Thank you F|A Community

Methuselah

[quote name=Josh/Faded :)' date='02 January 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1262495918' post='51652]

That was a nice post :) I aswell look forward to talking with you. Only thing is; is I don't intend on playing on the "always-full" Servers that have like 40+ People on it at all times. It lags me too much. So you should come join a few games in the EtPub server or Hardcore :D

Yeah I will stop by. Also, now that I have Vent I can also chat with all of you there =)

There many players who ask me to write something good in their application and I never do. I never use my 100 million $$ vote for someone I don't know much.

well then why the hell we paying for servers if you have $100 mill :P

Methuselah is definitely quite "long-winded" on the servers but I guess that is what makes him the "character" that he is! :lol:

I'm not as gregarious and outspoken as you so that explains why I'm not on the list. :confused

In any case, I think you nailed down the exact reason why I continue to come back to the F|A servers. There was another clan server before this that I kept going back to (most people here know about it and it was the most popular before F|A came along) and the only reasons were:

a) community of players, good or bad, who kept returning so you always know eventually you'd bump into the regulars again

B) admins who just let people play, blow off steam, enjoy themselves and have fun

After all, if I couldn't enjoy myself on the server, have fun and blow everyone's brains out on-line, there'd be no sense coming back. Oh yeah, also to read the occasional hilarious rants and raves from others on the server too.

Good thoughts you noted. What do you do for work BTW? I used to do the consulting thing for many years and it was tiresome. Have been working at a FT position locally and it's nice to sleep in my own bed each night and reconnecting with friends here on the weekdays. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

aww <3 u too baska

An F2 translation

I am on a business trip and i have something to say. I have been thinking about what makes a great community. the last community i joined was F|A . Why is it so attractive i ask myself? Thinking bout it i figure out

its cos F|A is about the people as much as the server ; with most other clans its just about their server. No soul to speak, just a corpse. I would like to thank some people for making me feel this way. I look forward to meeting more people

Sorry for my late postings; glad you enjoy the ride and hi :hi

and shit lol that is an ingenious way to rescue yourself dare :P

Very well put F257. When my internet has returned I look forward to seeing and talking more with you. You are a fellow long message poster, it would be wise to stick together. lol.

Methuselah is definitely quite "long-winded" on the servers but I guess that is what makes him the "character" that he is! :lol:

I'm not as gregarious and outspoken as you so that explains why I'm not on the list. :confused

In any case, I think you nailed down the exact reason why I continue to come back to the F|A servers. There was another clan server before this that I kept going back to (most people here know about it and it was the most popular before F|A came along) and the only reasons were:

a) community of players, good or bad, who kept returning so you always know eventually you'd bump into the regulars again

B) admins who just let people play, blow off steam, enjoy themselves and have fun

After all, if I couldn't enjoy myself on the server, have fun and blow everyone's brains out on-line, there'd be no sense coming back. Oh yeah, also to read the occasional hilarious rants and raves from others on the server too.

Good thoughts you noted. What do you do for work BTW? I used to do the consulting thing for many years and it was tiresome. Have been working at a FT position locally and it's nice to sleep in my own bed each night and reconnecting with friends here on the weekdays. :rolleyes:

I could not figure out how to add multiple quotes to prevent a double post. If you wonder why I have two consecutive posts that is why. If you know how to fix this please inform me as double posts are in my view spamming a thread unless there is a reason for the double post (consecutive). Thank you.

As soon as my internet has returned I will be on again. Currently I use a library computer to reach the forums. I play mostly on Jay 1, sometimes you will see me on hardcore and NoQ. If you use Ventrillo I will be on there as well. Nice post and it was pleasant to read, thank you for sharing that =). Take care and will see you in game or on vent relatively soon.

Very well put F257. When my internet has returned I look forward to seeing and talking more with you. You are a fellow long message poster, it would be wise to stick together. lol.

quite indeed. together we stand,divided we fall as they saw. If one where to exstend the simple greeting from 'hi' to 'hi my name is how are you im hoping you feeling fine todayt welcome and so forth' it can be seen that the poster is not only acknowlding the others existence and offering a branch, but also taking time out to not so much off a branch as a tour and giving the person a welcome warm feeling of being needed and wanted . in thurn the newcomer will more likely ro rember the extender gretter for taking such an intrest , and so the seed will have taken root as it were. though many complain about the essays, i forsse the problem as either a lack of appreciation for the modern english languagne whereby nowadays such common phrases like hi how are you have been replaced with hi! how r u ? and as such to see such a throwback to civilliastion is such the culture shock that ot displease surely must be the only way ,or esle to appear displeased for fear of returbtion form the osciety at large. whilst it does indeed take longer to read a story than a summarisation - from- humpty dull sat on a wall ,Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.All the king's horses and all the king's men.Couldn't put Humpty together again- to - humpty dumpty was an egg that fell and couldent be put back together - it does allow for a greater insight and apprecviation of the text, allowing one to fully immerse themeselve and enjoy the story, allowing for freedom to interpet the story and re-imagine as they please. nonetheless, whilst its true that reading a full text is time-consuming,its also true that writing such text takes some time and so for convenice sakes one may have to put 'this poop happend' but when the time is avalible one must surely be able to try at least once, for if you dont shoot for the stars how can you ever say you truly ever tried? and so it must b e agreeed that even if it is an expendtuire that is alie to one, the satisfaction in expressign such joy is unbound and impossible to justyify written down. this though leads to a nother justified problem in that ehat language to put down? english,after all, is , perhaps suprinsgly, not the worlds most commone language. but for the majority of the audience here , english it seems is sufficent enough and so whilst some may have trouble comprheding such oddities, it can be seen the logic to descirbe the bus as a big red 4 wheeled moter vehcile with benches inside fit for two . another problem , tohugh perhaps smaller, is that its one thing to know a language its another to perfect it . i acknowledge my spelling is one for distatse, but it has been rpovern that people wil get the gist of the word if certain letters are in place. though i fail now gto find the example ,i may do so later if i wish to. but to eend the circle that has been traversed long i say this - i agree therfore that we, the breathen of an ancient kind so long lost and so far few in numbers , should stick together though i warn thee now the fury is often washed upon thee and so it must be that the road we travel is rocky and hasten by the fury of the others. whatever wind, rain, sleet or snow comes i advise you t not give up but to carry on marching through rome and conquer all that the eye can see!

Welcome , my borhter - from this day forth your journey may begin

An edited PS

No i will nbot be supplying a summary as too rich a cheese this is to divide and expect to still satisfy from

quite indeed. together we stand,divided we fall as they saw. If one where to exstend the simple greeting from 'hi' to 'hi my name is how are you im hoping you feeling fine todayt welcome and so forth' it can be seen that the poster is not only acknowlding the others existence and offering a branch, but also taking time out to not so much off a branch as a tour and giving the person a welcome warm feeling of being needed and wanted . in thurn the newcomer will more likely ro rember the extender gretter for taking such an intrest , and so the seed will have taken root as it were. though many complain about the essays, i forsse the problem as either a lack of appreciation for the modern english languagne whereby nowadays such common phrases like hi how are you have been replaced with hi! how r u ? and as such to see such a throwback to civilliastion is such the culture shock that ot displease surely must be the only way ,or esle to appear displeased for fear of returbtion form the osciety at large. whilst it does indeed take longer to read a story than a summarisation - from- humpty dull sat on a wall ,Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.All the king's horses and all the king's men.Couldn't put Humpty together again- to - humpty dumpty was an egg that fell and couldent be put back together - it does allow for a greater insight and apprecviation of the text, allowing one to fully immerse themeselve and enjoy the story, allowing for freedom to interpet the story and re-imagine as they please. nonetheless, whilst its true that reading a full text is time-consuming,its also true that writing such text takes some time and so for convenice sakes one may have to put 'this poop happend' but when the time is avalible one must surely be able to try at least once, for if you dont shoot for the stars how can you ever say you truly ever tried? and so it must b e agreeed that even if it is an expendtuire that is alie to one, the satisfaction in expressign such joy is unbound and impossible to justyify written down. this though leads to a nother justified problem in that ehat language to put down? english,after all, is , perhaps suprinsgly, not the worlds most commone language. but for the majority of the audience here , english it seems is sufficent enough and so whilst some may have trouble comprheding such oddities, it can be seen the logic to descirbe the bus as a big red 4 wheeled moter vehcile with benches inside fit for two . another problem , tohugh perhaps smaller, is that its one thing to know a language its another to perfect it . i acknowledge my spelling is one for distatse, but it has been rpovern that people wil get the gist of the word if certain letters are in place. though i fail now gto find the example ,i may do so later if i wish to. but to eend the circle that has been traversed long i say this - i agree therfore that we, the breathen of an ancient kind so long lost and so far few in numbers , should stick together though i warn thee now the fury is often washed upon thee and so it must be that the road we travel is rocky and hasten by the fury of the others. whatever wind, rain, sleet or snow comes i advise you t not give up but to carry on marching through rome and conquer all that the eye can see!

Welcome , my borhter - from this day forth your journey may begin

An edited PS

No i will nbot be supplying a summary as too rich a cheese this is to divide and expect to still satisfy from

I enjoyed your written words. I once learned about spelling and comprehension of the people reading miss spelled words from a Yale study. The study was a while back and I don’t recall the source that I located the article on however here is the gist of the study. They placed the first and last letter of a word correctly however they jumbled up the letters in between the first and last letter. They wrote a message this way and people were able to read it and understand it as if there were no spelling errors. I am prepared for rough criticism as it is part of the risk we take. The audience is diverse in all the ways the word can be used, I suppose. I also improve myself by writing full replies, or I attempt to. I consider it practice. I am a very poor speller; I write my messages in word then paste them into the forum. I also am very choppy in my thinking and writing. I will randomly place a sentence into a message that is out of place. This can occur because my thoughts are scattered around and I write how I think or at least I try to. Leaving your mark is profound. If I am able to cause someone to think more, they in turn are also practicing by sheer coincidence as they just read and the reading sinks in by default, I suppose. I think my landlord is embezzling funds because our cook hasn’t been paid and neither has our cable or internet bill for the past two weeks. He also lost his job about a month ago. I am not sure but it is a possibility. I went back home for the weekend which is why I am able to write this.

I felt like sharing this with you all. I have some down time in my hotel today as I am on a three day business trip. During my flight I thought about what virtues communities might possess. Community is related to my work on this trip and most likely the trigger for these thoughts. Virtues can be applied communally, individually and I am sure in other ways. The following popped up in my thoughts about community. A community that I might prefer is aware, cheerful, cleanly, committed, courteous, dependable, diligent, fair, friendly, helpful, reasonable, respectful, sincere, and trustworthy. There are others I thought of but the list is long enough as it is.

Forwarding to the end, bypassing the work related thoughts on this subject I thought about the most recent community I became part of which is of course F|A. I asked myself what it is about this community that causes me to write in the forums, log in to xfire, and load up Wolfenstein Enemy Territory each day when I have some down time. There are many other clans out there so why F|A? I ask myself. So I broke it down and found out why.

I have played on many servers of many clans. I had visited other servers of other clans before playing on the server I play at now. I also visited other servers during the first weeks I started playing on the server which I now play. In my experiences with these other clans and servers it eventually dwindled down to the server which I now play on which is F|A. It has become obvious to me that the very word “clan†which is for this form, defined as a group of people, as a clique, set, society, or party, esp. as united by some common trait, characteristic, or interest, and although the other servers might uphold that definition they lack something that F|A does not. That something is community.

In this community there are players who have added in their own way to my consistent return each day. They have all met me briefly or in some detail as I have conversed with each one at various levels of deepness and content. Each one has welcomed me in their own way and has made me feel a part of this community.

I would like to list the following players and thank them for creating a positive environment and inviting me in. Blackguard, Joe Dirt, Rainier, Warninja, IronChef, Valentino, Fight, Fith, Hecken, GIjoe, SMee, Shaky, Flow, Cimpy, DJ, Navy, Medic, Thumper, Forsworn, FEM, Savage, Yoyo, FB!, Butterz, Husa, Sfinxter, Onionknight, and Baska. I look forward to meeting more members of the community. Thank you again and have a wonderful afternoon.

Ya, I hear you man. I have only been playing ET for about 6 months, all of that time on FA servers. I think I like it hear because we have the diversity of people who care about their stats, and are serious gamers, people who care, but aren't good and want to get better, and people who just come to play to chill out. I think thats why I enjoy playing here a lot, and also, I have met many good people, and some noobs (Organic, FU QUEER), and I have had fun.

I enjoyed your written words. I once learned about spelling and comprehension of the people reading miss spelled words from a Yale study. The study was a while back and I don’t recall the source that I located the article on however here is the gist of the study. They placed the first and last letter of a word correctly however they jumbled up the letters in between the first and last letter. They wrote a message this way and people were able to read it and understand it as if there were no spelling errors. I am prepared for rough criticism as it is part of the risk we take. The audience is diverse in all the ways the word can be used, I suppose. I also improve myself by writing full replies, or I attempt to. I consider it practice. I am a very poor speller; I write my messages in word then paste them into the forum. I also am very choppy in my thinking and writing. I will randomly place a sentence into a message that is out of place. This can occur because my thoughts are scattered around and I write how I think or at least I try to. Leaving your mark is profound. If I am able to cause someone to think more, they in turn are also practicing by sheer coincidence as they just read and the reading sinks in by default, I suppose. I think my landlord is embezzling funds because our cook hasn’t been paid and neither has our cable or internet bill for the past two weeks. He also lost his job about a month ago. I am not sure but it is a possibility. I went back home for the weekend which is why I am able to write this.

Ah i beleived it to be a cmabridge study,though perhaps it is always conceviable i am eother wrong or perhaps there was more than one, But yes, you indeed have the gist for it. Indeed, i am humbled by your wlllingless to brave the fury of the storm and strike upon the eye of the hurricane .The audience is only as diverse as the words and meanings themselve - if we know a big red metal thing with wheels with benches inside fit for two is a bus, then we presume your talking bout a bus - but if the audience think your talking about a milk float than ahhh..suddenly it all changes. The fact you past into word and copy from is a mark of dedication ; ui tend to just write and then correct anything i immiedtly see. i just cant spell full stop, neither in life nor online. It can be seen your artsitic side is coming thorugh. do not leave it dead. bring out, finish your orignal though then nurture your neww though. for example right now i belive in a fight between the wolfman and the adombile snowman , the snowman would win on account of having opposable thumbs and thus th e ability to wield a rifle. do not think of it as sheer conifidence , rather leaving out cookies and milk and seeing who is brave nuff t o venture out and takke the opputinatry, If i were you id follow your landlord round. if he starts hanging round iwth a person wearing a pig head and a pupppet that looks like a creepy version of MJ, be very scared indeed