German food vs Chinese food

*Dream*

• 2 weeks later...

Both cuisines are really good but have quite different traditions and philosophies.

The German food definitely excels when it comes to sausage and grilled meat (especially in combination with beer), really tasty - the bakeries there offer a huge variety of delicious and tasty bread like nearly no other country. They also have a really good breakfast culture. And salads are tasty too. When it comes to fish though, you better look elsewhere...

the (authentic) Chinese food is a bit more light and has a much higher variety in terms of dishes and recipes available. Chinese seafood cusine is huge and the soups and veggies really taste great. And the best dumplings ever!

That said, I think both are tasty and I would not want to miss either of them. If u look to lose weight though, better stick with Chinese food ! :)

• Like 1

Both cuisines are really good but have quite different traditions and philosophies.

The German food definitely excels when it comes to sausage and grilled meat (especially in combination with beer), really tasty - the bakeries there offer a huge variety of delicious and tasty bread like nearly no other country. They also have a really good breakfast culture. And salads are tasty too. When it comes to fish though, you better look elsewhere...

the (authentic) Chinese food is a bit more light and has a much higher variety in terms of dishes and recipes available. Chinese seafood cusine is huge and the soups and veggies really taste great. And the best dumplings ever!

That said, I think both are tasty and I would not want to miss either of them. If u look to lose weight though, better stick with Chinese food ! :)

:agree

• 1 month later...

German food. Never had any real German meats until I met MaKys dad. Lunch is just meat Vienna's, rockwurst, hamwurst, labercast (sorry for spelling, not fluent in german ;) )

Chinese is ok, but mainly I just like honey chicken and special fried rice, but then is that chinese or vietnamese or indonisian????

All I know is the thought of eating raw fish is ewwww lol

ok this is one of them topic that are like wtf really everyone knows chinese is better then german food

Edited by *Venom*

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there's way more than the "stereotype german food" as each region got its own recipes. Yet I think you need to have authentic german food to know what all this is about.

As - best example - the americans got their "Wiener Schnitzel" which is simply a hot dog and has nothing to do with a real Schnitzel.

Anyway, I'll stay with german food because I can't stand chinese food. Most of those dishes are very incompatible with my stomach as it seems.