Play the Objective or go for Kills?

Dak

Both..i love to give cover to engies to help make objective and for sure like every one i love to kill as much as i can ;)

I don't think i ever really "run away" from objectives. Too many times i will witness a gun fight start happening that i feel like we are losing in. So i will get away. I will try to flank them or get around the defense to get an objective. But you can't take an objective dead, so those that say that people are only trying to protect their KDR, are only half right. The point is for the team to stay alive while at the objective so we can take it. So I will fight and stay alive so that my team can overall take the objective, if i don't feel like we can take it, i'll change up my strategy so we can do it. That's not to say 1 man can't take objectives, but that those that manage to control the area itself, usually control the objectives.

When the opposing team is capturing your flag, it is worth making a suicide dash in the hopes of thwarting their capture efforts. Too often I hear "Losing A" and I have to fight my way through a stream of my own teammates as they flee from the objective. Maybe I am too focused on the objective and shouldn't let it irritate me? Damn I hate losing!

I hear ya Dak. Lately I have been trying to support the weakest objective, and let our main force bunch up on the objective of the moment. And sometimes if you are on a team with no direction ( too many noobs or too many campers), its worth it to spend a few minutes on directing newbies to the team goal, occasionally, thats help turn a beat down into a victory, or at least make a one-sided match become competative again.

I hear ya Dak. Lately I have been trying to support the weakest objective, and let our main force bunch up on the objective of the moment. And sometimes if you are on a team with no direction ( too many noobs or too many campers), its worth it to spend a few minutes on directing newbies to the team goal, occasionally, thats help turn a beat down into a victory, or at least make a one-sided match become competative again.

Interesting you should bring up the "directing" topic. Never sure if my direction is appreciated or if guys wish I would just stfu and keep shooting? Maybe it's my imagination but it does seem like I have been able to influence a win by bringing some coordination to a team. Occasionally someone on the team will openly disagree with my directions and that is fine with me. I actually like to know guys at least have some strategy in mind.

Generally, I like to hear someone "directing". Even more, I like it when an entire team practices a little communication, like, im on a, barn clear, sniper by truck, or some such. Ive been on a few teams where 3-5 players were chiming in and we dominated because of it. Even if I personnaly don't want to pause to pipe up, the knowledge of teammates intentions is still valuable, with the following exception.

If you don't know or trust the person directing, it is pointless. . It drives me nuts when some unknown noob comes on and is trying to direct everyone, without a clue, shouting random bs directions without any tactical knowledge or expertise. If a player isn't skilled enough to hold an area for a few minutes, for example, and says "I got C covered" and then dies 1 sec later, while shooting a picture on the wall, it was pointless. Unfortunately, its not really ok to tell them to stfu.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would say PTFO (play the effing objective) mostly because being a team player and already being the highest rank-you don't really need kills other than for Weapon Achievements. Sometimes, though, when I'm playing I get sidetracked and more go towards the little red dots on my GPS, because I like getting high kill-streaks. These can help the team in and of themselves (air-strike... heli...) but I would say cap the points, then get the kills.

Usually, I try to fill in the gaps. When my team is concentrated on one section of the map, I head toward another (I hate overcrowding anyway). When no one goes for the objective, I will. But if someone manages, then I will cover him, or go on harassing the other team and unnerving them with kills.

I try to keep my mind both on the objective and the kills. I abandon the objective altogether when we are hopelessly losing, or overwhelmingly winning.

Generally, I like to hear someone "directing". Even more, I like it when an entire team practices a little communication, like, im on a, barn clear, sniper by truck, or some such. Ive been on a few teams where 3-5 players were chiming in and we dominated because of it. Even if I personnaly don't want to pause to pipe up, the knowledge of teammates intentions is still valuable, with the following exception.

If you don't know or trust the person directing, it is pointless. . It drives me nuts when some unknown noob comes on and is trying to direct everyone, without a clue, shouting random bs directions without any tactical knowledge or expertise. If a player isn't skilled enough to hold an area for a few minutes, for example, and says "I got C covered" and then dies 1 sec later, while shooting a picture on the wall, it was pointless. Unfortunately, its not really ok to tell them to stfu.

This is an interesting issue. Perhaps the only thing that COD4 is lacking is a good team coordination. It's hard to talk all the time, planning actions and playing them out in a single map.

I have always thought how interesting it would be if a team had a fixed composition with pre-decided roles. For example, Theo-RPD base fire, LA Kings-long rage coverage, Razor-point attacker, etc. Such a team would have been formidable indeed. Are there such groups of players that rendezvous others for duel matches? Do you think it's possible?

I play for the objective cause ya get more points at the end if ya win unless it team is flogging the other team them sneak into enemy territory and go fo the kills

To answer your question partisan yes there are players who rendezvous with other plers for duels cause i do it with people when we have separate matches where we try to knife each other the most

it depends if im sucking and cant kill people then i go for the objective so i can blame my low kdr on that but if im miraculously able to kill people i go for kills

Always play the objective. This is unfortunately not on the mind of many players who wish to increase their KDR and run around aimlessly trying to kill people.

• 2 weeks later...

I always go for the objective, because its the target of the game mode. If you want to go for kills then play TDM but in HQ S&D or Domination you had to go for the objective. In a Domination match I understand when you go for many kills, because these matches are all very long, but in S&D and HQ it´s kind of your duty to go for the objective.

Just my opinion :D