Foods I Cook Cause I'm unemployed!

B1gM1k3

SO, I'm back in college after 21 years in the military. Unemployed so I have to find something else to do with my time (i hate reading textbooks). I have decided to cook something new every week on Wednesday. This Week!!! PAELLA!!!!!! Seafood type. I'll post pictures and the recipe in case other FEARLESS ASSASSINS!!! want to try it out.

What did you do in the military? And what are you studying now?

Food is awesome, you posting the pics on this thread?

Well, my first venture was a complete and utter failure... I didnt use enough chicken broth to cover the rice enough so it was crunch on top and soggy on the bottom... That sewks bews... But it looked good as hell lol!. Pics posting soon.

• 2 weeks later...

So tonight, its spaghetti bolonese with a mozarella, basil and tomato appetiser. White wine to whet the appetite and an italian ice that i've made myself. Probably not as good as that in Europe but i'll give it a go

I like the mozarella so much I am now growing a basil plant in my back yard... I also planted three different types of tomatoes so I can enjoy the mozarella, basil and tomatoe appetizer I made. It was a good night at the B1gM1k3 house that night... Tonight I plan on making a German dish called Eierkuchen. It a sweet dish like pancaked that my German wife has not had the opportunity to have since we left Germany four years ago. Looking for another good night tonight...

I can't believe I've missed this topic. Stuff you're making sounds great. Btw I actually own a Paella pan. It's 14 inches.

Big Mike, I am a bit of an amateur chef too, I would love to see what your dishes turn out like and the recipes for them. Keep us posted.

Cooking and baking is my drug. Your dishes sound amazing. What type of basil are you growing? As well what type of tomatoes are you growing? I plant a garden every year, but the past two years, this one included, damn critters are getting to the plants and eating them before they have the opportunity to grow larger. They haven't touched the strawberries yet or any of the herbs (with the exception of parsley). I like Beedub would love to see your dishes and maybe we can help you out with them as well.

You're remembering me of my 40 days vegetarian strike with awesome cooking skills. In the first 3 weeks, where I was alone at home, I cooked over 2 weeks for myself (other days I was out to dinner, by friends, etc, but still vegeterian :P). I also kept a forumblog as process (not here tho...), really enjoyable :)

Cooking will become a lot easier if you practice enough. And don't try only easy recipes :P

• 6 months later...

LOL Beedub! I sure did. Its a 12 hour a day shift. And it sewks bews!!! But my wife has demanded that I start cooking again. I'll add recipes and photos as well. This of course is THANKSGIVING!!!!!!! So be on the look out for some great dishes. BBIAB!!