NHL Playoffs Pool 2014

meow

Here is everyone's choices. Looks like we all agree on Boston being in the final! :P

Good luck to everyone.

I will update this thread after every round with the results. Feel free to discuss about the games here if you want!

post-13787-0-09486500-1397689171_thumb.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I was at work! And I'm pretty disappointed right now...

Without considering the pool...only one team that I wanted to win, actually won (Boston). The 7 other ones lost...

Here are the results.

post-13787-0-71099600-1398976548_thumb.png

post-13787-0-06308600-1398976549_thumb.png

• Like 2

I'm pretty disappointed right now...

ditto here. man, i can't believe san jose choked again. i picked them to the bitter end. and i took philly over the rangers, the blues to beat the hawks, avs over the wild...

im out before the second round begins  0_o

• Like 2

ditto here. man, i can't believe san jose choked again. i picked them to the bitter end. and i took philly over the rangers, the blues to beat the hawks, avs over the wild...

im out before the second round begins  0_o

san jose choked since 6 or 7 years ......biggest chokeur ever and joe thorthon for capitain chokeur

:lol_3: 

I hate people who not know how to respect another fans!! San Jose is good team! I love hockey because most of fans know how to respect another fans! Thats why we have handshake after playoff series that its act of respect!!

Joe Thornthon is good hockey player. Its always easy to abuse someone who lose or fail!

Love the Hockey!! Respect players and Fans!

• Like 3

yeah joe thorthon is a very good players but in the serie is the biggest chokeur ...i just tell the reality dude....san jose have the team for win the cup since 6-7 years but they make nothing in playoff ...for that i can tell the san jose shark are a choking team in playoff...i respect the fan ...i respect the players ...i just tell the true reality

:sorry  but is reality

I hate people who not know how to respect another fans!! San Jose is good team! I love hockey because most of fans know how to respect another fans! Thats why we have handshake after playoff series that its act of respect!!

Joe Thornthon is good hockey player. Its always easy to abuse someone who lose or fail!

Love the Hockey!! Respect players and Fans!

Don't expect too much from a Montreal fan!  :)

I know I'll probably get them all wrong because my teams always lose this year but I'll try to predict the series.

My predictions:

Boston in 6

Pittsburgh in 7

Chicago in 5 (I'm sorry Von but it is gonna be a massacre if Bryzgalov has to be the goalie for the whole series)

LA in 6

What I truly want:

Boston wins (only series I actually care)

Rangers wins (don't care much about this but it would just be fun to get a different team)

Minnesota wins (I'm tired of seeing Chicago winning lol)

Anaheim wins (get LA outta here. :))

Edited by meow
  • Like 2

i play hockey since i have abount 5 years and i watch hockey since i have 6 years...i am able to respect my opponen and this true for handshake after a serie....meow with all the respect you merit the san jose shark have a great team since 6-7 years .....but they make nothing in playoff with this wonderfull team....they have all element for win the stanley cup but THEY MAKE NOTHING in playoff...for that i call the team a choking team...no disrespect just reality dude

They don't have "all the elements". They only have the offense. And it is defense that wins championships.

They don't have a Top-10 goalie and their defense is good but not amazing (like Chicago, Boston).

• Like 2

yeah you have a point ....first it true you have no goalie at san jose.....for the defense it only correct....but my point is the shark have a very good season since 6-7 years and when the playoff begin...they make nothing for this reason i call you re team  a choking team...for joe thorthon it the same think when he play with boston...he choke in playoff....i can compare the shark with the vancouver canuck...same think they play great in season but he make nothing in serie.....sans rancune meow

Yes Matt i can understand you point that they (SJ) play great in regular season but not so good in playoffs. But you cant find many teams who played great in playoffs and regular season too! Not so many in NHL currently! Boston and Chicago are couple good teams who play great in regular season and playoffs. Lately Pittsburgh start lose playoffs too even good regular season. Your team Montreal has great regular seasons too but they not go long for long long time. Last time 1993 if im correct. San Jose has more wins in Playoffs last ten year than Montreal and many another team like Wild too! Stanley Cup is hardest professional trophy to win in the moment. If you can go to playoff its big effort already I think!

In you Thronthon argument i cant agree that neither! He has 149 game in playoffs and 100 point! I know what you mean he has not so good in playoffs than regular season but you cant find many players who is better in playoffs than regular season! Not easy find many :) Ofcourse you/we can find players who has couple good playoff season what are better than his regular season but that usually mean that they not play good regular season. Its importat get good points in regular season too that team has chances go to playoffs!!

Its always good when NHL/Ice-Hockey cause positive debate, like now :)! And i just try justify my arguments :) . You have own reasons and right to believe what you believe at San Jose and Thronthon but i just say what i think about San Jose and Thronton. Why i want say my opinion too is that i follow SJ one season when my biggest idol Niittymäki play there so i know that team!

Thank you!!

• Like 3

you have reason on many point von ,but san jose finish 1 or 2 in this conference since 6-7 years with a very good team.you can not compare san jose with montreal...you can compare san jose with vancouver.so many time san jose was favorite for stanley cup and they make nothing in serie. for joe thorthon is not only the stats show me the performance in playoff...the leadfership, the overal game ...defense game...i can tell you patrice bergeron is not the best in offense but he is a best players for boston bruins and he was a very good captain

Yes mate! I can understand you arguments and point! Yeah true only points not show everything.

Usually its easier to be good in regular season than playoffs because in regular season you can play agaist weaker teams, In playoffs you play only agaist very good teams and Stanley cup favorites! Its so hard to go to long in Playoffs! Was nice to depade with you Matt! We will depade many times and always friendly. Its fans duty to say what they think! They duty is show love of they own team! :D

Now wild game continue

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1