Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory Crashes

*Kiba*

ok i have a problem it been going on for a long time now i don't no what doing it but it only happens on hardcore i trued to change the versions i us i us to to us 2.60b but i change it to 2.55 and it still crashes i don't get no error message or anything win it does it i play on jay2 and jaymode all the time but it don't crashes on there at all so i am at a lost it been going on for a long long time i think i have a topic on here about this some where as but i wanted to make a new 1 i have no clue what going on it just crashes win every it feels like middle of a game haft a map or in the middle of the map i don't get it at all

not sure if this helps but i was thinking about it and had this to add everything is more brighter after the game crashes and haft to restart my pc to get it back to normal

Edited by *Venom*

you changed 2.60b back to 2.55 ? why ?

how you did change it back ? ET starter Pro ?

to clarify it, you connect with 2.55 to HC server or with 2.60b ?

is there a difference on which version you connect ?

what have you don until now to solve the problem ?

is this problem also on silent server ?

Edited by stabak

well change back to 2.55 fix my problem for a time but yesterday i got kicked all the same

i not really sure i can't really tell any difference

yes i us et start pro

hardcore is silent so i would think it i would have same problem on silent server '

to fix problem play on jaymod and say F hc lol

and i have all was used et start pro even back win i was in Evil Clan

Edited by *Venom*

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leader

.... everything is more brighter after the game crashes and haft to restart my pc to get it back to normal

I found this to be normal after my ET crashes in the past. My desktop would be brightly washed out and I had to restart, too. I think we have all have set ET to higher-than-default brightness. A dimmer desktop after an ET crash would be unexpected.

It did this to me a long time ago because my current graphics card couldn't handle it. Mine was fixed after getting a better one. The only temporary fix if using a mediocre gfx card is to use light settings. if this is your case.

• Administrators

I found this to be normal after my ET crashes in the past. My desktop would be brightly washed out and I had to restart, too. I think we have all have set ET to higher-than-default brightness. A dimmer desktop after an ET crash would be unexpected.

Go to ATI/nvidia control panel center and reset your video settings. Don't need full restart.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't no what it is i would think my video card is just right for et see how i don't really have that problem with jay2 or jay1 or any of the jaymodes and i us to not have the problem on hardcore to you guys change it to silent so i don't no

video card i have is ATI Radeon HD 5670

Edited by *Venom*

Running as administrator?

Enough memory? \com_hunkmegs VALUE?

HC and Silent1\2 are running on silent mod. Maybe try to clean up your ET installation from older silentmod pks and etpub?

SAVE ETKEY to your email, USB etc before deleting anything in ET folder, as ETKEY holds your lvl + xp.

Also Start-> Control Panel-> System and security-> Administrative tools: event log could show you some information about crash as you dont have any from ET.