Problem with ETkey

StyLz

Hello all i need some help from you because i have a problem with the ETkey , i downloawed it and put it in etmain ( i'm on windows 7 64 bits ) next i went on a server and i wrote in the console

/pb_cl_enable

/pb_system 1

/pb_writecf

/reconnect

I come back on the server i play a little to get some XP i left the game and i come back and my XP is reset to 0 , i dont know what to do help me please :)

From Chuckun's etkey tutorial:

Note: On some installations of Windows 7, you may also need to copy your new ETKey file to: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain\

Also, tell me what happens when you type /cl_Guid to your console in the main menu.

• Leader

/pb_cl_enable

/pb_system 1

/pb_writecf

/reconnect

If I write /pb_writecf in ET Consoled, I get

"Punkbuster Client: Unknown Command/Setting: /pb_writecf"

try /pb_writecfg

• Clan Friend

pb_system 1 is useless when it comes to etkey problems, that command is not related to pb guids at all (I've always used the default, pb_system = 0, and I never had problems with my etkey)

PB_System [0/1]

PB can conflict with other software on some systems due to vigorous memory scanning; Changing this setting may reduce or eliminate conflicts if you have problems on your system; this setting can only be changed before connecting to a server

so I suggest you use the default (pb_system 0) unless you have problems like pb lags, etc.

to write your pb config, the command is pb_writecfg, not writecf. But if pb is off, I am not sure if it will read its config while being off...

You can start ET with a shortcut, where you add:

+set cl_punkbuster 1

at the end.

that would enable punkbuster when you run et

make sure you have the following line in your etconfig.cfg in your profiles folder (on etmain and every mod you play):

seta cl_punkbuster "1"

You can put this in your autoexec.cfg as well.

Before slac/tzac was out I had this in my autoexec.cfg, now I removed it because of tzac and etpro, but if you don't play etpro with tzac it's perfectly ok:

seta cl_punkbuster "1"
pb_cl_enable
pb_LogToFile "1"
pb_system "0"
pb_security "0"
pb_sleep "500"
pb_cdkeyverauto "1"
PB_SsLog "1"
PB_SsSave "1"
pb_writecfg

Do you have PB folder in your ET folder? It should be there, if its there then start ET and try \pb_cl_enable and \pb_writecfg. It should write in blue something like: "punkbuster ver. ENABLED" and "pb config written succesfully

". If those commands produce some errors take SS and post it here. Then go to Menu-mods-jaymod(silent\nq whichever you play) and repeat the command.(you can scroll with down\up arrow keys all the commands in console).

Also Sunlight put it pretty thoroughly.