Thank you F|A Community

Methuselah

I felt like sharing this with you all. I have some down time in my hotel today as I am on a three day business trip. During my flight I thought about what virtues communities might possess. Community is related to my work on this trip and most likely the trigger for these thoughts. Virtues can be applied communally, individually and I am sure in other ways. The following popped up in my thoughts about community. A community that I might prefer is aware, cheerful, cleanly, committed, courteous, dependable, diligent, fair, friendly, helpful, reasonable, respectful, sincere, and trustworthy. There are others I thought of but the list is long enough as it is.

Forwarding to the end, bypassing the work related thoughts on this subject I thought about the most recent community I became part of which is of course F|A. I asked myself what it is about this community that causes me to write in the forums, log in to xfire, and load up Wolfenstein Enemy Territory each day when I have some down time. There are many other clans out there so why F|A? I ask myself. So I broke it down and found out why.

I have played on many servers of many clans. I had visited other servers of other clans before playing on the server I play at now. I also visited other servers during the first weeks I started playing on the server which I now play. In my experiences with these other clans and servers it eventually dwindled down to the server which I now play on which is F|A. It has become obvious to me that the very word “clan†which is for this form, defined as a group of people, as a clique, set, society, or party, esp. as united by some common trait, characteristic, or interest, and although the other servers might uphold that definition they lack something that F|A does not. That something is community.

In this community there are players who have added in their own way to my consistent return each day. They have all met me briefly or in some detail as I have conversed with each one at various levels of deepness and content. Each one has welcomed me in their own way and has made me feel a part of this community.

I would like to list the following players and thank them for creating a positive environment and inviting me in. Blackguard, Joe Dirt, Rainier, Warninja, IronChef, Valentino, Fight, Fith, Hecken, GIjoe, SMee, Shaky, Flow, Cimpy, DJ, Navy, Medic, Thumper, Forsworn, FEM, Savage, Yoyo, FB!, Butterz, Husa, Sfinxter, Onionknight, and Baska. I look forward to meeting more members of the community. Thank you again and have a wonderful afternoon.

Edited by Methuselah
  • Like 1

Why the hell I'm at the end of this list? :P

1)-It is surely thanks to me today you were a drunk ...

2)-and then I always tell you that a lot of talking :D

Btw u r damn nice guy and its fun to talk with u ...

P.S: i decided to start useing translator to talk with u a lil more :P

if u dont understand me im sorry but english is not my native language

XoXo

Baska

P.S 2: i think u should meet F257 he likes to talk a lot too so u can have a great convo together

f257 always type a lot of essay's here u should read one of them :P

<3 u francis

1)-It is surely thanks to me today you were a drunk ...

2)-and then I always tell you that a lot of talking :D

Btw u r damn nice guy and its fun to talk with u ...

P.S: i decided to start useing translator to talk with u a lil more :P

if u dont understand me im sorry but english is not my native language

XoXo

Baska

P.S 2: i think u should meet F257 he likes to talk a lot too so u can have a great convo together

f257 always type a lot of essay's here u should read one of them :P

<3 u francis

Some say Save the best for last. =) Thank you for the kind words Baska.

• Like 1

• Administrators

My suggestion. Only say "Thanks" or player name in your main post if you really know him / her or if you know 100% they are cool.

There many players who ask me to write something good in their application and I never do. I never use my 100 million $$ vote for someone I don't know much.

If in new year future if you are member and some regular ask to put some good words in their app thread, never do it unless you know him well.

@Other Each members / regulars vote count in application section. Don't throw it out just because someone keeps asking to write some nice thing for him.

Lol I am before you. MUHAHAHA not last !!!

My suggestion. Only say "Thanks" or player name in your main post if you really know him / her or if you know 100% they are cool.

There many players who ask me to write something good in their application and I never do. I never use my 100 million $$ vote for someone I don't know much.

If in new year future if you are member and some regular ask to put some good words in their app thread, never do it unless you know him well.

@Other Each members / regulars vote count in application section. Don't throw it out just because someone keeps asking to write some nice thing for him.

Ya LOL I see that 2 times last month. Some idiot from another server (who doesn't even play on jay2) would come and be like "can you check my app" and I would be like "I don't check apps. I am illiterate"

• Administrators

Ya LOL I see that 3 times last month. Some idiot from another server (who doesn't even play on jay2) would come and be like "can you check my app" and I would be like "I don't check apps. I am illiterate"

Easy way to rescue yourself from that is ask for money. Looks cheap but it works perfectly awesome. Sometimes, few other server admins keep bugging me all time to fix their server for those things which are already fixed or it's their in manual. But who the hack wants to work when all can be done by asking same thing 20 times in 3 mins.

I never charge any admin to fix their server or if any players need help. But when I don't want to help I say donate to F|A bills and I will help and they are like wtf! Why we should pay you? I am like you pay for your server to your host and still they don't do shit. So, you pay their and expect support from 3rd party for free? After that they never bug me.

But that happens only if they piss me off by asking same thing 20 times or if they have bitched on our clan / members before.

aww <3 u too baska

+1 hulk

by the way could you re-post a shorter one so i can read it :?:

An F2 translation

I am on a business trip and i have something to say. I have been thinking about what makes a great community. the last community i joined was F|A . Why is it so attractive i ask myself? Thinking bout it i figure out

its cos F|A is about the people as much as the server ; with most other clans its just about their server. No soul to speak, just a corpse. I would like to thank some people for making me feel this way. I look forward to meeting more people

Sorry for my late postings; glad you enjoy the ride and hi :hi

and shit lol that is an ingenious way to rescue yourself dare :P

aww <3 u too baska

An F2 translation

I am on a business trip and i have something to say. I have been thinking about what makes a great community. the last community i joined was F|A . Why is it so attractive i ask myself? Thinking bout it i figure out

its cos F|A is about the people as much as the server ; with most other clans its just about their server. No soul to speak, just a corpse. I would like to thank some people for making me feel this way. I look forward to meeting more people

Sorry for my late postings; glad you enjoy the ride and hi :hi

and shit lol that is an ingenious way to rescue yourself dare :P

I have heard a great deal about you F257. It is a pleasure to meet you. I finally have Vent so I will be using it. Hope to hear all your happy voices =)

Edited by Methuselah

That was a nice post :) I aswell look forward to talking with you. Only thing is; is I don't intend on playing on the "always-full" Servers that have like 40+ People on it at all times. It lags me too much. So you should come join a few games in the EtPub server or Hardcore :D