The display driver "amdkmdap" has stopped responding and has recovered.

GoldenWings

hi guys i need help

my et freezed very often becouse :The display driver "amdkmdap" has stopped responding and has recovered.

I have tried all the drivers for the card, it is :cry

always the same.than i was read this :http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946/en-us

and i think it help me this part:Method 1: Increase the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) processing time by adjusting the Timeout Detection and Recovery registry value

i also testing fix it but not work it

I miss the registry entries that need to be entered for method 1 :(

can everyone help?

Try other fixes first before messing with the timeout settings, can damage your hardware in the worst case. This error can have endless reasons from software to hardware. Google the error message and you will find 1000 solutions or no solutions that help you, this seems to be really tricky in some cases.

Had the same errors (just with nvidia card) some months ago and after trying everything I could think of and what google offered, only a new mainboard solved it.

I think that in the end comes out the same for me

I think I have tried everything what i could do

this trouble comes even after a freshly installed system

t looks as if the driver had nothing to do with it because I've tried out everything

even if I have all the drivers up to date or was still no
it is always the same

his error always comes when something needs to be graphed

also helps because no new driver .    i have really tried much :cry

I am beginning to think it is the power supply and the voltage because it's the only thing I have not checked because I have no idea where and how much voltage must be

for me it is quite generally stupid because I miss a few people on jay 3

I would not want anyone thinking I had no desire to gamble

I have just  this stupid( freeze me) problem

and I think I can assure there is no driver update or problem

I just tried everything already

simply wishes happiness to me I can bring it back somehow in

if not I will soon have to buy me a new pc

thanks to all who have helped me ;)

special thanks to anni

because you're really getting the first if I have Propleme and you really take you much more time for me

thx mate :P

ahhh and before i forgeted yes seti you was everytime suport me very good too thx  to both !!!

As said already, there are endless reasons :( That your video driver is stalling out doesn't mean the problem is caused by the video driver or videocard, can also be some other driver or faulty hardware which is basically blocking the cpu too long.

You can have a look at the dpc latencies with latencymon http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Download here: www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

Start the program and click the green "play" sign. Then change to tab "drivers" and sort the list by "Highest execution (ms)".

Should look something like this

post-11075-0-52987300-1376668020_thumb.jpg

If there are a bunch of drivers permanently reported with more than 10,000 ms for example you can try to narrow it down to a specific driver or device by disabling them one by one and see if it gets better.

If you don't understand it give me a call in xfire ;)

• Like 1

• Administrators

I assume you are using Win7, first thing you want to do is update motherboard bios, then update your audio driver, then run AMD uninstall utility to remove the old driver (http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx) and then install the latest driver.

• Like 1

@ joe

hey joe

I've already tried everything

after  new installationswin 7  is everything alright the problem is caused by the gpu getting through the installation

I've tried every driver and any catalyst version everytime the self than

when I disabled the graphics card is allready ok and it is sufficient for the normal operation

The problem is when I use the cpu disable   I have no open gl :lol2:

and it can not be that I can use my gpu because of this error no longer

anyway, thank you so much for the tips and ideas

sometime I get this again in order

and before i forget it: aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh  i miss to play on  jay 3 :unsure:

greetings Play

You use Win7 64bit right? Maybe try it with a 32bit version, or even XP since your hardware is not the newest. It seems like all your troubles started when you switched to Win7 or? Just a guess...

You can download Win7 Testversions everywhere, it runs for 90 days without product key.

I have two full versions here win 7 64 and 32 bit

yesterday I changed from 64 to 32 because I thought it might help

but was not as

I find strange that after  new installations he will not runs with orginal cd from gpu.looool

and all driver update after install  orginal cd . cant fix it too. i dont know maybe i change to linux:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm... I have yet to see that error, but I've used nothing but AMD graphics cards for the past 2 years so I'll do my best to help :) Two things I need to know though, what's the model of your GPU? Onboard or PCI/PCIe?

I have heard people reporting that booting into safe mode and running a program called "Driver Sweeper" has helped them. Another thing that might help is turning off hardware acceleration. I believe that option is in the advanced graphics setting, under the Screen Resolution control panel.