Need a new gaming laptop

Wifestein

I'd still upgrade the CPU to an i7 quadcore, but indeed, the GPU and screen are already better for the same price. Didn't look that up originally, but it makes it a better deal now indeed :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd still upgrade the CPU to an i7 quadcore, but indeed, the GPU and screen are already better for the same price. Didn't look that up originally, but it makes it a better deal now indeed :)

Yeah I will upgrade the CPU, do I also need to upgrade the memory to 8MB (instead of 6MB) for an extra 75euro? or is that one not that important?

Yeah I will upgrade the CPU, do I also need to upgrade the memory to 8MB (instead of 6MB) for an extra 75euro? or is that one not that important?

It depends what you are using it for.  I use mine for programming, homework, games etc.  I have 6 games currently installed and a few other programs and my c drive is almost full (6GB).  The other 6 I haven't touched.  I would recommend upgrading to the 8mb? or is it supposed to be GB?

I upgraded the memory of the Dell myself; it really is that easy.

I don't think you need 8GB straight away, so go for 6GB and once you discover that it is not enough (probably if you start multitasking heavily, things like that), then you can always upgrade later.

Besides, I still consider 75E for the upgrade of 2GB to be way too much :P To compare, I paid 100E a 16GB upgrade.

I upgraded the memory of the Dell myself; it really is that easy.

I don't think you need 8GB straight away, so go for 6GB and once you discover that it is not enough (probably if you start multitasking heavily, things like that), then you can always upgrade later.

Besides, I still consider 75E for the upgrade of 2GB to be way too much :P To compare, I paid 100E a 16GB upgrade.

Or you could do this. ^^^^

I always like to do it at the time of buying, because I usually have the money then, don't have to worry about it, know I won't break anything and usually costs the same if you do it in the future.

Mmmh I don't multitask when I'm gaming lol...also, I only use like 80GB of my c drive, probably even less. I hate having a lot of things on my laptop or installed lol. I like to keep it clean.

Do you need more memory when you're playing games that require better memory? Or games don't require that? Laptop I have now is just 2GB I think, if that's called RAM that is. I'm a computer noob.

Atm I only play League of Legends anyways, as long as I can run that, Wolf:ET, CoD4, Vindictus and a few others games I'm fine with it :) I can play all the games I want to play on my M11x eventhough those specs are much lower. So I guess the extra memory thing shouldn't be needed?

Well if you are using the computer mainly for gaming and keep it clean then no.  Your best option would be what Rolf suggested and upgrading in the future if need be.  Just don't break this one. :P

It's an Alienware. Those generally don't break until you throw it out of a window or are called alex... :P

Gamers aren't the nicest people to their laptop.

But if you are currently satisfied with 2GB, it is not really necessary to upgrade to 8GB. It will be a couple of years before 8GB is necessary for gaming, and by that time your GPU is already quite outdated.

I bought a MSI GE70 a couple of months ago, and Im REALLY satisfied. Its silent, 17,3-inch screen, GeForce 660M graphic card, and best of all: it doesnt get warm! For example I play Dishonoured and Skyrim with NO problems.

Downsides: No Blue Ray player, crappy speakers.....and.....its not THAT pretty to look at, but who cares? :rolleyes:

http://compreviews.about.com/od/deskreplace/fr/MSI-GE70-0ND-033US.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Grrrrr, guess I'll check all the other laptops in this topic. Dell cancelled my order because they're shit and don't have it anymore. Could have removed it from their god darn shit site sooner. I'll have to wait atleast 2 weeks before I could order a new one though because my dad is in Italy for 2 weeks, leaving tomorrow. FML. Not buying one from Dell that's for sure. Not buying anything there anymore. They can all burn in hell, worst company ever. Already been waiting 2 weeks for my Alienware. I'm an angry dinosaur that wants to eat all of them.

Grrrrr, guess I'll check all the other laptops in this topic. Dell cancelled my order because they're shit and don't have it anymore. Could have removed it from their god darn shit site sooner. I'll have to wait atleast 2 weeks before I could order a new one though because my dad is in Italy for 2 weeks, leaving tomorrow. FML. Not buying one from Dell that's for sure. Not buying anything there anymore. They can all burn in hell, worst company ever. Already been waiting 2 weeks for my Alienware. I'm an angry dinosaur that wants to eat all of them.

Say what? That's crap and I am sorry.  Do you not get a credit for the order?

That sucks alex. Unfortunately, if the laptops aren't available, you are basically screwed. Even though Dutch law states differently.

Didn't they offer you a 'better price' on the new 14?

Say what? That's crap and I am sorry.  Do you not get a credit for the order?

All they'll do is send me the money back

That sucks alex. Unfortunately, if the laptops aren't available, you are basically screwed. Even though Dutch law states differently.

Didn't they offer you a 'better price' on the new 14?

No, they didn't even do that, grrr