FA HC & Silent Servers

Waffles

99% when they are full there is at least 5 specs, with maybe 1 FA member. They spec for 2 to 3 maps at a time.

When the server is full it is certainly necessary to have at least one member who can help regulate teams and ensure that things are going well, even if it is a spectator! Also knowing that someone who plays may not always be aware of what is happening ...

So they sit in spec and and click to spec someone else each map. They still did not play for 3 maps and took up space on a full server, when other could actually join server and play. The server are there for people to play not spec, if thats not the case then I am wrong. You can put a rubber band around your mouse and it will auto spec someone if you ar afk.

If they are sat at their PC watching people play, they can stay. And the rubber band trick wont work either.. At the end of a map, do /team s and then hold your mouse1 down until the next map starts - I highly suspect it will not be recognised as 'clicking' when the server loads the new map. Most keystrokes are only 'caught' once the map is loaded.

Basically there is no way to stay in spec for more than 1 map without being kicked, if you are not actually at your computer.

However, I have put my idea forward to the silEnT team and I believe they will go for it.

Edited by Chuckun

• Administrators

Slot is all yours for 25$/year :)

Hack even one movie costs around 15$... Don't tell me you guys don't watch even 2 movies in one year..

http://fearless-assassins.com/store/category/6-private-slot/

i will have to disagree, and i am very strong on my point. there are certain people who are spec for 3 or 4 maps in a row or more. this should be concerning to the clan, seeing that Enemy Territory servers are dying, (minus ours). hardcore is one of the best FF servers out there, and new people who find themselves trying to connect may just give up after a few seconds due to the duration of wait, and possibly could be a lost gamer. think of it like a business, do you want your new customers leaving the store without buying anything?? once a newbie plays here, they will probably love it and come back, if someone is trying to connect for 30 minutes, they may not. every clan ive been in kicked specs after 5-10 minutes when server full, and this makes total sense unless they are recording demo. this is a gaming server not a server to just watch people while you stuff your face or go wash your balls....,

• Like 1

i will have to disagree, and i am very strong on my point. there are certain people who are spec for 3 or 4 maps in a row or more. this should be concerning to the clan, seeing that Enemy Territory servers are dying, (minus ours). hardcore is one of the best FF servers out there, and new people who find themselves trying to connect may just give up after a few seconds due to the duration of wait, and possibly could be a lost gamer. think of it like a business, do you want your new customers leaving the store without buying anything?? once a newbie plays here, they will probably love it and come back, if someone is trying to connect for 30 minutes, they may not. every clan ive been in kicked specs after 5-10 minutes when server full, and this makes total sense unless they are recording demo. this is a gaming server not a server to just watch people while you stuff your face or go wash your balls....,

While I agree that there are always people AFK doing nothing in HC, getting a private slot is the answer.

My question is, does it kick someone out when the server is full, when someone with a private slot joins?

• Administrators

While I agree that there are always people AFK doing nothing in HC, getting a private slot is the answer.

My question is, does it kick someone out when the server is full, when someone with a private slot joins?

No. With private slot it doesn't kick anyone. It would just allow you to join our server even though server is full since one slot will be always reserved for you.

Normally when server is full and if player it not doing anything in spec, he/she would be auto kicked after 30 seconds.

If you are inactive for 90 seconds you get auto move to spec and if you are afk in spec when server is full you get auto kicked after 30 seconds so new user can join.

No. With private slot it doesn't kick anyone. It would just allow you to join our server even though server is full since one slot will be always reserved for you.

Normally when server is full and if player it not doing anything in spec, he/she would be auto kicked after 30 seconds.

If you are inactive for 90 seconds you get auto move to spec and if you are afk in spec when server is full you get auto kicked after 30 seconds so new user can join.

Am I allowed to buy private slot for HC, or Silent?

i have to agree with Canparamedic, there are some days on hardcore when non-admin specs stay there map after map, sometimes even 8 maps or longer. i have done it by mistake forgetting i was still in spec after 2 hours coming back and playing. but trying to connect some days seems to take forever.

kuddos to canparamedic for policing this. as with some of the other admins, he'll warn and then boot them after a couple of maps as it gets full. unfortunately there doesnt seem to be an auto-kick for specs after a couple of maps so when someone like him leaves, specs take up the empty slots again.

its an obvious indication of how popular that server is. players dont want to leave because they know its sometimes hard to get on so they'll sit in spec until they feel like playing again. frustrating to those regulars trying to get on.

/my_2_cents

Just a headsup on what you think happens to players in spec, I have sat in spec for hours afk, I fall asleep sometimes in lazyboy, wakeup hours later, wake my putors up and I'm still in spec.lol.

and there are times to I sit in spec for hours watching players on one monitor, read the news on another, track my weather systems on another, have world of warcraft going, etc.

its so easy - when server is full, people stay in spec for ages - then they deserve a kick. specing or not. alot of ppl ask via xfire - cuz they cant join server. more then 2 maps in spec is useless. when there is someone fishy player they just have to ask an admin for help. but staying in spec for hours ( yes we have some ppl ) is worthless. and my way to handle it is the !kick command. i ve never seen a topic bout me - in the complain section - so it must be right. i also dont have to ask before - i see it on xfire which one is moving and which one is just hang around in spec. i have problems to connect too, cuz server is full.

weAsel.