Severe accident in Switzerland

Kat0n

A bus filled with belgian children (mostly) got an accident few hours ago. There were 52 persons in the bus and among them, 28 found the death in this tragedy, including 22 belgian children and the 2 drivers. Most of the survivors are more or less injured.

Actually, the bus hit a concrete wall very severely. The front of the bus got crushed under the shock. No one knows the exact reason of the accident atm.

Source

15swiss-a-articleInline.jpg

According to the news there were 10 Dutch children on board, instead of only Belgium. Which seems plausible, one of the schools (ski trip for two schools) lies closely to the border of the Netherlands. Not that it really matters though, the average age of the children is around 12, that's way too early.

More pictures (and, if you're Dutch/Flemish, text) at nu.nl (click at fotoserie under the picture)

Woke up to this news since I live in Belgium

everyobody's talking about it

Just watched the news about it

really hard not to get emotional about this.. :(

Can't even imagine how the parents/families who dont know anything

yet must feel...

Little is known so far. I live about 15 minutes quite close to one of the two cities where the children came from. I know some people who go to school in the same city so i hope their friends and/or relatives are all ok.

Gone way too early, but will never be forgotten. RIP.

I saw it on the news... damn i feel the pain! my thoughts are for their families.. of those who died and of those who are still in hospital, that's so sad!

RIP