NHL Season 2013-2014

von Rantala

Agree with Meow ... Bylsma is NOT really a good coach, he was fortunate to take over a Team full of all-stars, and while it worked ONCE, when everyone was healthy and played with hunger and desire ... we see what a good coach does when faced with adversity and if he leads his team to victory despite it or not. Bylsma kept his team in it during the regular seasons, been when the heat really turned up in the playoffs he and his team crumbled. Look at his results in the Olympics as well, when matched against equally talented teams with better coaching, he got schooled, plain and simple. And perhaps his biggest bonehead move was benching Dustin Brown during the Medal games in favor of a guy like Vanek who had ZERO POINTS all tournament, and you saw how helpful he was for Minnesota too ... while Brown will be leading MY Kings to their 2nd Stanley Cup. Smart move Bylsma ... have a seat in the unemployment line, because I don't think he's getting another Head Coach job this go round, maybe after a year off, but we'll see.

And mattdg_QC ... Fleury is FINE, and has won a cup before, the issue is that the TEAM doesn't play a defensive structured system that helps bail-out the goalie. Look at my Kings team as an example, the D men are always back as well as the F3 "Center" Forward for a fast outlet pass and to cover ... rarely do teams spend much time on the cycle in the Kings end of the ice, it's usually perimeter one and done shot's from the outside, and then the Kings are back on transition. Pittsburgh is too all about the flash and dash of high tempo high scoring offensive games and tries to win 5-6 type of games, and not the substance and grind it out hockey like my Kings where they are comfortable and confident winning 1-0 and 2-1 type of games.

fleury it not the same since he win the cup....for me it not then 10 best goalie since3 years....and i agree with you when you say the penguins are not a defensive team...it is for that i am agree with  fired the coach bylsma...but my only point to take defense of bylsma is the goalie fleury, he is not the same goalie now then he win the cup :yahoo

I don't think Bylsma is that much of a good coach. I mean....he had an all-star team (Crosby. Malkin, Neal, Letang...) and still managed to lose every year in playoffs. Yeah I know he has one Stanley Cup but he joined in the 2nd half of that season. We'll see where he goes (I'm pretty sure a team will take him) then we'll know how good he really is!

Yeah but lets remember that Bylsma lead Pittsburgh in playoff when they lost Crosby for one season, as they lost Letang and most of defenders too in this season. Neal was long time out too as Malkin was out couple year ago. In past three season Pittsburgh have Crosby, Malkin, Neal and Letang same time in ice only ten or twenty game and still Bylsma lead team long in playoffs. Last year he lead team in C.F where Rask win Pittsburgh alone. This season they lost in game seven. When you take out Crosby PIT has only one good line. Second line cant do anything. Crosby and Malkin must be healty that they can have two good line.

And mattdg_QC ... Fleury is FINE, and has won a cup before, the issue is that the TEAM doesn't play a defensive structured system that helps bail-out the goalie. Look at my Kings team as an example, the D men are always back as well as the F3 "Center" Forward for a fast outlet pass and to cover ... rarely do teams spend much time on the cycle in the Kings end of the ice, it's usually perimeter one and done shot's from the outside, and then the Kings are back on transition. Pittsburgh is too all about the flash and dash of high tempo high scoring offensive games and tries to win 5-6 type of games, and not the substance and grind it out hockey like my Kings where they are comfortable and confident winning 1-0 and 2-1 type of games.

I agree with matt! I think Fluery is most overrated goalie in last five-ten years. He is very irregural. In couple last years (not this season) playoffs he was AWFUL he lost couple serie for alone and Vokoun save Pittsburgh in last year agaist New York Islanders. In my goalie list Fluery is not even top 15 goalie. He has very lucky that he play in great team. If some of top 10 goalies in league get change to play team like Pittsburgh maybe they have one or two cup more!

But everyone has they own opinion :) I saw a lot Pittsburgh games when i watched Flyers couple season ago.

Tonight Stanley cup finals continue is time to second game LAK lead serie 1-0

New York Rangers - Los Angeles Kings

Explanations = F|A members teams von Rantala = Minnesota Wild, Pepsi and D..X = Toronto Maple LeafsZigzag = OttawaSl@yer = Calgary GermanKilla = Colorado

Thundercats and Cicione = Chicago ©, LA Kings Fan = Los Angeles, Mathieu and RefL3x:> = Montreal, Yomero, Jaymee = Pittsburgh,  NHL leading team (L)

Applicants teams: Meow = San Jose and Philadelphia

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

Yeah but lets remember that Bylsma lead Pittsburgh in playoff when they lost Crosby for one season, as they lost Letang and most of defenders too in this season. Neal was long time out too as Malkin was out couple year ago. In past three season Pittsburgh have Crosby, Malkin, Neal and Letang same time in ice only ten or twenty game and still Bylsma lead team long in playoffs. Last year he lead team in C.F where Rask win Pittsburgh alone. This season they lost in game seven. When you take out Crosby PIT has only one good line. Second line cant do anything. Crosby and Malkin must be healty that they can have two good line.

I agree with matt! I think Fluery is most overrated goalie in last five-ten years. He is very irregural. In couple last years (not this season) playoffs he was AWFUL he lost couple serie for alone and Vokoun save Pittsburgh in last year agaist New York Islanders. In my goalie list Fluery is not even top 15 goalie. He has very lucky that he play in great team. If some of top 10 goalies in league get change to play team like Pittsburgh maybe they have one or two cup more!

But everyone has they own opinion :) I saw a lot Pittsburgh games when i watched Flyers couple season ago.

yep fleury is not the same goalie since he win the cup but i agree for fired bylsma  because he have a dream team execpt goalie and he do nothing good with that

I don't really mind who wins the cup, I'm cheering for the Rangers because they're the underdogs so my opinion is, I believe, unbiased but...

I only started watching at the 3rd period and oh god did the referees helped the Kings come back. I know you won't agree LA_Kings_Fan, but the 3rd goal was goalie interference.

I don't think it deserved a penalty, but the goal should have been disallowed. McDonagh is just holding his position and not letting anyone in front, then King (I think?) ends up in the blue paint and really block Lundqvist from making the save.

And couple of minutes before the 4th goal, there was a blatant high-stick to the face of Zuccarello that wasn't called. I mean, even the NASA guys in space saw it o.0

I hope the Rangers can get up from this lose or else it's gonna be a short final...and as a hockey fan who has no team in final....it sucks.

fun fact: LA has not lead any of the 2 games at all, not 1 second lol

Edited by meow
  • Like 1

i am happy for LA kings......what a great victory!!!!!!!!!!!  what the show they two team give and finish at second overtime more ....you can not want a better game in general.............but only one think, i am enable to accept the nhl not protect the goalie....i am agree with meow the third goal is not good because goalie interference...lundqvist can not move because the players of L.A block him and for me it a 2minutes of penality.....montreal have lost price because a contact with a players of new york...it is a small  revenge for me and the canadiens but in the futur, the nhl must to chek this contact....

congratulation to  l.a_kings_fans for you re great victory and  the kings take the lead 2-0 in the serie 

YES best news after game six loose. J.Harding will be healty when next season starts and N. Bäckström as well. They are my favorite goalies. This is so gooood news, im so happy. We not need R.Miller now. Im trust that our goalie tandem Harding and Bäckström can lead us to Stanley and both are goalies who can win Vezina as well :) After season end i start thinking what will be look our new Wild in 2014-2015 season and Harding and Bäckström healty again was my biggest wishes second is that we get Jussi Jokinen and third is that we get Zenon Konopka back :) This news feel so good as we win Chicago. After this good news i finally can forget that our season end too earlie. This feel is one of reason that i love hockey so much :) Thanks wild :)

• Like 1

guy do you think the rangers can come back with 2-0 against new york rangers in the serie????????????????... for me it impossible then the rangers came back in the serie,,L.A win the cup  this years, for sure.....i tell in 6 before but now maybe in 5..............

B)  B)  B) 

Kings not lead a second in this serie. Little bit like Wild vs Colorado. Yeah i still believe that NYR win cup. Not watced any of games because i have no time watch games if Wild not play.

Tonight Stanley Cup Finals continue Los Angeles lead 2 - 0 But now its NYR home games

Los Angeles Kings - New York Rangers

Explanations = F|A members teams von Rantala = Minnesota Wild, Pepsi and D..X = Toronto Maple LeafsZigzag = OttawaSl@yer = Calgary GermanKilla = Colorado

Thundercats and Cicione = Chicago ©, LA Kings Fan = Los Angeles, Mathieu and RefL3x:> = Montreal, Yomero, Jaymee = Pittsburgh,  NHL leading team (L)

Applicants teams: Meow = San Jose and Philadelphia

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

guy do you think the rangers can come back with 2-0 against new york rangers in the serie????????????????... for me it impossible then the rangers came back in the serie,,L.A win the cup  this years, for sure.....i tell in 6 before but now maybe in 5..............

B)  B)  B) 

anything is possible but im afraid its over for NY im kinda rooting for LA but would be nice to see Nash and Stlouie win a cup i think LA wins in 6

• Like 1

anything is possible but im afraid its over for NY im kinda rooting for LA but would be nice to see Nash and Stlouie win a cup i think LA wins in 6

for me new york have not the team to come back then 2-0 in serie....only chance for rangers is lundvist if he goal a amazing  game 3-4 and the rangers can take advantage the ice advantage...if new york are able to put serie 2-2 all it possible...but for me i think the serie are over at this time ...L.A win in 6......... :drama

And we said it was over for LA when they were down 3-0 against the Sharks...

And we said it was over for Rangers when they were down 3-1 against the Penguins...

And we said Boston vs Chicago would be in Finale (the majority said that)...

Look what happened? It's gonna be hard, but I wouldn't count the Rangers for dead.

They got robbed last game and LA has not taken the lead once in the first 2 games...we'll see what happens.

Edited by meow
  • Like 1

congratulation to la_kings_fan  for this great victory......special mention to jonathan quick for this amazing game....and is good for my pool.........go L.A go...3-0 in serie maybe finish in four

:yahoo  :yahoo  :yahoo