'Put bots to spec'-vote

wurstcola

While playing on Jay#4 I wondered if anybody could implement a 'Put bots to spec'-vote on it that, if passed, would put all bots to spec.

So if there are too many bots and players want to play lets say a 3vs3 and no admin is online they can decide for themselves.

Furthermore I think people will like it if the server gets more interactive.

I am assuming that if there is a vote for putting the bots to spec, there must be a vote for bringing them back?

If its any way possible then bots could be joining in next map back. And voted down again if felt so.

I was wondering if we where even allowed to do this so i never done it and never had anyone really complain about it and if there is a vote and they all vote yes is it still allowed?

The thing with bots is that it is just annoying to play 1o1 or 2on2. That is why we need more admins on Jay 4 and above all more regulars, rather than a vote. Be active on Jay 4 and the server will thank you for it. I am against a vote of this kind because we would constantly have this kind of vote called and if it doesn't pass because 1-2 players want bots to stay, the vote is repeated, etc. Votes annoy me :/

We have admins on the servers. They make the decisions and it is our job to put bots specs. If there is no amin on the server. Well, they just have to deal with bots. Easy fragging for some time. IT is okay I think.

• Like 2

Last time I was told we dont put bots to spec. Of course this could have been changed since I have heard but for servers like jay4 sometimes it is best to keep the bots because it is a server meant for fun and for new players to come and practice.

Last time I was told we dont put bots to spec. Of course this could have been changed since I have heard but for servers like jay4 sometimes it is best to keep the bots because it is a server meant for fun and for new players to come and practice.

Well that's the best reason for not implementing a vote. It is up to the admin to decide in the specific situation whether to play with bots or no. I learned myself from a high level admin that, for instance, on Jay 2 we always have to put bots into spectators or the regulars who play for rate, won't join up.

On Jay 4, I usually put the bots spectators when I see a few regulars online of whom I know they don't like to play with bots. Me too, I prefer to play without bots. Also: On Jay 4 are often new maps and bots can be a hindrance here...

Bots are only good if you want to break the spree record on a map :P

• 2 weeks later...

Haha Wurst :-). Jaymod indeed doesnt have a vote like that, but via enhmod you can create a cmd for it. Though I dont really feel like needing it, I'm ok with putting some to spec when needed. Anyway, glad you create topics now xd. But euh.. try to suggest possible things in the future :P