.

Voicechat is done.

Edited by *Teacher*

• Administrators

hi guys on bba0-beta2 great map but bots have no waypoints greetings be paranormal

Thanks for reporting. Added waypoints on Beginners #1 and Jay #2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beerun should be removed. During this map nearly 10 players just disconnect when this map was on.

Edited by *Teacher*